You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

just curious what each of the symbols by player names mean while loading for beginning of new game

4/12/2019 6:36PM PDT

It used to be that you could press the touch bar and go to help they would be there, but it doesn't seem like that anymore. Also I'm sure it used to be where you go to help within a game's pause menu and choose options --> controls and strategy --> strategy guide but it doesn't appear to be there either. 

Hopefully somebody has found it. Let's hope it's not another thing that's been removed from Franchise. 

EDIT: I forgot this was the RTTS forum but it was the same as far as I recall. 

4/12/2019 6:45PM PDT

Here we go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBTheShow/comments/33uv45/in_rtts_what_do_all_the_symbols_next_to_the/

i would still like to know where this info is in the game now.

4/12/2019 8:05PM PDT

It used to be that you could press the touch bar and go to help they would be there, but it doesn't seem like that anymore. Also I'm sure it used to be where you go to help within a game's pause menu and choose options --> controls and strategy --> strategy guide but it doesn't appear to be there either. 

Hopefully somebody has found it. Let's hope it's not another thing that's been removed from Franchise. 

EDIT: I forgot this was the RTTS forum but it was the same as far as I recall. 

Comment by Red_Ted_is_back
4/12/2019 6:45PM PDT

You can still see a legend for all of the symbols in a bunch of screens.  I think both pregame lineup screens have it, as well as most franchise/rtts screens like manage roster etc.  Just bring up the Quick Menu and select HELP.

This was never in controls or strategy guide as far as I know.

4/12/2019 10:22PM PDT

Thanks Adam, It would be a nice addition to the strategy/help guide (perhaps not possible as the guide is text only), also if the strategy/help guide were available from the main menu.  

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the icons and their meanings that I just put together in ShareFactory and uploaded to twitter.

https://twitter.com/Red_Ted_is_back/status/1116956733866254337

4/12/2019 11:57PM PDT

Is the guide available anywhere off the PS4? I’d actually like to read through it to see if I’m missing something, but don’t want to do it while on PS4. 

4/13/2019 12:44AM PDT

Is the guide available anywhere off the PS4? I’d actually like to read through it to see if I’m missing something, but don’t want to do it while on PS4. 

Comment by bhall09
4/13/2019 12:44AM PDT

Try this link.

4/13/2019 8:48PM PDT

Try this link.

Comment by ecidade
4/13/2019 8:48PM PDT

That's a nice general guide to the game itself - it's the 'gamer guide' that is shown in 'more from MLB The Show' from the PS4 menu. The strategy guide within the game (which covers hitting, pitching, fielding, running, attributes, abbreviations, swing types, and the pitcher/batter analysis) doesn't appear to be on a website. Somebody may have transcribed it though. If not, perhaps somebody could. However not sure how the copyright would go there. Maybe a moderator could clarify whether it can be transcribed and put online with source fully acknowledged. 

4/13/2019 10:35PM PDT