You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

This is going to be a very long post with at least one reply from me so I can get everything down that I wanted, so I'm going to get to it quickly. I highly encourage you all to give it a read though because it'll be worth it.

Also, please leave a like and a comment so this post gets noticed by the Devs hopefully. I want this to be the top franchise post this year, so share with your Show friends and tell them to check it out.

Basically, what I'm presenting here is suggestions on how to make the best possible Franchise Mode in The Show. I'll be honest, I'm pretty sick and tired of SDS taking my money every year and getting nothing new in return. I've already decided that this will be my last purchase of this game unless they drastically overhaul franchise. I know they won't miss my $60 and probably don't care, but I can't keep letting a gaming company rip me off every year, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here who feels that way.

Anyways, let's get to it:

CPU Roster Management (Highest complexity, Highest importance)

• Easily the most problematic thing in franchise
  • Better management of lineups and rotations. The CPU needs to toss poor performing players out of their lineup/rotations/bullpens for other options instead of just relying on overalls. This means bringing up prospects and also exploring the trade markets
  • Management of 40 man rosters: in season adjustments (to bring up MLB ready prospects), protecting necessary players from the Rule 5, and removing unnecessary players
  • Call up “hot” and over-performing minor leaguers and send down “cold” and underperforming major leaguers. Total number of options remaining should be considered (see “Waivers” section). CPU also needs to make sure they aren’t advancing prospects too quickly or too slowly.
  • Some of the free agent offers the CPU make are a joke. I’m sure a lot of this has to do with the Budget issues, but CPU teams will often not make offers to home grown talent that is post-arbitration (some don’t even make qualifying offers to players that should definitely get one). Additionally, a lot of the offers that the CPU make are incredibly non-competitive and easily outbid by the user
  • Trade logic is extremely poor. Teams will acquire a player at a position that is clearly not a need, or they will acquire a player that does not help them in any way. Often, the CPU “is searching for” a position they don’t need while ignoring one they desperately need. Also, the CPU has got to stop trading away top prospects and young talent for no reason at all. I legitimately watched the White Sox trade away Eloy Jimenez within the first two months of the season one time
  • The CPU often does not stick to “roster plans”. “Rebuilding” teams will trade away young players with good potential for aging veterans in contract years despite being very far out of the playoff race. Additionally, the “roster plans: of certain teams doesn’t make any sense. If you’re 20 GB in the division, you shouldn’t be considered “normal”, you’re definitely “rebuilding”
  • The CPU does not try to salary dump to open up money to resign their players or go after big names in free agency. This is a normal practice in professional sports and should be implemented
  • The CPU is also not aggressive enough when it comes to selling off top players before their free agency. “Rebuilding” teams who have a stud player who is about to hit free agency need to actively shop their top player around to try and get solid return on him.

Budget (High complexity, High importance)

• Simply put, it needs a massive logical overhaul. It is contributing to so many problems within franchise and there is zero clarity on how it works so users can try to make sense of what to do

Player Development (High complexity, High importance)

• Have overall caps by level that players cannot progress beyond without being promoted. I would suggest A: 62, AA: 67, AAA: 75. This keeps you from just stashing players at lower levels and allowing them to progress exponentially. If a player reaches this cap and stays at a level for too long, he begins to lose potential. This will also help the CPU better manage the progression of their prospects through their systems
  • Development has to be more strictly tied to performance. Players shouldn’t just develop linearly, they should be rewarded for playing well and punished for playing poorly in specific categories (contact, power, defense, etc.). The more a player dominates, the faster he progresses in certain attributes, and the more he struggles he receives either no boost or actually loses. I know this is currently the system, but it isn’t implemented that well because I’ll see guys hitting .220 all season but still have growth in their “contact”
  • More logical “dynamic potential” changes. Right now, it is incredibly random for the most part. Have younger players have a better chance to add potential, while older players have a better chance to lose potential. Multiple good/bad seasons or one amazing/horrific season should have more consistent effects on potentials
  • Refine training to do away with the generic “hitting coach session” to train overly specific categories and shift to a points system. You get a certain amount of points to allocate for training of different attributes. The more points allocated to a specific attribute, the more boosts you will see. Additionally, have a minimum number of points required for training to prevent regression (this will be based on age, potential, and current overall)
  • Actually be able to train certain attributes like stamina, stealing, and pitch control/velocity/break
  • Stop making regression so drastic due to age. Anybody over 35 gets absolutely murdered in one season and that’s ridiculous. Age-related regression should only occur slowly in season, and then have bigger drop-offs after the season is over

