You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Update #7 Monday morning 

Looks like there was some good sale prices Sunday, markets taking a downward turn right now, this is 100% normal behaviour, it always dips a bit Monday and Tuesday and then the card scarcity will start kicking Wednesday and Thursday. Again beware of the possible pack reward for the stream on Thursday, it will cause another 2 to 3 hour dip. Friday a headliner is scheduled, so the weekly schedule will go back to a more normal schedule. If you're still holding cards I'd hold them until Wednesday or Thursday night.  If you're interested in buying to resell Wednesday Thursday I'd hold off a bit and let the dip develop, I wont start looking for buys until Tuesday, should still be some good buys Wednesday morning too.  Just remember to sell off before the headliner release Friday. 

If you're holding cards that you're nervous about feel free to send me a PM and let me know which cards, how many, and what you paid for them and I'll work up a strategy for you.  

The 4th inning announcement is coming during the stream Thursday night. These 3rd inning boss markets will be made or broken during that stream imo. If 2 out of the 3 cards are iffy the markets are going to become a panic sale. If 2 out of 3 are really popular players these are going to start to go up.  Theres a limit to how far up and down these cards can go, but if you're holding one or a few for resale I'd keep an eye on how people respond to the stream. Their response is basically how you can expect the market to react on these. 

Good luck out there

Update #6 Saturday night. 

I just looked at the schedule and there is a stream on Thursday, they've been giving out reward packs for watching those, that could cause a slight 2 to 3 hour market disturbance on Thursday.  Just plan ahead for it. 

Almost all the markets have gone up a decent amount, the rest have lingered in good sell spots. From the looks of things I'd say tomorrow is going to be a good sell off day also so dont stress too much if you still have a bunch of cards.  Definitely sell what you can tonight though. 

Good luck out there. 

Update #5 Saturday morning. 

Took a look around this morning and everything seems pretty stable. The market will pretty much go up from 2pm to 10 PM central tonight. Sometimes it goes up until 11 or 12.  For the most part it will be a steady rise all night. Everytime you see the lead headliner, CC this week, go up around 100k it means more packs will be opened and a brief market stall. Just expect a few stalls throughout the day and dont start panic selling like everybody else. Prices will be highest tonight between 8pm and 10 PM central. I'd wait until at least 6 to 7pm central to start selling off. Flip in the meantime and maybe sell a few things. But make sure you're set up for tonight's profit making. 

Remember most importantly not to fall in with the panic sellers. We have until Thursday night to get rid of this stuff, that's a lot of days for card scarcity to be created. Theres still a ton of stubs that need to be circulated. I'm not recommending you hold until Thursday but I wouldnt be afraid of losing out by waiting either. Part of our profit is created by allowing the other sellers to sell first and this does 2 things, it raises the market average and it removes cards from circulation for the time being.  Both of which are a friend to us. Its win win, the other marketers take the short end and build up the large end for us.  

I'm traveling the rest of the weekend, leaving in about an hour, so if you have any questions fire away. I'll check in when I can but for the most part you're just waiting for stuff to go up anyway, dont need me for that lol.  Dont be afraid to lean on the advice of the other marketers you've seen in the thread either.  These guys are solid and will steer you right.  

Good luck out there!

*****UPDATE #4*******

Um, they just dropped headliner packs. When they were scheduled for Monday 

This will cause some markets to stall or dip. It's a set back to be sure, but it's not an insurmountable one. Just keep holding, let everybody else panic. And do what we normally do on a headliner Friday. Flip cards, make profit, and wait for Saturday night for our big sales. 

Do not freak out and panic sell like everybody else. Take some profit and sell a card here and there but dont let this dip scare you.  Theres a TON of new stubs in circulation, they're not done circulating yet.  

What this means is they're not going to release anything on Monday. So the stubs that just got added into circulation will support these markets through the next pack release.  Instead of selling off by Sunday night we now have until Thursday night to sell off. So it's a set back but we can also use it to our advantage. 

Update #3 Friday morning

Stub sale is now live.  This is great news that it came out early.  Now we just sit back and wait. I'd hold until primetime this evening. Expect a market stall when the potm packs come out until they're gone. Just expect the stall and it wont make you nervous when it happens. 

Good luck out there today!

