You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
22 922 Active 3 months ago

I really thought we would get an All-Star map but we didn't and haven't gotten one aside from programs since Mother's day. I'm really hoping they go back to making new maps. I don't even need player rewards! I just wanna play new conquest maps. 

7/9/2019 6:18PM PDT

Why in the world would you want to play more conquest? It is the most tedious and ridiculous mode in the entire game. If there are not awesome rewards what in the hell do you find enjoyable about it?

7/9/2019 6:35PM PDT

Why in the world would you want to play more conquest? It is the most tedious and ridiculous mode in the entire game. If there are not awesome rewards what in the hell do you find enjoyable about it?

Comment by DarthKDog09

It's my absolute favorite mode. I HATE playing cheesers online so conquest is the only way I get to play with my DD team. And I can experiment with a bunch of different players and not worry about having the best team possible. Conquest is by far my favorite mode in the game. 

7/9/2019 6:40PM PDT

Comment by DarthKDog09

I hate conquest so much. 

Comment by DarthKDog09

You argued this last time, other people want other modes, not everyone plays the one mode you do. STOP IT. 

Trfratboy22 I want a map too, here is to hoping for a new conquest map.

7/9/2019 6:48PM PDT

Q: Why would you want to play conquest?

A:

1) There are rewards associated with each map, even if they aren't top level.  Many of those guys like gold Jackie Robinson are useful in events.

2) There are typically hidden stub and pack hexagons.   I pulled either Stanton or Judge from one of the free packs a month or two ago.

3) The games are short, so it's a good way to kill some time trying out new players if you don't feel like going online.  I use it to play with my B or C team level guys like Reds Griffey Jr.  It's also great for team builds or getting team affinity innings.

4) You can play a short game on HOF or Legend as a warm up before heading into ranked to work on timing.

5) You get the card roulette after 3 innings as opposed to 9.  I know what you're thinking.  Who cares?  The card you get is always trash.  I've gotten LS Arenado and diamond equipment from conquest post game rewards. 

A:

1) There are rewards associated with each map, even if they aren't top level.  Many of those guys like gold Jackie Robinson are useful in events.

2) There are typically hidden stub and pack hexagons.   I pulled either Stanton or Judge from one of the free packs a month or two ago.

3) The games are short, so it's a good way to kill some time trying out new players if you don't feel like going online.  I use it to play with my B or C team level guys like Reds Griffey Jr.  It's also great for team builds or getting team affinity innings.

4) You can play a short game on HOF or Legend as a warm up before heading into ranked to work on timing.

5) You get the card roulette after 3 innings as opposed to 9.  I know what you're thinking.  Who cares?  The card you get is always trash.  I've gotten LS Arenado and diamond equipment from conquest post game rewards. 

Comment by PennStateFencer

It's also a great way to get program stars. I always play conquest to get my mission innings. 

7/9/2019 6:50PM PDT

It's also a great way to get program stars. I always play conquest to get my mission innings. 

Comment by trfatboy22
7/9/2019 6:50PM PDT

I've gotten the 30 program stars in each inning for conquest, so I agree with that.  I've used it for some of the daily missions, but I prefer events if the team mission is possible.  You can knock out more missions at once that way, and if you lose it's not like your rating is going to go down like in ranked.  Makes it a little less stressful to try out lower level guys, much like in conquest.

7/9/2019 6:53PM PDT

A:

Comment by PennStateFencer

Yes #5.  I stopped playing 9 inning games bc it makes more sense to get a player reward every 3 innings as opposed to every 9.  I enjoy playing online but how many online games can you actually play in a given day?  I can only focus for about 3 so beyond that its nice to have some conquest to play. Not to mention some of us have lives taking place and you cant commit 45 minutes to playing online all the time

7/9/2019 6:58PM PDT

Yes #5.  I stopped playing 9 inning games bc it makes more sense to get a player reward every 3 innings as opposed to every 9.  I enjoy playing online but how many online games can you actually play in a given day?  I can only focus for about 3 so beyond that its nice to have some conquest to play. Not to mention some of us have lives taking place and you cant commit 45 minutes to playing online all the time

Comment by Speedy44
7/9/2019 6:58PM PDT

100% agree with both your points. I’ve gotten Turner(when he was diamond), Yelich, Hader, and Acuna as rewards. And playing conquest is far less stressful when you know you don’t have to worry about a pause timer running out.