MLB Draft (High Complexity, High importance)

• Please get rid of players in the draft classes that are 24 and older, its highly unrealistic. Additionally, older players shouldn’t be high potential but low starting overalls
  • Revamp the draft screen. Keep it simple, be able to see the player’s name, age, potential, current overall, class (HS, 2yr, 3yr, 4yr), and “likelihood to sign” (more on this below). To view all scouting information, hit the triangle button (like now). To view current roster, hit another “hot key” like R3 or something.
  • Have a “likelihood to sign” for each individual player. HS and 2yr players hold a lot of leverage over teams in real life because they could always just go (back) to college. So if a player shows up as “high”, his commitment to school isn’t strong so it won’t take a lot of money to sign him (I’ll get to bonus pools below). If a player is “low”, it’s going to take a hefty bonus to convince him to sign. 4yr players are guaranteed to sign since they can’t go back to school
  • Have bonus pools to sign draft picks. You can offer players the same base salary but offer different bonuses to convince them to sign. Each draft slot has a specific “bonus” related to it that players will either sign at, above, or below like the real MLB draft. Additionally, you can only offer a maximum amount of bonus money without facing consequences (I think you lose draft picks the following year, I’m not sure what the MLB does)
  • MLB Pipeline’s Top 20 Draft Prospects: the top 20 available prospects in a year’s draft class come fully scouted
  • Projected draft rounds for each player. Helps when drafting to know which players will be above and below slot signings. Of course, CPU teams will let certain players slide for reasons like uncertainty to sign or injuries, or they will reach for players to save bonus pool money
  • Don’t reveal players actual potentials or ratings until after they have been signed. After drafting, you can have access to the full scouting report, but will not be able to know every little detail
  • Get more realistic with player creations. Stop having “blue chip” players with incredibly low starting overalls or lacking in key attributes (like a 3B who hits for no power or plays no defense). Additionally, have more players that can play multiple positions available in the draft, I see too many guys that only play 1 position. Overall, right now it is way too obvious that these players are randomly generated so the algorithm needs fixing

Player Scouting (Moderate complexity, Moderate-high importance)

• Eliminate the antiquated “regional scouts” and have just one single “Director of scouting”
  • Director of scouting has the following attributes: Pitchers (accuracy of scouting of pitchers), position players (accuracy of scouting of position players), draft discovery (ability to discover players eligible for the draft), IFA discovery (ability to discover players eligible as IFA). I don’t think “efficiency” is necessary, but wouldn’t be against its inclusion
  • The scouting process is streamlined, you tell the scout what you are looking for and he goes out and finds scouts players. The longer you search for a particular thing (say RHP), the more players he finds and the more accurate their scouting. Again, I don’t think its necessary to have “focus points” like “velocity” or something, but I wouldn’t be opposed to their inclusion

IFA Signing Period (Low complexity, Moderate-high importance)

• Scouting starts immediately after the draft
  • More in depth than draft scouting. Information comes in slower
  • Bonus pools in order to sign players (which can also be traded)
  • Have it be a part of the offseason (A significant date that indicates the start of the IFA period. Players will continually be signed until the end of the offseason)
  • For the love of God, let these players be 16-17 years old like real life. Idk why we are restricted to 18 and older (is that some legality thing that I’m unaware of?)
5/18/2019 3:45PM PDT

AND HERE IS THE SECOND AND FINAL PART OF MY POST

Offseason (Moderate complexity, Moderate-high importance)

• IFA signing period (mentioned above)
  • Free agency bidding early in the offseason for top players. The user is only able to see what other teams have offered contracts, but not the details and not how interested the player is
  • Don’t just have free agents sign for the most money, have other factors play a role (see the “Morale” section)
  • Players will entertain all offers and not just reject them out of hand (even horrible offers). Sometimes players will choose to sign for the low-ball contract offers so they can at least be on a team
  • Stop letting good free agents go unsigned (like 33 year old, 84 overall pitchers)
  • Sign players to minor league contracts (when signed, they don’t go on the 40-man roster)
  • Minor league free agents. I’m not sure how this system works, but it’s a thing where older minor league players can elect free agency over being renewed and staying in the same system. Often, it can open a new pathway to the majors instead of being blocked in a certain system. Also keeps teams from stacking their farm systems
  • Be able to edit rule 5 draft eligibility for created players so it doesn’t take 4 seasons for them to become eligible. Also, legitimately have players being poached in the Rule 5 so you get punished for not protecting good players
  • Offseason training programs to quickly add to certain attributes, add new pitches, or add a new position for players. Total number of programs available is determined by the rating of your “Director of player development” (see “Coaching Staff” section)