Also just to add, I have to travel this weekend, leaving early Saturday morning, and will be unable to check the forums as often, i might not even be able to check them at all because I'm going into to the wilderness and might not get wifi. If you have any questions fire away today. I'll help as much as I can.  On the plus side once the stub sale goes live i dont think you guys will need my help anymore lol, the profit will pretty much take care of itself at that point. 

Update #2 were starting to see the top end get leveled out. Some markets are starting to dip, dont worry, it's just because a lot of us ran out of stubs buying. Remember you bought today to sell Friday and Saturday night. Check around in the 89 and under markets, I'm still seeing some room in those markets, particularly the preorder cards. Check through the thread for some random tips I've left. 

Once the stub sale goes live you just sit back and wait. The sound of profit will soon be upon you. 

*******UPDATE*******

They just announced a stub sale, between that and the game going on sale mixed with the lack of supply from packs...this is going to be the most epic market RISE of the year. Buy buy buy.

Added a link for the stub sale and also just wanted to add that theres some good insights from contributors throughout the thread. It's worth reading. 

Link to the stub sale announcement;

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/06/days-of-play-deals-hit-playstation-store

*****UPDATE*******

So its POTM promo Friday and a Monday headliner release is scheduled.  This means 2 things. 

1.  There will be another market dip on monday with the headliner release. It wont crash as sharply because with the midweek pack releases they tend to get opened over time and not in one big rush. Expect the normal weekly schedule to be greatly changed next week. It will probably be a slow downward dip monday through Wednesday, with a slight bump Thursday before headliners go back to Friday the next week. 

2.  Last time they did POTM promo the market didn't crash as hard, the amount of packs are limited and they took awhile to sell out.  This time around, after seeing how much the other cards went up, these will be bought almost immediately.  But it's not an endless supply of packs. Once those packs are gone the market stall is about to end and stuff will probably go up through Saturday night. Sunday it might start to go down in the evening because most of us sell off before pack releases. 

Once the stub sale goes live stuff will start skyrocketing, when packs come out it will stall momentarily and then shoot up after packs are sold out. 

If you're still holding cheap cards from last fridays crash dont worry about their markets being low right now, they will go up this weekend with the lack of supply. 

Edit to add, it looks like they're also running a sale on Friday for the game. This will bring a ton of new players in. The entry level markets just got a large boost in value. The larger markets will see some trickle up also. 

6/5/2019 7:09AM PDT

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't last months POTM packs sell out within hours of release?

6/5/2019 8:07AM PDT

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't last months POTM packs sell out within hours of release?

Comment by WMercer85
6/5/2019 8:07AM PDT

It took 5 or 6 hours if I remember correctly. I'd be shocked if it takes half that time this time around. 

6/5/2019 8:10AM PDT

Thanks for your thoughts here and by PM.

IIRC last time there was no crash at all on Friday, at least not on the cheap stuff I deal in. Maybe more at the high end with people dumping to get cash for POTM packs.

6/5/2019 8:15AM PDT

Thanks for your thoughts here and by PM.

IIRC last time there was no crash at all on Friday, at least not on the cheap stuff I deal in. Maybe more at the high end with people dumping to get cash for POTM packs.

Comment by Qeltar_
6/5/2019 8:15AM PDT

Yeah I'm hoping it goes up all weekend. It would limit our buy and hold markets but it would make instant flipping more profitable. 

6/5/2019 8:24AM PDT

A stub sale is possible too. I could honestly see it. Prices could spike big time. 

Wouldn't make much sense to put a stub sale the day that people are fighting over a limited quantity item anyway. It's not needed.

6/5/2019 8:26AM PDT

A stub sale is possible too. I could honestly see it. Prices could spike big time. 

Comment by allmustfall16

I considered this also. I think they're using the 20 dollar game sale as their stub sale though. Although it wouldn't shock me to see a stuh sale when a bunch of new people are buying the game. 

I think think this is definitely a possibility. 

Edited to add, stub sale is official now. It's happening. 

6/5/2019 8:30AM PDT

What time do packs hit the store on Friday?

6/5/2019 8:31AM PDT

What time do packs hit the store on Friday?

Comment by Speedy44
6/5/2019 8:31AM PDT

Usually 2pm central. It doesnt say on the schedule though. Anybody remember what time potm packs came out last time?

6/5/2019 8:34AM PDT

Usually 2pm central. It doesnt say on the schedule though. Anybody remember what time potm packs came out last time?

