You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Lol no I just had a bunch of really good econ professors. Finances has always been my professional passion and I've played video games ever since they were invented. It's just a perfect mixture of hobby and schooling lol. 

Unfortunately my stock portfolio isnt anywhere the near the same. I tend to stay low risk in both worlds, theres just not as much profit in that in the real market no matter how much time you put in. We make 10% extra just because some people buy stubs and others have zero interest in marketing. In the real market everybody is hungry, it's just an undercut by 1, every second for the entire day.  

Comment by ImurHucklebeary
6/10/2019 11:22AM PDT

Plus the NYSE doesn’t do us the favor of being predictable with those stock pack releases, roster updates, and stock sales ;) 

Now im really wishing the stock market worked that way. 

6/10/2019 11:28AM PDT

Plus the NYSE doesn’t do us the favor of being predictable with those stock pack releases, roster updates, and stock sales ;) 

Now im really wishing the stock market worked that way. 

Comment by Abvid
6/10/2019 11:28AM PDT

Lol so true, although I will say this weekends barrage of market curveballs was similar lol.  Have to adapt on your feet and make the best of a good or bad situation. 

The real market just takes longer also.  The market trends we see are sped up greatly just because it's a small population and a small amount of currency in relation to global economies. We see annual market cycles occur within days or a week. 

6/10/2019 11:35AM PDT

Huck, as always you are very insightful.  This weekend's market was strange to me in couple of ways.  The Silver market was particularly fruitful for me with pockets of really cheap Silvers.   I think there was a bunch of supply coming off the market with gamers' stub wallets being fattenend by the stub sale and those stubs being put to purchasing work.  You'd think this would drive prices up, not down but I'm guessing pack rippers were offloading Silvers as fast as they opened their packs.

6/10/2019 11:42AM PDT

Huck, as always you are very insightful.  This weekend's market was strange to me in couple of ways.  The Silver market was particularly fruitful for me with pockets of really cheap Silvers.   I think there was a bunch of supply coming off the market with gamers' stub wallets being fattenend by the stub sale and those stubs being put to purchasing work.  You'd think this would drive prices up, not down but I'm guessing pack rippers were offloading Silvers as fast as they opened their packs.

Comment by ggun1
6/10/2019 11:42AM PDT

Yeah I would've pegged silvers as the largest gainers of the stub sale just because of the game sale. More new players should mean those entry level markets should be overwhelmed. 

Usually the "top" headliner of the week doesn't sit as high as the CC did all week though either. When that card is above 100k it just creates more pack buying. Whether it's due to the stub sale, the CC being a good card, or both, more packs got opened this weekend than usual. 

Edit to add, in hindsight this could mean not many people bought the game on sale. I'd be curious to see their weekend sales numbers. 

6/10/2019 12:08PM PDT

Lol no I just had a bunch of really good econ professors. Finances has always been my professional passion and I've played video games ever since they were invented. It's just a perfect mixture of hobby and schooling lol. 

Unfortunately my stock portfolio isnt anywhere the near the same. I tend to stay low risk in both worlds, theres just not as much profit in that in the real market no matter how much time you put in. We make 10% extra just because some people buy stubs and others have zero interest in marketing. In the real market everybody is hungry, it's just an undercut by 1, every second for the entire day.  

6/10/2019 11:22AM PDT

Well, I have to say, I really appreciate what you've been doing walking guys through the trends on the market -- I've been doing it for years, but I've learnt a lot from your posts. With all the toxicity and obnoxious stuff in this forum, and new players being turned away with "buy low, sell high" (herp derp), it's really nice to see someone go out of their way to be helpful, positive, and encouraging. 

Thank you for what you do, bro!

6/11/2019 9:26AM PDT

Well, I have to say, I really appreciate what you've been doing walking guys through the trends on the market -- I've been doing it for years, but I've learnt a lot from your posts. With all the toxicity and obnoxious stuff in this forum, and new players being turned away with "buy low, sell high" (herp derp), it's really nice to see someone go out of their way to be helpful, positive, and encouraging. 

Thank you for what you do, bro!

Comment by Hitman_btg
6/11/2019 9:26AM PDT

You are all most welcome. I just enjoy seeing the marketers come out and work together. Were all basically guessing anyway, the more we can think tank together the better our guesses will be.  It's a testament to all the posters, I learn from them too or they remind me of something I overlooked. It's definitely a group effort. 