Trading (Low complexity, Moderate importance)

• Be able to trade IFA bonus pool money
  • Please, please, please let us trade more than three players at a time already
  • Three team trades
  • Ability to trade “renewable” and “arbitration” eligible players in the offseason even without contracts
  • Add a “trade veto” option in the franchise settings so I can stop the CPU from making the stupidest of trades

Injuries (Low-moderate complexity, Moderate importance)

• More logic needs to go into injuries. Why are their so many “head fractures” and why am I seeing so many pitchers with “forearm fractures”? Pitchers need to have strained lats and obliques. Position players need to have strained hamstrings and such
  • Players should sometimes have setbacks during their recoveries (at varying frequencies based on their “durability” rating) and also have reinjuries (again, based on “durability” ratings)
  • Where is the “Tommy John Surgery” injury? Also, why do all injuries get wiped clean as soon as you enter offseason?
  • Detrimental effects of past injuries. Have players who suffer serious injuries lose attribute points in certain categories related to that injury. So, like a broken wrist will affect a hitter’s “power” and a “torn rotator cuff” will decrease a pitcher’s “velocity” and maybe his “K/9”
  • Have the ability to add and remove injuries manually

Waivers (Moderate complexity, Moderate importance)

• Have the CPU actually consider waivers when optioning players back to the minors (right now they just option whoever they want no matter their overall)
  • Actually have players get poached on waivers. Guys 80+ overall should never make it through waivers but it happens constantly in franchise

Morale (Low complexity, Moderate importance)

• Have there be more specific player roles instead of just Star/Starter/Platoon/Bench because those are just way too generic
  • Eliminate, or at least drastically reduce, the effect of salary and location on morale. These things may affect where players sign, but they shouldn’t affect morale
  • Team and individual performance should have a much greater effect on a player’s overall. Individual performance specifically should create an artificially high overall in players performing very well to make them more attractive trade bait
  • Have the motivations of players (salary, location, team performance, coaching staff, etc.) play a more direct role in determining where players will sign as free agents

Lineup Management (Low-moderate complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Be able to make a depth chart with playing time breakdowns (% of games played at a specific position by starting pitcher handedness). This will make sure that certain bench players are playing more often (almost like a 9th or 10th starter) instead of just being stashed on the bench and used at random by the CPU while simming

Rotation/Bullpen Management (Low complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Allow the use of “openers”
  • Allow 6-man rotations
  • Be able to specify bullpen roles more clearly (low leverage, high leverage, long reliever, closer). This will help the CPU better manage the bullpen so that one guy isn’t being constantly used and another guy never gets used. Specifically, if you have two “SU” pitchers, only one of them will be actually used. Also, if you have a low overall MRP, he’ll almost never get used if everyone else is higher overall
  • Fix stamina recovery. Bullpen pitchers recover way too fast after being used. Normal bullpen pitchers used on back to back days usually cannot pitch on a third straight day unless absolutely necessary
  • Have the CPU use SP as RP, and not just as LRP. If a pitcher is struggling as a starter, or a prospect is ready for the majors but there’s not rotation spots open, have them moved into the bullpen (a lot of pitching prospects break into the majors this way, or now dominant closers were once failed SPs). Personally, I’m in favor of eliminating the SP/RP/CP designation altogether and have everyone fall under “P”

Player Cards (Low complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Let us track stats from previous minor league seasons already. I want to know how my player did last year and how he is progressing from year to year and from level to level
  • Easier access to sabermetric and handedness stats (handedness especially is not even on the player card anymore, but it used to be). Add in certain stats like wRC+, GB/LD/FB rates, and soft/med/hard contact rates

Coaching Staff (Low complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Ability to resign your coaches once their contracts expire. Right now there’s no direct way to do this
  • Comprehensive ratings system. Get rid of boosts/negatives for only 4 attributes, each coach has comprehensive boosts/negatives/neutrals for every attribute. The only attributes affected on your team are the one’s relevant to his coaching position (Manager affects all)
  • Better signing screen so you can view all ratings for coaches and be able to sort
  • Eliminate “Farm Director” and add “Director of player development”. Their attribute ratings affect the development of those specific attributes throughout the entire organization

