You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I was really beginning to enjoy Conquest mode and have been working my way through all of the maps.  But suddenly, since the last update the hitting has gone completely off.  Most hits turn in to line drives, which are caught.  Almost every game I play turns into a 7, 8 or 9 innings grind, which wasn't happening before the last update.  And this even on rookie against rubbish teams like the Giants.

What have they done to the hitting?  It's suddenly become a real bore and frustration to play Conquest, which has always been one of my favourite modes.

5/24/2019 9:21AM PDT

I thought the exact same thing!  At least 5 conquest games and I have not hit a HR either!! I used to hit at least one a game. I don't want these to be challenging considering how stupid hard most moments are.

5/24/2019 9:26AM PDT

I've been playing the conquest maps in order to grind TA innings using crap players (silvers, bronzes and commons) mostly because my pack luck on earned packs has not yielded any diamonds yet (with the exception of pulling Gold Springer a few days before he went Diamond) and I haven't had much trouble.  It's not the HR fest it used to be, but I'm also using rubbish cards (from OPs favorite team).

5/24/2019 9:31AM PDT

Isn’t it fun working the count vs cpu?

5/24/2019 9:32AM PDT

Nothing has changed.  

5/24/2019 9:37AM PDT

Nothing has changed.  

Comment by tylerslikewhoa
5/24/2019 9:37AM PDT

this.

5/24/2019 9:43AM PDT

Are you doing normal conquest, or the innings specific conquest? As I am almost certain the sliders are differnt in the innings conquest maps, the game plays completely differently 

5/24/2019 9:45AM PDT

I played a few conquest games and had multiple no doubt HR animations FWIW

5/24/2019 10:44AM PDT

Conquest absolutely has changed. And I’m one of the more supportive members towards this game. There was a change. I used to score a ton in conquest. Since the last patch, scoring big only happens about once every 5 games and the CPU hits way better. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice being told what the change was. This is not a conspiracy. That map is much harder now. The computer is more aggressive too out of game in the map. 

5/24/2019 10:48AM PDT

The CPU barely throws strikes now. Even on veteran and rookie. I shouldn’t have to work counts with those difficulties. Anyone that is saying it hasn’t changed doesn’t play it very much. I’ve cleared the board a lot. It’s different. 

5/24/2019 10:50AM PDT

Like others have said nothing has changed. Most games I have to just run into outs because I am tired of scoring runs and trying to get through the mode quicker. There are those games like 1 out of every 10 where nothing falls and I end up having to get a lucky HR in the 3rd or 4th to win.

5/24/2019 10:56AM PDT

They seem to be penalizing harshly for 1st pitch hitting.  The AI is also hitting some bs homers now. 

5/24/2019 11:27AM PDT

The CPU barely throws strikes now. Even on veteran and rookie. I shouldn’t have to work counts with those difficulties. Anyone that is saying it hasn’t changed doesn’t play it very much. I’ve cleared the board a lot. It’s different. 

Comment by allmustfall16
5/24/2019 10:50AM PDT

Agreed, until that patch, I was scoring 10 plus runs a game and hitting tons of homers. It’s still possible to do that, but you need to put a lot more effort into it, which is whatever. Regular VS CPU games play a lot better I’ve noticed, hitting seems to be more rewarding in that mode. Between conquest, the moments and VS CPU I wish there was some consistency in the way the game plays.

5/24/2019 11:37AM PDT

It has changed. It is harder now - both pitching and hitting.

5/24/2019 12:47PM PDT

Has anyone compared Innings Conquest compared to Regular? I took about a week off and now 3rd Inning Conquest feels like Week 1 of the game again. Tons of line drive outs. Every game multiple innings on Veteran. I also feel like pitch speed/swing timing is different. Played a MTO with the Brewers and then played a Conquest game and it felt like I was playing a completely different hitting game. 

