You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I'm planning to create/port the following historic rosters in MLBTS 19 and will upload them to the vault:

• ALL TIME GREATS,
  • HISTORIC ROSTER 2000-2010, 
  • HISTORIC ROSTER 1980-1999, 
  • HISTORIC ROSTER 1960-1979, 
  • HISTORIC ROSTER 1940-1959, 
  • HISTORIC ROSTER 1900-1939,

I went through every player in the All Time Greats Roster (~2700 players) over the winter and made a ton of adjustments to try and get each player's face and body right, their equipment right, and their salary to what they got paid in their best WAR year (accounting for inflation for the players pre 2000).

When I start on a roster I'll post here and will provide a list of teams going into the roster. When the roster is finished I'll upload it to the vault and will post here when it's done.

First up will be the ALL TIME GREATS roster.

3/26/2019 8:42AM PDT

Hi Biebig2010. I just downloaded the files from the vault for 2018 last night so I can play Franchise there (not doing MLB 2019). Would it be possible for you to update the 2018 files if you have done the work and it would not be too much trouble. Would love to have your latest greatest work before I start a fantasy draft and play through some seasons with the All Time Greats!

Thank you for all the effort you put in.

3/26/2019 9:43AM PDT

Hi Biebig2010. I just downloaded the files from the vault for 2018 last night so I can play Franchise there (not doing MLB 2019). Would it be possible for you to update the 2018 files if you have done the work and it would not be too much trouble. Would love to have your latest greatest work before I start a fantasy draft and play through some seasons with the All Time Greats!

Thank you for all the effort you put in.

Comment by droletto
3/26/2019 9:43AM PDT

Yes, I can upload the latest version of the ALL TIME GREATS roster to the 18 vault. It should be there sometime this afternoon.

3/26/2019 1:35PM PDT

Great to hear this Biebig2010 ..... Your Rosters are an integral part of my enjoyment of this game !

The Show 19 appears to be a Solid improvement which I am looking forward to enjoying this year !

THANKs Again for All You have done with this game to enhance it's enjoyment for many !

3/26/2019 3:09PM PDT

Great to hear this Biebig2010 ..... Your Rosters are an integral part of my enjoyment of this game !

The Show 19 appears to be a Solid improvement which I am looking forward to enjoying this year !

THANKs Again for All You have done with this game to enhance it's enjoyment for many !

Comment by don_crop
3/26/2019 3:09PM PDT

Thanks Don, I'm looking forward to cranking out rosters again this year.

The Show 19 is solid for sure. A couple minor things that I noticed that will affect historic rosters.

1) They took out one of the adidas shoes from last year and replaced it with a new adidas model that looks pretty weak. The adidas shoe they replaced was great for some of the mid 70s players that wore adidas. For example: the 72/73/74 Oakland A's wore them and they looked great.

2) You can't assign no flaps helmets to newly created players again this year. I'll have to check if the players from 18 that had no flaps port to 19 with no flaps but it's annoying I can't assign no flaps to any player I want.

3) You can now create Nike batting gloves that looks like lots of old school batting gloves. For example: last year you couldn't just have a white glove with a black swoosh. You had to have a white glove with a back swoosh and parts of the glove black also. This year you can create a white glove with a black sswoosh and it looks great.

4) When you assign a batter/pitcher animation to a player they have three sections now: generic player, current players, and history players (or something thereabouts). This makes it very easy to look up pitching/batting animations and assign them to newly created players. The good thing is that players that are ported are assigned their proper animation (assuming they had the proper animation last year).

5) The older more generic louisville slugger bat no longer exists. They replaced it with a newer LS bat and it looks pretty aweful. So all players that had Louisville Slugger bats will have to be changed to one of the other LS bat types that look similar.

3/27/2019 9:28AM PDT

Yep, 

1) The classic Louisville Slugger is gone. Now I use one of the Rawlings bats that looks very similar. I think it is the lowest row on the first screen second from the right. 

2) No Flaps do transfer over properly. But once you edit them the No Flap option disappears.

3) The only two needed adjustments I've noticed thus far are those two: Bats & Helmets. For the Helmets I use the "Basic" for the '70s and earlier players.

I agree ....... game is very solid at this point.  

I really like the '50s Milwaukee Braves uniforms, Dark Cardinals Caps being brought back, St. Louis Browns uniforms, Brooklyn Dodgers & New York Giants '50s Caps, & in particular those '60s Washington Senators uniforms that are now in the correct slots with Minnesota & Texas.

I am in the process of transferring my Late '60s Roster as we speak and have 10 Teams moved over thus far. Taking my time and enjoying some games as I go.

I also really like the new Scoreboard Overlays of Theme 1 & Theme 2 with all the added information they have included with those two that is absent when using the MLB Network overlay.