Extra Minor League Team (Low complexity, Low importance)

• Allow the single-A teams to be playable just like AA and AAA. It would be nice to have younger players that just aren’t ready for AA yet be able to play in some actual games and possibly get those potential and attribute boosts
  • Won’t even need to create new stadiums, just use the same old generic ones used in AA and AAA
  • Have a 10 man “Rookie” team that acts like the current single-A

Better Franchise Interface

• Quickly and easily navigate from the schedule screen to “lineups” or “rotations” to adjust after injuries, and then be able to quickly snap back to the schedule screen
  • Better “make trade” page that incorporates team records, current season stats for a player, a team’s roster management philosophy, and a quick view of a team’s lineup/rotation

Sim Consistency

• Good teams should be good and bad teams should be bad. Every franchise I’ve done this year has the Reds fighting for first place and the Brewers way down in last place. This is backwards
  • Random occurring phenomenon: I had Ronald Torreyes on one of my teams and he hit like 12 HRs one year despite having “power” in the 30s. Pedro Strop is also notorious in this game for having a sky high ERA due largely in part to a high BB/9, despite him being a high overall and a decent BB/9 attribute
  • I see way too many high overall players being performing way too poorly, and sometimes doing it consistently

Sliders

• Give us the ability to edit franchise sliders like 2K does. This was a great addition by 2K a year or two ago and I think it would really help to have something similar in The Show

Changing Team Control

• Let us be able to take over control of another, or all of the other teams in the league after our franchise has started. Sometimes I want to make sure a certain team does something specific, so I’d like to take control of them to get it done myself, and then relinquish the control afterwards
5/19/2019 6:13PM PDT

One thing you left off the list... More robust record keeping in terms of historical stat leaderboards and record holders. Both league and team versions.

5/29/2019 7:48PM PDT

You touched on a lot of good points. Let me add to this a fully customizable league. I make historic rosters every year! If I want to create any past season I want the ability to change divisions to change the number of teams to be able to leave out the newer teams such as Colorado and Arizona! The ability to import players once your franchise starts it would be great to add new Legend players with each new rendition of the show to your carryover franchise. the ability to zero out everyone stats so you could start a franchise from scratch and have your own League season and all time records. expansion would be great as well as a stadium creator. also a much more advanced player creator. The ability to create your own uniforms start a total fantasy league without MLB teams. I know for one I would purchase Legends as they became available for franchise mode, stadiums and again uniforms. I feel the same way it's all about Diamond Dynasty and making money I get it! 2K has done a fine job with their basketball and has installed many of these suggestions Into their game.

5/30/2019 12:21AM PDT

What I would like to see within Franchise Mode is more indepth GM stuff like OOTP does on PC. Being able to set ticket proces, vending prices, sponsors contracts, promotianal dates. Similar to how EA MVP Baseball did many years ago. I loved that concept with how you added vendors & created your own ballpark & upgraded it. Taking all of that & putting that with the MLBTS gameplay, then francise would be awesome. An other great thing would be making signing or resigning players more realistic with the GM interacting with the players agent which how it is actually done in real life. I only play franchise in "MLBTS" beacuse I can physically play as the Mets & have full GM control. But for "REAL" GM experience & setting, OOTP is the BEST!!!!!! The ONLY drawback OOTP has is that you can not play games on it. it's pure management only. 

5/30/2019 11:19AM PDT

Says "so I'm going to get to it quickly" 

proceeds to write a novel 

5/30/2019 12:54PM PDT

You forgot And bring back Online Franchise!!

5/30/2019 4:21PM PDT

Love this thread, completely sad that it will be ignored by SDS like they have ignored franchise mode for the last half dozen or more years.

I did not buy 19 for several reasons, one of which is they lack of interest SDS has in fixing any mode that isnt DD.

5/31/2019 4:26AM PDT

Come on y'all, keep leaving comments and likes! Get this to the top of the "top" page for franchise so maybe we can have real change!

6/21/2019 5:12PM PDT

I have noticed (and commented) about the poor age regression system in this game off and on over the years.

Just now, I did a little research to see if maybe I was wrong about my perception that the MLB commonly has at least a few players 36 and older who are above average.

My gut told me it’s an exception not have at least a few solid big leaguers each season who are nearly 40, if not over 40.

