You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

When playing Conquest, and having to either Steal Fans or Conquer a stronghold, do you try to play on the lowest difficulty possible or do you play on a higher difficulty, in hopes for a better After Game Pull?

6/10/2019 12:10PM PDT

When playing Conquest, and having to either Steal Fans or Conquer a stronghold, do you try to play on the lowest difficulty possible or do you play on a higher difficulty, in hopes for a better After Game Pull?

Comment by ThePriceIsRightV
6/10/2019 12:10PM PDT

Trying to win and beat strongholds lowest possible. Steal fans or for innings then probably higher.

6/10/2019 12:11PM PDT

I played a game on veteran for a stronghold and the reward ended up being Chris Sale. I don’t think the difficulty has anything to do with it. 

6/10/2019 12:14PM PDT

I honestly only steal fans like 3 times on all star, then just let my army and numbers take care of the rest.

6/10/2019 12:15PM PDT

I play on hof for better after game rewards and so I can actually pay attention while playing.

6/10/2019 12:21PM PDT

I've read several posts saying that rewards are no better on higher levels. It would be great if HOF or All-Star gave golds or an occassional diamond tho........

6/10/2019 12:30PM PDT

the first time I played through it I played on the lowest levels possible to get done faster.

I just finished it a 3rd time playing all games on legend this time and HoF the last time. And I’ve had post game pulls of J. Turner, Giambi, Martinez , Hader , Yelich and some golds

6/10/2019 12:30PM PDT

Try all star, I've pulled 3 diamonds through 2 playthroughs.

6/10/2019 12:35PM PDT

There's actually a better chance of pulling a diamond on rookie than on Legend I believe....

6/10/2019 12:45PM PDT

Not sure if you're asking about general conquest, but below is my strategy.

You can get through the conquest without ever having to steal fans.  There's a ton of videos out there, but the key thing to do IMO is to start heading straight north and then towards Seattle.  When you run out of moves, reinforce your lead hexagon.  Take out as many "1s" as you can along your route and constantly reinforce so that you develop one hexagon that will allow you to play Seattle on All-Star at worst.  The reason I choose Seattle is because you can only be attacked from the south vs every direction so it's the easiest to keep as your "Home" base (You can technically be attacked from the East but by the time a team gets to you,  you'll already have a solidly reinforced stronghold.  Also, don't worry about losing your original stronghold.  Then you just start conquering the "1's" but in a way that your "supply lines" can't be cut off.  I normally take out the Rockies first and then the rest of the west coast.  After Seattle you shouldn't have to play another game above rookie.

6/10/2019 12:49PM PDT

I try and play on HOF or Legend as much as possible, because the slower pitch speeds in the other difficulties screw me up and I'm always swinging way too early and it takes a few innings for me to adjust

6/10/2019 12:50PM PDT

Only reason I was asking is that if I decide to invest any time, other than what is required to get the 30 Stars each Program, into H2H play, I dont want to get comfortable playing on Rookie. 

However, I do know that All-Star vs CPU compared to All-Star vs a human can be as different as night and day. 

6/10/2019 12:59PM PDT

Seems to be worth it for me. I used to play conquest on rookie and get it over with. 0 diamonds in 2.5 years.

This year conquest is about all I play, and play  them all on legend and have received Betts, Harper, Bryant, Goldschmidt and Miller (pre downgrade) from conquest post game rewards. 

6/10/2019 1:16PM PDT