So far it all looks really good ......... but I will miss those '69 Seatle Pilots uniforms they removed.

ALL in ALL it is well worth the Roster Transfer efforts required to fully move to this Version of the game. One year, probably sooner than later, that Roster Transfer effort will not be worth moving to a newer Version and then that is when I stay put. BUT this is Not that Year !

Oh, that automatic name look up feature is really neat too !!!

LOTS to LIKE !!!

3/27/2019 2:55PM PDT

are these rosters still being worked on even with the problems you provided  I really enjoy the work you put on this and am hoping to see them again in this years game

P.S. just found out with last years it took you almost close to end of may to almost mid june to create these so I'll just wait it out if it means taking that long to grab these great rosters as more time to create the better the outcome for sure

5/2/2019 6:26AM PDT

Yes, I'm still working on the ALL TIME GREATS roster. I've got all 2500+ players ported and most of the players adjusted to account for changes in MLBTS19. I am currently working on adjusting the Padres and Giants players and then I'll upload the roster to the valut. I hope to have it finished and uploaded to the vault in a week or so.

When the ALL TIME GREATS roster is finished and uploaded to the vault I'll post here and then I'll start working on the HISTORIC ROSTER 2000-2010 roster.

The other rosters will go faster than the ALL TIME GREATS roster because there are way, way, way more players to port and adjust in the ALL TIME GREATS roster than the other rosters; partly because each teams roster size is smaller in the other rosters and partly because many of the ALL TIME GREATS players are also included in the other rosters and have already been adjusted.

5/2/2019 1:42PM PDT

Thanks makes sense with the amount of work put out on these rosters I run mlb cpu vs cpu tournaments so guess l'll be starting with all time greats

5/4/2019 10:27AM PDT

Thought I'd check up again how is progress it has been a good solid week hoping to use these before I get to my next round in the cpu vs cpu tourney let me know hoping to hear back on how progress is as your rosters are better than 1200 favorite stars final forgot who created it but most of the players need a name or at least something more detailed I know you probably climbed through most of the big mountain but I'm guessing your working on the lineups and pitching rotation and bullpen anywho excited as I swear I get more thrill out of your rosters than anyone else's I will be excited when they get uploaded knowing for a fact that a big level detail was put in your rosters as well as realism anyway thought I'd ask about progress and excited when I can get my hands on your rosters that should be coming out very soon hopefully as long as life dont throw a curveball at your progress cheers for the work put in these

5/9/2019 11:24AM PDT

I would like the option of pant leg length. If they can do sleeves why not pant legs. Would incorporate 80s players and also players in the 40s

5/9/2019 11:31AM PDT

Yes, I'm still working on the ALL TIME GREATS roster. I've got all 2500+ players ported and most of the players adjusted to account for changes in MLBTS19. I am currently working on adjusting the Padres and Giants players and then I'll upload the roster to the valut. I hope to have it finished and uploaded to the vault in a week or so.

When the ALL TIME GREATS roster is finished and uploaded to the vault I'll post here and then I'll start working on the HISTORIC ROSTER 2000-2010 roster.

The other rosters will go faster than the ALL TIME GREATS roster because there are way, way, way more players to port and adjust in the ALL TIME GREATS roster than the other rosters; partly because each teams roster size is smaller in the other rosters and partly because many of the ALL TIME GREATS players are also included in the other rosters and have already been adjusted.

Comment by biebig2010
5/2/2019 1:42PM PDT

Do you plan on announcing it in this forum when it’s done, or is it already done and I’m blind?

5/9/2019 1:43PM PDT

Do you plan on announcing it in this forum when it’s done, or is it already done and I’m blind?

Comment by UnequalCommunism
5/9/2019 1:43PM PDT

He will announce it in here when finished 

5/10/2019 6:16AM PDT

I've finished all players on all teams except the Giants. I'm starting on the Giants tonight and will post when the roster is done and uploaded to the vault in this thread.

5/10/2019 8:58AM PDT

I totally understand how much work is put into players it just feels like Christmas these are honestly if not the best  by any means. they are the best historic rosters in my opinion nobody in my opinion comes close to what you have as a finished project anyways your amazing looking forward to them as soon as they are released to the vault I'll be for sure grabbing them asap anyways thanks and cheers on an amazing project that honestly I'd have no patience in partaking in doing anything like this as I have no patience yet again your amazing and deserve all the mlb the show 19 players to have been recognized by for years to come thanks for your hard work and looking forward to your many rosters getting put out in the coming months 🏆🍻🙂

5/12/2019 12:06PM PDT

Wish we could see screenshots on progress but it's not that big of a deal I will probably see it when it gets released hopefully soon you only have the giants to work on then probably going to see it in the vault anyway I totally understand if you were doing mothers day stuff on the weekend anyways probably get to see it soon if not I understand real life stuff comes first I am just excited more than anything as this has been worked on for 2 months anyways hope to hear back from you soon about this as your a team away from completing the all time roster anyways hope to see your project soon

5/13/2019 10:01AM PDT

What’s the psn I can find these under when their out? Much appreciated man not a better roster out there for couch play!