Here’s what I found:

Data from the 2014-2018 MLB regular seasons:

1) Hitters from 2014-2018 who were 36 and older with an OPS+ above 100 (100 is league average, baseball reference is where I did my research).

12 hitters aged 36 and older had seasons that matched or exceeded these requirements and logged enough Plate appearances to qualify for the batting title (3.1 PA/ team game).

18 other hitters aged 36 or older met or exceeded these requirements and logged at least 200 PA.

So, a total of 30 hitters proved they were at least capable of making a positive impact at the big league level from 2014-2018.

During this 5 year period, hitters aged 36+ made up about 7.6% of all hitters who logged at least 200 PA and put up at least an average OPS+.

2)Pitchers aged 36 and older from 2014-2018 who had an ERA+ over 100 (100 is league average):

7 Starting Pitchers aged 36+ had seasons meeting this requirements and pitched enough innings to qualify for the ERA title.

3 other Starting Pitchers aged 36+ pitched at least 100 innings and had an ERA+ of 100 or better.

16 Relief Pitchers aged 36+ pitched at least 40 innings and had an ERA+ of 100 or better.

So, a total of 26 pitchers proved they were at least capable of making a positive impact at the big league level from 2014-2018.

During this 5 year period, pitchers aged 36+ made up about 4.4% of all pitchers who pitched at least 100 innings in a season primarily as a starter or 40 innings in a season primarily as a reliever.

All in all, 56 players had productive seasons at age 36 and older from 2014-2018. That’s an average of about 11 players per season. 

No, I don’t think OPS+ and ERA+ are the “end-all be-all” metrics for judging MLB performance, but they’re decent (and accessible) representations of hitting and pitching production, respectively.

In 2026 of my MLB the Show RTTS there are ZERO players aged 36 or older with Overalls of 80 and above and there are 15 players aged EXACTLY 35 with Overalls of 80 and above.

Yes, it appears there is a hard algorithm for a complete drop-off in ability at age 36 in MLB the Show. It’s unrealistic and seems like a lazy way to reflect age regression.

i used 80 as a minimum line for Overall because it appears to be about the rating for a fringe-starting MLB everyday player or a decent MLB pitcher in MLB the Show.

Surely, this can be fixed.

8/28/2019 10:37PM PDT

Mega ultra bump, also one thing that NEEDS to change is stuff (velo/break/control) should be DIRECTLY RELATED to the pitchers per /9s. So many times in franchise a guy has 88 k/9 and throws a 91 RFB. It makes no sense. Absolutely has to change. Also if hitters have platoon stats why not pitchers? Some pitchers are tougher on a certain handedness and it should be able to he shown in game, not to mention that some stats are capped too low. Mike trout is regularly posting OBP% and SLG% in the mid to high .400s and .640+ range, both stats seem almost capped during a regular season. I rarely see an OBP above .420 even from mike trout. Also we need a new stat, GAP POWER. Pretty self explanatory that one. Also a better system for setting jersey numbers and retiring jerseys. HOF/ reward system needs to be changed entirely, Cy young voting is wayyyyyy too reliant on wins and MVP voting is way too reliant in HRs. Also HOF restrictions for pitchers need to be way reduced, max scherzer and justin verlander not getting into the HOF? Its just laughable 

8/29/2019 9:17AM PDT

Mega ultra bump, also one thing that NEEDS to change is stuff (velo/break/control) should be DIRECTLY RELATED to the pitchers per /9s. So many times in franchise a guy has 88 k/9 and throws a 91 RFB. It makes no sense. Absolutely has to change. Also if hitters have platoon stats why not pitchers? Some pitchers are tougher on a certain handedness and it should be able to he shown in game, not to mention that some stats are capped too low. Mike trout is regularly posting OBP% and SLG% in the mid to high .400s and .640+ range, both stats seem almost capped during a regular season. I rarely see an OBP above .420 even from mike trout. Also we need a new stat, GAP POWER. Pretty self explanatory that one. Also a better system for setting jersey numbers and retiring jerseys. HOF/ reward system needs to be changed entirely, Cy young voting is wayyyyyy too reliant on wins and MVP voting is way too reliant in HRs. Also HOF restrictions for pitchers need to be way reduced, max scherzer and justin verlander not getting into the HOF? Its just laughable 

Comment by avengerpat
8/29/2019 9:17AM PDT

I’m of the opinion that the /9 attributes for pitchers are a false premise to begin with. Those are stats, not attributes.