You're right though, I started to skip the regular forums and just go straight to the market section or my PMs.  I've found its greatly cut down on the toxicity levels.  I still peek around the general forums when I feel the strength lol. But if I just want to relax it's the market section for me. 

6/11/2019 9:52AM PDT

You are all most welcome. I just enjoy seeing the marketers come out and work together. Were all basically guessing anyway, the more we can think tank together the better our guesses will be.  It's a testament to all the posters, I learn from them too or they remind me of something I overlooked. It's definitely a group effort. 

You're right though, I started to skip the regular forums and just go straight to the market section or my PMs.  I've found its greatly cut down on the toxicity levels.  I still peek around the general forums when I feel the strength lol. But if I just want to relax it's the market section for me. 

6/11/2019 9:52AM PDT

Yeah, it's almost a zen minigame lol...or maybe it just feels that way as I procrastinate writing this damn dissertation lol

6/11/2019 9:54AM PDT

I checked last night and I seem to have all the stubs I need for Mays and 500k more so I am now "semi-retiring," lol. I have been spending too much time on this anyway so I am trying to get down to maybe 20 transactions a day or something. :)

It's hard to be patient. I know if I wait a week I can get the AL diamonds I need for a lot less so I am forcing myself to wait. :)

6/11/2019 9:56AM PDT

Looks like the smaller markets are rising today (bronze, gold). Prices rising sharply on some of the 74 bronzes and golds like Greinke, Acuna, Kimbrel. 

6/11/2019 10:39AM PDT

I checked last night and I seem to have all the stubs I need for Mays and 500k more so I am now "semi-retiring," lol. I have been spending too much time on this anyway so I am trying to get down to maybe 20 transactions a day or something. :)

It's hard to be patient. I know if I wait a week I can get the AL diamonds I need for a lot less so I am forcing myself to wait. :)

Comment by Qeltar_
6/11/2019 9:56AM PDT

Yeah if I were you I'd sell off any inventory you weren't planning on holding long term anyway. 500k is plenty of a nest egg to rebuild your empire with little effort, just chasing pack releases really. 

It will be cheaper if you wait a week or two but I dont think you're dooming yourself to financial ruin either. I'd at least wait for the pack release. I think stuff will be cheaper then than now. 

6/11/2019 11:07AM PDT

Looks like the smaller markets are rising today (bronze, gold). Prices rising sharply on some of the 74 bronzes and golds like Greinke, Acuna, Kimbrel. 

Comment by thetsunamirc
6/11/2019 10:39AM PDT

Interesting. Maybe it just took longer for the supply to drain up on those. I have offloaded a bunch of my inventory bronzes today and got some pretty good prices. 600 plus for a few of them. 

6/11/2019 11:08AM PDT

Yeah if I were you I'd sell off any inventory you weren't planning on holding long term anyway. 500k is plenty of a nest egg to rebuild your empire with little effort, just chasing pack releases really. 

It will be cheaper if you wait a week or two but I dont think you're dooming yourself to financial ruin either. I'd at least wait for the pack release. I think stuff will be cheaper then than now. 

6/11/2019 11:07AM PDT

Well I am currently sitting on Grienke, all three 3rd inning bosses, Arrieta and a couple of other things.

I am not playing this weekend so I considered dumping some of this stuff in the next couple of days.

I think the 3rd inning guys will go up so I am trying to decide if I should ride that.

PS I liquidate all my flipping stock nightly now.

6/11/2019 11:13AM PDT

Well I am currently sitting on Grienke, all three 3rd inning bosses, Arrieta and a couple of other things.

I am not playing this weekend so I considered dumping some of this stuff in the next couple of days.

I think the 3rd inning guys will go up so I am trying to decide if I should ride that.

PS I liquidate all my flipping stock nightly now.

Comment by Qeltar_
6/11/2019 11:13AM PDT

Yeah with where prices are I've been doing the same with most of inventory other than my 2 week keeper piles. 

You're sitting on some good stuff though. 

The 3rd inning bosses I just stayed out of.  I'm using an alomar i intend to sell if they spike but i think theres more risk in these than usual. 

6/11/2019 11:25AM PDT

What are y’all thinking about the Chapman chances of going back to gold? Let’s just say I’ve been taking the opportunity to pick up a bunch of him since he is sticking around 5k...

6/11/2019 6:26PM PDT