5/24/2019 1:06PM PDT

Yeah, it's the 3rd inning map that I am playing now that I have noticed the changes on.  I've not played regular conquest for a while as I've been completing all the extra maps and it was fun.  But now on 3rd innings map it's a joke and just not fun any more.  Do Show devs ever visit these boards and pass comment on people's gripes?

5/24/2019 2:25PM PDT

I’ve definitely noticed a change since last major update. From launch to that big patch I found the game to be flawless with very minor issues. Hitting felt the most realistic as it has in a long time (been buying the games since 14). The fielding I had no issues to start and found that your 1B and 3B auto diving at balls was nice considering in previous years it was just too impossible to do so it was a nicely added touch. I did however have a few issues where I’m running to the landing spot and my player would just run through the lit up ball and not even try for it and it’d go by him but if it happened I noticed it was close to walls. Overall just a pretty good game, then the update. It feels like pitch speeds are at the maximum slider they can be on. I’m late now on everything and if I try to swing earlier it’s too early. It feels like they’re trying too hard to make the game feel like we’re actual MLB hitters. I want the game to feel realistic, but not to that extent. I want it to feel realistic but still have fun. If I wanted to feel like an MLB hitter in a video game I would’ve put more effort in minor baseball growing up to try and make it there or at least in the professional minor leagues. Now playing I get the odd lucky HR but for the most part when I do make solid contact I find the balls are just weak line drives to OF or weak fly balls to shall OF. It’s almost like using a team full of pitchers at the plate yet I have a very solid DD team at the moment

84 LS Ronald Acuna

95 LS Mike Trout

92 LS Mookie Betts

87 LS Manny Machado

84 LS Trea Turner

99 SS Joe Morgan

87 RS Lou Gehrig

87 HS Buster Posey

To me that’s a pretty solid lineup and not one that is consistently hitting weak line drive or fly balls. Before the update they were quite capable of hitting line drives to the gap

5/24/2019 2:42PM PDT

Conquest on rookie is too hard? Wow. Just when you think this forum couldn’t get any worse. 

5/24/2019 3:01PM PDT

Conquest on rookie is too hard? Wow. Just when you think this forum couldn’t get any worse. 

Comment by joeyfairplayer

who said rookie?

5/24/2019 3:05PM PDT

who said rookie?

Comment by jmcdonald1817
5/24/2019 3:05PM PDT

The op

5/24/2019 3:06PM PDT

That’s literally not what anyone said on here. No one said it’s too hard. It just sucks to have to Have 5 min at bats against the cpu on rookie and veteran.  Also guys like goose and Hoffman who never gave up anything are all of sudden giving up HRs. 

5/24/2019 3:37PM PDT

It's not about what's hard or not, it's about consistency. It's no different than how the Moments were nerfed forever. No matter what difficulty I choose I expect the game to play at that level. There is no reason for the game to feel this different, and that is the primary reason I wont be buying it next year. 

5/24/2019 3:44PM PDT

That’s literally not what anyone said on here. No one said it’s too hard. It just sucks to have to Have 5 min at bats against the cpu on rookie and veteran.  Also guys like goose and Hoffman who never gave up anything are all of sudden giving up HRs. 

Comment by allmustfall16
5/24/2019 3:37PM PDT

Sounds like you want to swing at the first pitch everytime and send it 500 feet and strike the computer out 95% of the time. Conquest is still a walk in the park. 

5/24/2019 3:45PM PDT

Sounds like you want to swing at the first pitch everytime and send it 500 feet and strike the computer out 95% of the time. Conquest is still a walk in the park. 

5/24/2019 3:45PM PDT

when I’m grinding. Yes I do. When it’s happened all year in conquest that way, why was it changed?  That’s what we are asking. 

5/24/2019 3:49PM PDT

Also, their seems to be WAY more still errors on both sides in Conquest than there had been before the patch.  Seems like Online play is leaking into offline play.....

5/24/2019 4:23PM PDT