You’ll never see a real-life scouting report of a pitcher that has a 20-80 rating on H/9 HR/9 BB/9 K/9.

The scouting report will give a 20-80 on his velocity, his command, his stuff, and maybe some more nuanced things like “pitchability”, smoothness of delivery and makeup.

The only attributes any pitcher has to get outs (or not) is Velocity, Command, Movement, Deceptiveness (of delivery, hiding the ball, etc), and Pitching IQ (sequencing pitches, knowing his opposition, makeup, etc).

But even if you said MLB the Show uses H/9 and HR/9 to more transparently represent Pitching IQ, in the final analysis, Pitching IQ is a minuscule part of determining a pitcher’s success or failure because no matter how good a “pitching brain” a pitcher has, if he can’t execute a good pitch in a good spot, he’s going to get bombed.

A hanging changeup is a hanging changeup, no matter how smart the pitcher is.

Greg Maddux was an exponentially smarter pitcher at 40 than he was at 28, yet his level of actual “stuff” was just a notch or two lower at 40 than it was at 28. But you saw a marked difference in his effectiveness. At 28, he was the best pitcher on the planet, putting up all-time great numbers as the Steroid Era was ramping up. At 40, he was a solid #2 or 3 starting pitcher, putting up near-league average numbers while playing over half his games in “pitcher’s parks”.

All that extra experience and savvy couldn’t hold a candle to the moderate drop in his physical ability.

My point is that those /9 attributes should be done away with completely as they relate to determining how a pitcher performs in games.

Let the pitcher’s physical ability to make good pitches determine his success level, with some minor positive or negative contribution from his pitching savvy (or lack thereof).

The problems caused by “/9 attributes” are magnified in RTTS when playing as a pitcher.

The RTTS player is rewarded by increasing the mystical /9 attributes instead of control, velocity and movement attributes, because the /9 attributes directly affect the pitcher’s performance more than the true “nuts and bolts” attributes of pitching: the actual pitches in his repertoire.

So, get the H/9 rating up and you’ll start allowing fewer runs. You’ll get promoted and you can train your actual pitching attributes once you’re in the Majors. That’s totally backwards.

I’ve never heard a pitcher say, “I’m doing a bullpen session today to work on improving my HR/9 ability.”

Instead, he’ll say, “Today, I’m working on locating my Sinker”, or, “I’m working on getting my Slider sharper and more vertical.”

It even says somewhere in the strategy tutorial in MLB the Show that the accuracy of a pitch is primarily determined by the pitcher’s BB/9 attribute.

So a pitcher can throw a cutter with a control rating of 50, but if his BB/9 is 90, he’ll be more accurate than another pitcher with a BB/9 of 70 throwing a cutter with 50 control.

That’s a redundant and convoluted way to have it organized to begin with. If Clayton Kershaw is trying to throw a Gyroball he can’t command, he isn’t going to be able to command it until he learns how to do it, no matter how good his control is of his other pitches or what his BB/9 has been in his career.

If I can find it, I’ll post a link to a comment from a smarter and more well-spoken guy than me about pitcher attributes used in baseball sims.

He’s who I got the concept from, and he explains it better.

As far as platoon split ratings (vs L, vs R), I agree that certain pitchers should be “lefty-killers” or “righty killers” (Like Arthur Rhodes or Darren O’Day or Chad Bradford). In fact, my gut tells me that the particular pitcher’s delivery and repertoire is just as large a determinate if not larger of success vs lefty batters and righty batters than the reverse. But I’d defer to whatever the prevailing theory on that is.

It just seems like a hitter who struggles against lefties in general is going to have more trouble vs. a submarine situational lefty reliever throwing a frisbee slider and a tailing fastball than he would against a conventional lefty throwing fastball, slider, changeup from a high 3/4 release point.

In other words, it seems like it depends more on what type of lefty pitcher (or righty) the hitter is facing rather than what type of lefty (or righty) hitter the pitcher is facing, but that’s just conjecture on my part.

8/29/2019 10:03PM PDT

It is awesome to see so many people upset with the Franchise Mode offered.  This game was designed to be realistic.  Not like RBI baseball which is an "arcade style game".  The Show offers amazing graphics and play.  However, the Franchise Mode in itself is "arcade style" in my opinion.  

