You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
18 786 Active 3 months ago

Just curious if anyone actually likes the turn based missions for conquest. They said in the 4th inning that "people had been asking for this" and I just wonder if I'm crazy or if people do actually like it that way. Personally I hate it. Like I can do it but it's certainly not my jam. Real excited to finally have a new map though!

7/19/2019 9:02AM PDT

I hate them I just want to do the conquest to get the stars and get out. Anything that prolongs that process blows. I understand offline players wanting it I guess, but they should just bring back conquest extreme if that’s the case.

7/19/2019 9:04AM PDT

Nothing fun about playing tough teams on Hall of fame

7/19/2019 9:05AM PDT

I like it.  Simming games all the time or playing on rookie/veteran gets old after a while.  I like the challenge of turn based.

7/19/2019 9:07AM PDT

I liked it last year when the challenges led to really good rewards in the Conquest Exteme and Destiny programs. This year feels like they are arbitrarily thrown in there and the rewards are pretty minimal. 

7/19/2019 9:09AM PDT

All I know is in the stream there must have been hundreds of people saying they hate turn based and I didn't see one post that applauded it. I really don't think that people are asking for turn based unless they are the Sony "Partners" or something

7/19/2019 9:15AM PDT

I hate them I just want to do the conquest to get the stars and get out. Anything that prolongs that process blows. I understand offline players wanting it I guess, but they should just bring back conquest extreme if that’s the case.

Comment by Namtrah22
7/19/2019 9:04AM PDT

Personally I love conquest and it is my go to mode if I just wanna play. I just don't want to have my way of playing it changed. And I understand that's why they are doing it for a challenge which is why I do it. I just don't want it to get to a point where it feels impossible. Like conquest extreme was last year. I didn't even attempt that cause it was just too much. 

7/19/2019 9:21AM PDT

Comment by Speedy44

I am not a fan of the turn based missions (I never even attempted Conquest Extreme last year) at all, but even though I am not that good I never had to play above All Star during the 4th inning missions. Here is hoping that the same holds true for the new map. 

7/19/2019 9:37AM PDT

As anotehr poster said, I liked Conquest Extreme in that you earned something extra that was useful that showed your skill by being able to beat teams on harder levels. This is just throwing it in there to make those 30 stars more "challenging" (read: longer).

7/19/2019 9:47AM PDT

Just shows they don’t fully understand what the community wants. I’ve heard people ask for a conquest extreme... because of the rewards... not just throwing in turn based missions for the hell of it.

The community isn’t asking for turn based missions... we’re asking for a conquest that results in better rewards. Conquest Extreme did that, which is why the turn based missions were even brought up.

7/19/2019 10:00AM PDT

They are basically making it so that you can only get the program bosses if you play online cause I didn't play any ranked seasons in the previous 3 programs but did play for program 4 and I was able to get the SS cal.  I enjoy the game but I'm not really good at the game sometimes I get lucky and hit a dinger but I'm far better at pitching than hitting. I hate the turn based objectives they are my least favorite thing and I do enjoy conquest but I think the turn based is geared more towards people who are better than the average gamer at this game but you dont get anything for completeing them.  If you are playing the yankees on HOF you should be getting atleast a good yankee card.  I really enjoyed the Griff storyline incorporated into the missions I think each one should have given you a few extra stars.   Not to get off topic but has anyone else noticed that topps now rarely give you program stars now you have to do 2 or 3 topps now moments to get 1 star.

7/19/2019 10:46AM PDT

They are basically making it so that you can only get the program bosses if you play online cause I didn't play any ranked seasons in the previous 3 programs but did play for program 4 and I was able to get the SS cal.  I enjoy the game but I'm not really good at the game sometimes I get lucky and hit a dinger but I'm far better at pitching than hitting. I hate the turn based objectives they are my least favorite thing and I do enjoy conquest but I think the turn based is geared more towards people who are better than the average gamer at this game but you dont get anything for completeing them.  If you are playing the yankees on HOF you should be getting atleast a good yankee card.  I really enjoyed the Griff storyline incorporated into the missions I think each one should have given you a few extra stars.   Not to get off topic but has anyone else noticed that topps now rarely give you program stars now you have to do 2 or 3 topps now moments to get 1 star.

Comment by Boneman05

Ya it depends how long the moments are. Some say it is based off xp so those short moments aren't going to give you a star. I was always under the impression it was based off innings which would again mean short moments aren't going to give you stars. But I rarely play online and have still managed 650+ stars in every program. Those 30 stars from playing online are certainly not the difference maker. 

7/19/2019 11:02AM PDT

Just curious if anyone actually likes the turn based missions for conquest. They said in the 4th inning that "people had been asking for this" and I just wonder if I'm crazy or if people do actually like it that way. Personally I hate it. Like I can do it but it's certainly not my jam. Real excited to finally have a new map though!

Comment by trfatboy22
7/19/2019 9:02AM PDT

it depends on the mission- last year the beat nl central and al west in x turns was fun,  LA and NYY in 2 turns was definetely not (except for when you did finally beat it)

and the destiny missions were fun. for the 4th inning-the cubs and dback could be played on AS- if you didnt lose the astros could be played on vet. 

i like the challenge of them,as long as its not multiple Hof/Led against teams like the NYY or LA.

7/19/2019 11:21AM PDT

Comment by Boneman05

This is a 100% false claim.  You can easilty Get the boss cards without playing online.  Hell you only get like 30 starts for playing online...outside of the daily missions.  Between the 3 sets of moments, daily exchanges, and the other offline daily, you can hit 300 stars without online and the conquest.

7/19/2019 11:27AM PDT

It's fine with me. A little challenge is cool.

7/19/2019 11:50AM PDT

Comment by Speedy44

Being an off line player, I like the challenge. You take in XP due to the walks drawn and high pc

7/19/2019 11:52AM PDT

This is a 100% false claim.  You can easilty Get the boss cards without playing online.  Hell you only get like 30 starts for playing online...outside of the daily missions.  Between the 3 sets of moments, daily exchanges, and the other offline daily, you can hit 300 stars without online and the conquest.

Comment by GixxerRyder750
7/19/2019 11:27AM PDT

Yes you get 30 stars for winning 10 online games but some of the missions are extremely hard to reach.  Maybe it is the fact that I dont have as much time to play as everyone else.  I have all the conquest maps finished I do feel like some of the exchanges should be worth more then the 2-3 stars it gives you 

7/19/2019 1:01PM PDT

I don't like Conquest in general let alone turn based.

7/22/2019 11:13AM PDT