And for people who complain about him asking for more maps. Why complain? If you don’t like the mode just don’t play it. Go and play RS and then come on here and post about how terrible the game is and how much you hate playing it everyday

7/9/2019 7:07PM PDT

It's my absolute favorite mode. I HATE playing cheesers online so conquest is the only way I get to play with my DD team. And I can experiment with a bunch of different players and not worry about having the best team possible. Conquest is by far my favorite mode in the game. 

Comment by trfatboy22

sounds absolutely awful. You just don't like competition versus other humans. You prefer a very basic bread and butter type of game like we had with Sega Genesis in the 90s.

7/9/2019 7:09PM PDT

I hate conquest so much. 

Comment by allmustfall16

Anyone with a competitive bone in their body hates playing the computer

Comment by DarthKDog09

Stop being a troll. Just because someone has different interests than you doesn’t mean you should belittle what they like.

7/9/2019 7:10PM PDT

sounds absolutely awful. You just don't like competition versus other humans. You prefer a very basic bread and butter type of game like we had with Sega Genesis in the 90s.

Comment by DarthKDog09

not everyone wants to deal with r2 holders, line outs and dda thats online play this year. get over yourself

7/9/2019 7:16PM PDT

Conquest and moments are both my go to options for when I’ve already played 2-3 ranked games in a day but still feel like playing.  I tend to get too antsy in the box and don’t take enough pitches if I play too much ranked.  People love to hate on moments too, but with the exception of the initial storyline ones I haven't found them to be that hard and have enjoyed them. Even if the rewards aren’t top of the line like the two Griffey cards, Chris Davis, Cliff Lee, they’re still free diamonds and I’ve enjoyed using them.

7/9/2019 7:27PM PDT

Comment by DarthKDog09

If playing online was real baseball I wouldn't mind it but too many people just want to use exploits and I can't stand it. I'm an average player, I just don't find it enjoyable usually. So I would much rather play Franchise, MTO and the like than deal with these type of people online. 

7/9/2019 7:30PM PDT

Yes plz new maps so I have more things to distract me from playing RS against teams with all 99s on HOF. Nothing distracts me better than one standard pack and 300xp 

7/9/2019 7:57PM PDT

This is my first year playing DD and I love it. Conquest is by far my favorite mode, I have been wondering if new maps would come out other than the program map (which does not take very long to complete). It seems like it would be fairly simple to release a new map every 2 weeks or even more frequently I don't understand why they don't. 

In previous years have they released more maps? or is this normal for them? I have played through the Ty Cobb map fully twice now and on my third time it would be great for them to release a few bigs ones soon. 

7/17/2019 8:48AM PDT

Love Conquest, usually pull some good rewards and it is the only time that I really take a little break from RS.  Allows for you to get some good practice with your DD team that you just don't get in RS.  

7/17/2019 8:51AM PDT

This is my first year playing DD and I love it. Conquest is by far my favorite mode, I have been wondering if new maps would come out other than the program map (which does not take very long to complete). It seems like it would be fairly simple to release a new map every 2 weeks or even more frequently I don't understand why they don't. 

In previous years have they released more maps? or is this normal for them? I have played through the Ty Cobb map fully twice now and on my third time it would be great for them to release a few bigs ones soon. 

Comment by mitch13dill
7/17/2019 8:48AM PDT

This is the first year where there have been maps other than the main USA/Toronto map.

Last year there were two sets of challenges called Conquest Extreme and Conquest Infinity with higher-difficulty tasks to do e.g."Conquer team X on or before turn #Y" and excellent rewards. The latest map in 19 has similar tasks but the rewards aren't there.

7/17/2019 8:56AM PDT

This is the first year where there have been maps other than the main USA/Toronto map.

Last year there were two sets of challenges called Conquest Extreme and Conquest Infinity with higher-difficulty tasks to do e.g."Conquer team X on or before turn #Y" and excellent rewards. The latest map in 19 has similar tasks but the rewards aren't there.

Comment by omegaminus_sk

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it. I hope they continue to expand on this mode 

7/18/2019 8:16AM PDT

Comment by omegaminus_sk

I hated Conquest extreme though. I don't want to be forced into playing games on HOF. I can probably win them but it's just too frustrating for me. And having to complete the map multiple times just to do the missions is frustrating to me. But maybe I hated it so much last year because it was imposible for me to get a strong team. This year with all the cards available my team, like basically everyones, is stacked. So playing on higher difficulties isn't as scary, but still not my jam. 

7/18/2019 9:01AM PDT