Darin Erstad has been revealed as the newest Legend in MLB The Show 18! He can be earned in Diamond Dynasty by reaching the World Series Division in the May Ranked Season, and he will be added to the next Roster Update.
Rewards in the new May Ranked Season have increased compared to the March-April season. Look for more Stubs rewards and extra Souvenirs Packs in the top divisions.
The May Ranked Season is scheduled to end at noon PT on June 1, and rewards will be distributed shortly afterwards.
Battle Royale Flawless Rewards
Two new Flashbacks are part of the Battle Royale Flawless rewards pool, including one of the greatest hitters of all-time.
Hardware Flashback Ichiro Suzuki and All-Star Flashback Greg Holland can be earned in Battle Royale by going undefeated (12-0) in a single entry, in addition to the other three Flawless rewards of Joe Morgan, Ryan Braun and Vida Blue.
May Timed Program
Look for the new May Program to accumulate hitting and pitching stats to earn up to 10,000 Stubs this month, plus other packs! Time-limited Missions for the Mexico Games this weekend (May 4-6) and Memorial Day Weekend are included, but not required to complete the Program. We plan to add other Missions throughout the month in case you miss out on those.
The newest patch is available to download for MLB The Show 18. Patch notes include:
Gameplay Improvements and Stabilizations:
- Adjustments made to the Plate Coverage Indicator.
- Increased pitch speeds within Diamond Dynasty (both Head to Head and Versus CPU games).
- Fix for a rare occurrence where the outfielder would not play a catch (or run over the ball) on firmly hit ground balls that get through the infield.
- Adjustments made to allow more user control for infielders on soft line drives just over their head. This allows users to break out and run for the ball, when they sometimes felt locked in.
- Fix for a rare issue where the catcher would come out of his cover position (covering home), not allowing branching throws to the plate when a runner is attempting to score.
- Fix for when user is unable to make free agent moves until free agency IV phase if the World Series ends on or before Oct 25th.
- Fixes for various low frequency consumer reported crashes.
- Several UI and art asset adjustments to add polish.
- Various other minor bug fixes and adjustments made throughout the game.
If you have feedback, we'd love to hear it! Let us know what you think on the forums.