5/13/2019 1:05PM PDT

What’s the psn I can find these under when their out? Much appreciated man not a better roster out there for couch play!

Comment by Gijimmers53
5/13/2019 1:05PM PDT

Same psn as here its biebig2010 hope that answers your questions 

5/14/2019 6:09AM PDT

chris_tap26, when I get the roster done I'll upload it to the vault and then I'll post here. I'm not committing to one day, or two, or three, or ten for that matter. When it's done it's done and not before then.

5/14/2019 1:01PM PDT

chris_tap26, when I get the roster done I'll upload it to the vault and then I'll post here. I'm not committing to one day, or two, or three, or ten for that matter. When it's done it's done and not before then.

Comment by biebig2010
5/14/2019 1:01PM PDT

True I was looking greedy I  figure I would switch out the days I put in and put soon as I wasn't thinking about how greedy I sounded u do amazing work I try not to sound greedy just very excited to try out your finished roster project whenever you get it done sorry will probably relax on this thread 

5/15/2019 5:59AM PDT

I finished the ALL TIME GREATS roster and uploaded it to the vault. This roster contains the top 80-90 players for each franchise from 1900-2018.

Next up is the HISTORIC ROSTER 2000-2010 roster. This roster will contain the top team for each franchise from 2000-2010.

5/19/2019 10:25PM PDT

I finished the ALL TIME GREATS roster and uploaded it to the vault. This roster contains the top 80-90 players for each franchise from 1900-2018.

Next up is the HISTORIC ROSTER 2000-2010 roster. This roster will contain the top team for each franchise from 2000-2010.

Comment by biebig2010
5/19/2019 10:25PM PDT

Amazing job, good work.

5/19/2019 11:28PM PDT

YeeHaw !  Just saw this and ready to step in the box with this Masterpiece !

Thanks biebig2010 ---- You are flat out Amazin' ............

Don

*** Do You have any suggestion for the best Sliders for this set ??? ***

5/21/2019 9:38PM PDT

Thanks Demicco2 and don_crop, I appreciate it. 

Don, I don't use anyone else's sliders so I can't provide a recommendation. I have a slider set that I customize for my own purposes so that when I play games against the CPU I get very competitive games that I win sometimes and I lose sometimes. I use these sliders for my historic rosters and for the default rosters and they play fairly well either way. I didn't make too many adjustments from the default sliders. I don't recall the specifics but think I increased the contact and power for both me and the CPU slightly and I think I increased the fastball speed for the CPU as well.

I did a few simulations using the ALL TIME GREATS roster in franchise mode where I simulated a full season and the results seemed pretty reasonable. A couple times teams had 100+ wins (Yankees and Dodgers) while a couple times teams had 90+ loss seasons (Tampa Bay and Arizona). The players you'd expect lead the league in hitting, stolen bases, HRs, slugging, wins, innings pitched, strikeouts, etc. Nothing stood out as being extremely out of the oridinary although one simulation had Lou Gehrig hitting 63 HRs. The old timers aren't throwing 300+ innings and winning 30+ games like they did in the early 1900's but the stats are fairly realistic for today's modern era.

It's virtually impossible to get the early 1900's stats for the old time players while getting 2000's stats for the current players in the same roster. You're not going to get Ty Cobb hitting .418 while Mookie Betts hits .346. You're also not going to get Walter Johnson winning 36 games while Clayton Kershaw wins 18 games or Pete Alexander throwing 388 innings while while Max Scherzer throws 220 innings. Basically I'd say the stats are fairly normalized toward today's modern era stats.

5/22/2019 11:53AM PDT

I agree fully biebig2010 ........ I only play CPU vs CPU and basically have very minor adjustments to the default sliders. This game plays out fairly well. I too have simulated a couple full seasons with your All Time Greats roster and the results are truly believable in the vast majority of categories. The game of baseball or better stated the way teams manage baseball teams today has changed drastically over the years and it would be very unrealistic to expect a games engine to allow for both extremes. I really like MLB The Show 19 and unless there is justifiable reason to move to MLBTS 20 (such as ease of transferring rosters; numerous classic ballparks; divisional alignment capability, adjustable schedules etc etc) I am likely to hang in here with MLBTS 19 for awhile.

5/23/2019 12:01AM PDT