Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter hit the most home runs in Major League Baseball in July, and he is the final reward in the new Monthly Awards Program.
July Monthly Awards Flashbacks
- Matt Carpenter, Diamond 91 OVR Cardinals First Baseman (Program reward)
- Edwin Diaz, Diamond 89 OVR Mariners Closing Pitcher (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Corey Dickerson, Diamond 86 OVR Pirates Left Fielder (Ticket Counter)
- Yasmani Grandal, Diamond 85 OVR Dodgers Catcher (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Kole Calhoun, Gold 83 OVR Angels Right Fielder (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Marco Gonzales, Gold 83 OVR Mariners Starting Pitcher (Program Reward)
- Carlos Rodon, Gold 82 OVR White Sox Starting Pitcher (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr., Gold 81 OVR Blue Jays Shortstop (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
Step-by-step to earn Monthly Awards Flashback Matt Carpenter:
- Play the Missions in the new July Monthly Awards Program, which is located just above the Immortals row and you will earn the first Flashback (Marco Gonzales) in the Program’s reward screen.
- As you acquire the rest of the Monthly Awards Flashbacks through the Monthly Awards Pack, Community Market and Ticket Counter, you will unlock their Missions.
- Play those Missions to unlock Matt Carpenter’s Flashback, which has his own Mission to earn the 100% Program souvenir and 2,000 Stubs. You can exchange this item in one of 12 Career Arcs for +5% in the program, which can replace one of the player or souvenir Exchange Missions.
The Monthly Awards Pack is available in the Show Shop for 15,000 Stubs and guarantees 1 Gold or Diamond Monthly Awards Flashback needed in the Program. Packs are limited to 5 per person and only 25,000 packs are available to purchase, which means they can sell out.
The Ticket Counter is the only place to find Monthly Awards Flashback Corey Dickerson. He can be purchased for 3,100 tickets at Universal Profile Silver Level Zero.
Ticket Counter Update
Speaking of the Ticket Counter, all previous Monthly Awards Flashbacks return in a rotating slot at Silver Level zero. Look for the April, May and June Monthly Awards Flashbacks and we will continue to add future Monthly Awards Flashbacks to this group as the season progresses.
In addition, several players needed for Missions in the Starter Program are now available in the Ticket Counter.
Acquire Flashback Brett Gardner OR Legend Harold Reynolds to play a Mission to earn Legend Pee Wee Reese, or acquire Legend Dennis Eckersley OR Flashback Koji Uehara to earn Legend Dock Ellis. Look for those Missions to appear in the TIMED Starter Program once you purchase the players from the Ticket Counter. One note: you can acquire all four and complete their missions, but you cannot quick sell or exchange the duplicate Reese and Ellis player rewards.
There were a bunch of Major League Baseball deals right at the trade deadline, and this week’s Roster Update captures those moves.
Players moving to new teams include:
- Mike Moustakas (Brewers)
- Brian Dozier (Dodgers)
- Ian Kinsler (Red Sox)
- J.A. Happ (Yankees)
- Cole Hamels (Cubs)
- Chris Archer (Pirates)
…and many more! Click here to read more about this week’s Roster Update.
A new patch became available to download in MLB The Show 18 on Thursday, August 2nd. Among the Patch 1.13 Notes, you will find details about new announcer storylines in Road to the Show and Franchise including:
- Batting Race Commentary
Spotlights a batter fighting for the league batting crown during the second half of the season throughout the game and announcers will comment on his performance.
- Home Run Race Commentary
Follows a batter competing for the home run crown during the second half of the season throughout the game and announcers will comment on his performance.
- Sweep Game Commentary
Tells the story throughout the game of a team looking to finish a series sweep during the regular season. The commentary also focuses on the significance of the potential sweep and the challenges the team may have while going for the sweep.
Q: When is the next roster update with attribute changes?
A: We are planning on Friday, August 10.
Q: Will there be more timed missions added to the August Program?
A: Yes, later this month.
Q: The Road to Cooperstown Event ends on Thursday at noon PT, so when does the next Event begin?
A: We are planning to launch the next event on Friday, August 10, and it will be an Immortal Event to earn Stan Musial bobbleheads needed for his Program.
Q: Will there be new Programs coming out besides Monthly Awards in the future?
A: Yes. Look for more news later this month.