Example...  this year the injuries are really, really, messed up.  My team gets injured but CPU teams do not at all.  Lol

Its obvious that this mode has been neglected and the game in general has taken a shift towards the younger generation (8 to 14 year olds). This will prove to be a blunder for The Show in itself.  I know my friends and I will not be purchasing next years game unless they fix this.  

10/3/2019 6:24PM PDT

Also, please leave a like and a comment so this post gets noticed by the Devs hopefully

I hope you realize that comments and likes and posts have NOTHING to do with sparking Dev work on Franchise.

Behind-the-scenes metrics are all that matters.  If people aren't investing their time in Franchise, Devs aren't going to invest their time in it either.

Just that simple.

10/3/2019 6:54PM PDT

The only thing I don't like in your list is the player morale. I play the NHL series, and that's the first thing I turn off.  In FIFA a 48 overall would complain about not getting enough starts. Everything else was spot on.  I use to only place France Mode, and then went to DD mode in 16, because I felt like year after year, they just gave up on Franchise Mode.  

10/4/2019 1:09AM PDT

Says "so I'm going to get to it quickly" 

proceeds to write a novel 

Comment by SkylerCW
5/30/2019 3:54PM EDT

Uh you do realize the "get to it quickly" was in reference to getting to the novel post

So basically you just stated what he did

10/4/2019 2:14AM PDT

AND HERE IS THE SECOND AND FINAL PART OF MY POST

Offseason (Moderate complexity, Moderate-high importance)

• IFA signing period (mentioned above)
  • Free agency bidding early in the offseason for top players. The user is only able to see what other teams have offered contracts, but not the details and not how interested the player is
  • Don’t just have free agents sign for the most money, have other factors play a role (see the “Morale” section)
  • Players will entertain all offers and not just reject them out of hand (even horrible offers). Sometimes players will choose to sign for the low-ball contract offers so they can at least be on a team
  • Stop letting good free agents go unsigned (like 33 year old, 84 overall pitchers)
  • Sign players to minor league contracts (when signed, they don’t go on the 40-man roster)
  • Minor league free agents. I’m not sure how this system works, but it’s a thing where older minor league players can elect free agency over being renewed and staying in the same system. Often, it can open a new pathway to the majors instead of being blocked in a certain system. Also keeps teams from stacking their farm systems
  • Be able to edit rule 5 draft eligibility for created players so it doesn’t take 4 seasons for them to become eligible. Also, legitimately have players being poached in the Rule 5 so you get punished for not protecting good players
  • Offseason training programs to quickly add to certain attributes, add new pitches, or add a new position for players. Total number of programs available is determined by the rating of your “Director of player development” (see “Coaching Staff” section)

Trading (Low complexity, Moderate importance)

• Be able to trade IFA bonus pool money
  • Please, please, please let us trade more than three players at a time already
  • Three team trades
  • Ability to trade “renewable” and “arbitration” eligible players in the offseason even without contracts
  • Add a “trade veto” option in the franchise settings so I can stop the CPU from making the stupidest of trades

Injuries (Low-moderate complexity, Moderate importance)

• More logic needs to go into injuries. Why are their so many “head fractures” and why am I seeing so many pitchers with “forearm fractures”? Pitchers need to have strained lats and obliques. Position players need to have strained hamstrings and such
  • Players should sometimes have setbacks during their recoveries (at varying frequencies based on their “durability” rating) and also have reinjuries (again, based on “durability” ratings)
  • Where is the “Tommy John Surgery” injury? Also, why do all injuries get wiped clean as soon as you enter offseason?
  • Detrimental effects of past injuries. Have players who suffer serious injuries lose attribute points in certain categories related to that injury. So, like a broken wrist will affect a hitter’s “power” and a “torn rotator cuff” will decrease a pitcher’s “velocity” and maybe his “K/9”
  • Have the ability to add and remove injuries manually

Waivers (Moderate complexity, Moderate importance)

• Have the CPU actually consider waivers when optioning players back to the minors (right now they just option whoever they want no matter their overall)
  • Actually have players get poached on waivers. Guys 80+ overall should never make it through waivers but it happens constantly in franchise

Morale (Low complexity, Moderate importance)

• Have there be more specific player roles instead of just Star/Starter/Platoon/Bench because those are just way too generic
  • Eliminate, or at least drastically reduce, the effect of salary and location on morale. These things may affect where players sign, but they shouldn’t affect morale
  • Team and individual performance should have a much greater effect on a player’s overall. Individual performance specifically should create an artificially high overall in players performing very well to make them more attractive trade bait
  • Have the motivations of players (salary, location, team performance, coaching staff, etc.) play a more direct role in determining where players will sign as free agents

