You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

So I've done all the other Conquest maps pretty easily, stealing fans each turn and keeping the Stronghold games to Rookie or Vet at worst.

I'm worried about the difficulty of the main map, I can't keep up on stealing fans with everyone obviously, so I'm wondering...is there a point where the Strongholds get too big for the average/below average player to finish?  I know stacks max at 99, and I'm not sure at what point 99 vrs. turns to AS.  Is the main map going to turn into a giant seige of the last few Strongholds, needing endless steal fans on Vet in order to the vrs Stronghold games down to a managable level?

It seemed like last year you could bait Strongholds to shrink a little by taking a territory next to them and having just 1 or 2 in them, then the Stronghold would take that territory and distribute some of it's pop out to the new territory...but this year the Strongholds never shrink doing that.

5/3/2019 11:10AM PDT

They'll maybe get into the low 20's. You should be fine especially if you dont care about how many turns it takes you to complete. 

5/3/2019 11:11AM PDT

I believe you would only need to steal once from each of the strongholds given you have 99 reinforcements knocking on the door.

I think it’s a ratio of 4-1 so if they have 25, and you have 99, steal just one fan on rookie and they have 24. 96 is all you would technically need to play on a low diffculty. 

Good luck! 

5/3/2019 11:16AM PDT

So I've done all the other Conquest maps pretty easily, stealing fans each turn and keeping the Stronghold games to Rookie or Vet at worst.

I'm worried about the difficulty of the main map, I can't keep up on stealing fans with everyone obviously, so I'm wondering...is there a point where the Strongholds get too big for the average/below average player to finish?  I know stacks max at 99, and I'm not sure at what point 99 vrs. turns to AS.  Is the main map going to turn into a giant seige of the last few Strongholds, needing endless steal fans on Vet in order to the vrs Stronghold games down to a managable level?

It seemed like last year you could bait Strongholds to shrink a little by taking a territory next to them and having just 1 or 2 in them, then the Stronghold would take that territory and distribute some of it's pop out to the new territory...but this year the Strongholds never shrink doing that.

Comment by Precisionist99
5/3/2019 11:10AM PDT

I completed the whole board without playing an all-star game, i didnt even have to steal fans.  just surround the strongholds at first and once you surround a bunch you get more than 99 fans per reinforcment stage, and just tackle the bigger ones so you dont have to worry about them becoming to hard.  the cobb card is a really good card to use off the bench.

5/3/2019 11:21AM PDT

They'll maybe get into the low 20's. You should be fine especially if you dont care about how many turns it takes you to complete. 

Comment by Fourth-Line4life
5/3/2019 11:11AM PDT

I've only taken 4 Strongholds so far and the ones I haven't done steal fans on yet are all at 12.  I feel like I'm going to slow and by the time I get to the Strongholds on the edges they're all going to be massive.

5/3/2019 11:34AM PDT

I've only taken 4 Strongholds so far and the ones I haven't done steal fans on yet are all at 12.  I feel like I'm going to slow and by the time I get to the Strongholds on the edges they're all going to be massive.

Comment by Precisionist99
5/3/2019 11:34AM PDT

This shouldn't be the case. As other guys have said, just sim to the attack phase and conquer every tile other than the strong holds on the map. Once you've done this you can pick off the strong holds 1 by 1. If you enjoy stealing fans you can, it wont hurt and will help you complete the steal fans mssion that gets you stubs or a pack (can't remember exactly). But don't get too overwhellmed by the size of the strongholds at the beginning. If you don't mind taking 40-50 turns to beat it you should never HAVE to play a game above veteran. I always start west coast and move east and the bigegst stronghold I saw was the Yankees at maybe 25M fans. You can play that on veteran if you attack with 30-40M fans (again, not sure on the specifics). 

5/3/2019 11:41AM PDT