Comment by ImurHucklebeary
6/5/2019 8:34AM PDT

Updates are always 2 pm central time. It’s been that way for years. 

6/5/2019 9:00AM PDT

Updates are always 2 pm central time. It’s been that way for years. 

Comment by djpearl23
6/5/2019 9:00AM PDT

Thank you. 2 PM central it is. 

Just be aware guys that they do sometimes release these a few minutes early. 

And dont panic too much about buying. Theres a limit for each person. If you're mountain or Pacific time zones you might not want to wait until you get home from work. They might be gone by then. 

6/5/2019 9:12AM PDT

so about 230 we should have a bunch of posts about how they got ripped off on packs lol

6/5/2019 9:30AM PDT

so about 230 we should have a bunch of posts about how they got ripped off on packs lol

Comment by Rabid55Wolverine

Lol yep, that's when we swoop in and remove their burdens. 

How much do these packs cost? I’m not stub rich. 

6/5/2019 9:47AM PDT

How much do these packs cost? I’m not stub rich. 

Comment by bskcoop2281
6/5/2019 9:47AM PDT

Sorry I dont remember what they sold for last time. I think they were more than headliners though. Like maybe 10 to 20k per pack or something. 

If you're low on stubs I might skip the packs. You have to hold what you pull for at least a couple of weeks for the value to increase.  You have to have the stubs to hold these potm cards for the rarity to kick in. 

6/5/2019 10:27AM PDT

POTM packs just prove there is a sucker born every minute but for SDS is every second those packs are a waste unless you have a TON of stubs to burn but for casual players and/ or people who do not do a lot of the online stuff it's kind of a waste. I would not bag on the packs if they were a tad cheaper but value for the stubbs is bad and i am being nice when i say just bad.

6/5/2019 10:28AM PDT

POTM packs just prove there is a sucker born every minute but for SDS is every second those packs are a waste unless you have a TON of stubs to burn but for casual players and/ or people who do not do a lot of the online stuff it's kind of a waste. I would not bag on the packs if they were a tad cheaper but value for the stubbs is bad and i am being nice when i say just bad.

Comment by blitz77tw
6/5/2019 10:28AM PDT

You havent followed the value on the last potm program then.  Go look at what those cards are selling for today. 

6/5/2019 10:30AM PDT

Thank you. 2 PM central it is. 

Just be aware guys that they do sometimes release these a few minutes early. 

And dont panic too much about buying. Theres a limit for each person. If you're mountain or Pacific time zones you might not want to wait until you get home from work. They might be gone by then. 

6/5/2019 9:12AM PDT

No problem! I have no interest in POTM packs, but it is rather odd that it sold out so fast last time. Last year they would never sell out that fast, if they even did sell out at all.

6/5/2019 11:16AM PDT

You havent followed the value on the last potm program then.  Go look at what those cards are selling for today. 

6/5/2019 10:30AM PDT

LOL. exactly, these are the only packs that are worth the price, if you have the stubs to hold and wait for the prices to spike astronomically. 

6/5/2019 11:21AM PDT

No problem! I have no interest in POTM packs, but it is rather odd that it sold out so fast last time. Last year they would never sell out that fast, if they even did sell out at all.

Comment by djpearl23
6/5/2019 11:16AM PDT

The more experienced players knew those were good investments. It was a new program for me and I was skeptical. I've learned my lesson though lol. I'm not sure if I'll buy packs but I can afford to buy some cards once they get low and hold them for a few weeks at least. I might try my luck on a pack, I rarely do but it seems like if you were ever trying to strike gold these are the gamble to take, just because if you can afford to hold them longer than everybody else it just winds up being rare. Which is always marketable. 

6/5/2019 11:23AM PDT

Anyone else no longer getting in-game notifactions on transactions?

6/5/2019 11:38AM PDT

Anyone else no longer getting in-game notifactions on transactions?

Comment by Qeltar_

I think servers went down for a bit. 

I'm not online though right now so I have no clue sorry. 

Servers are back up. It appears they turned notifications off. Ugh.

6/5/2019 12:17PM PDT

Servers are back up. It appears they turned notifications off. Ugh.

Comment by Qeltar_
6/5/2019 12:17PM PDT

Yeah I dont like that. Oh well I usually check the completed orders page every few minutes anyway. I tend to miss a few notifications otherwise. 

6/5/2019 12:24PM PDT