Lineup Management (Low-moderate complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Be able to make a depth chart with playing time breakdowns (% of games played at a specific position by starting pitcher handedness). This will make sure that certain bench players are playing more often (almost like a 9th or 10th starter) instead of just being stashed on the bench and used at random by the CPU while simming

Rotation/Bullpen Management (Low complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Allow the use of “openers”
  • Allow 6-man rotations
  • Be able to specify bullpen roles more clearly (low leverage, high leverage, long reliever, closer). This will help the CPU better manage the bullpen so that one guy isn’t being constantly used and another guy never gets used. Specifically, if you have two “SU” pitchers, only one of them will be actually used. Also, if you have a low overall MRP, he’ll almost never get used if everyone else is higher overall
  • Fix stamina recovery. Bullpen pitchers recover way too fast after being used. Normal bullpen pitchers used on back to back days usually cannot pitch on a third straight day unless absolutely necessary
  • Have the CPU use SP as RP, and not just as LRP. If a pitcher is struggling as a starter, or a prospect is ready for the majors but there’s not rotation spots open, have them moved into the bullpen (a lot of pitching prospects break into the majors this way, or now dominant closers were once failed SPs). Personally, I’m in favor of eliminating the SP/RP/CP designation altogether and have everyone fall under “P”

Player Cards (Low complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Let us track stats from previous minor league seasons already. I want to know how my player did last year and how he is progressing from year to year and from level to level
  • Easier access to sabermetric and handedness stats (handedness especially is not even on the player card anymore, but it used to be). Add in certain stats like wRC+, GB/LD/FB rates, and soft/med/hard contact rates

Coaching Staff (Low complexity, Low-moderate importance)

• Ability to resign your coaches once their contracts expire. Right now there’s no direct way to do this
  • Comprehensive ratings system. Get rid of boosts/negatives for only 4 attributes, each coach has comprehensive boosts/negatives/neutrals for every attribute. The only attributes affected on your team are the one’s relevant to his coaching position (Manager affects all)
  • Better signing screen so you can view all ratings for coaches and be able to sort
  • Eliminate “Farm Director” and add “Director of player development”. Their attribute ratings affect the development of those specific attributes throughout the entire organization

Extra Minor League Team (Low complexity, Low importance)

• Allow the single-A teams to be playable just like AA and AAA. It would be nice to have younger players that just aren’t ready for AA yet be able to play in some actual games and possibly get those potential and attribute boosts
  • Won’t even need to create new stadiums, just use the same old generic ones used in AA and AAA
  • Have a 10 man “Rookie” team that acts like the current single-A

Better Franchise Interface

• Quickly and easily navigate from the schedule screen to “lineups” or “rotations” to adjust after injuries, and then be able to quickly snap back to the schedule screen
  • Better “make trade” page that incorporates team records, current season stats for a player, a team’s roster management philosophy, and a quick view of a team’s lineup/rotation

Sim Consistency

• Good teams should be good and bad teams should be bad. Every franchise I’ve done this year has the Reds fighting for first place and the Brewers way down in last place. This is backwards
  • Random occurring phenomenon: I had Ronald Torreyes on one of my teams and he hit like 12 HRs one year despite having “power” in the 30s. Pedro Strop is also notorious in this game for having a sky high ERA due largely in part to a high BB/9, despite him being a high overall and a decent BB/9 attribute
  • I see way too many high overall players being performing way too poorly, and sometimes doing it consistently

Sliders

• Give us the ability to edit franchise sliders like 2K does. This was a great addition by 2K a year or two ago and I think it would really help to have something similar in The Show

Changing Team Control

• Let us be able to take over control of another, or all of the other teams in the league after our franchise has started. Sometimes I want to make sure a certain team does something specific, so I’d like to take control of them to get it done myself, and then relinquish the control afterwards
Comment by ViatorLion10
5/19/2019 6:13PM PDT

Love it! 

10/10/2019 7:05PM PDT

Not a madden 20 player, but watch franchise vids, MLB should implement those breakout challenges that are like potential upgrades, would be awesome, also meetings with coaches for morale boost, pls take some notes from the madden franchise, but don’t get me wrong, that franchise on madden has flaws too, though

10/10/2019 7:24PM PDT