You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Update 1.21 and server restart scheduled for 3 AM PT on 9/23/19. Notes can be found here. Please complete all games prior to that time. Thank you.

I enjoyed 18 and 19 season with franchise mode of the show 18.

And I am about to start 20 season with franchise mode of the show 19.

Of course, my franchise mode of 19 has received the data of 18.

And, I discovered that there is a player whose name is JOHN HIGHTOWER in San Diego Padres.

Who is this?

I never saw him while I played 18 and 19 season.

This is terrible bug.

I am very dissapoited.

Here is the evidence.

https://cafe.naver.com/ps3friend/1520135

7/13/2019 10:06PM PDT

It could be that a player has been moved to the minors in real life since your season and they replaced him with a fake name. This happened to me when Nevin Ashley was sent back to the minors in real life, the next year of my franchise no longer had Nevin Ashley but instead had a catcher with a different name. 

The reason for this is I assume SDS loses the rights to the player’s name and likeness when they are no longer in the majors. 

7/13/2019 11:29PM PDT

It could be that a player has been moved to the minors in real life since your season and they replaced him with a fake name. This happened to me when Nevin Ashley was sent back to the minors in real life, the next year of my franchise no longer had Nevin Ashley but instead had a catcher with a different name. 

The reason for this is I assume SDS loses the rights to the player’s name and likeness when they are no longer in the majors. 

Comment by Red_Ted_is_back
7/13/2019 11:29PM PDT

That's not correct. Any player who has appeared in the majors is available for SDS to create

7/15/2019 9:44AM PDT

That's Carlos Asuaje. I'm not sure he's in the game anymore, even though I think he's with Arizona right now.

7/15/2019 9:48AM PDT

That's not correct. Any player who has appeared in the majors is available for SDS to create

Comment by ViatorLion10

Only if they are still listed with the mlb players association or they have specific rights to that player. 

7/15/2019 9:50AM PDT

Comment by ViatorLion10

Looks like in my case it was because Nevin Ashley’s MLB playing career ended. I should have looked into that first.

Fun fact: according to good old Wikipedia, Nevin Ashley’s wife’s name is Ashley.

7/15/2019 9:50PM PDT