You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
16 634 Active about 2 months ago

So, I’ll start off by saying I suck at conquest. I don’t seem to understand how to properly handle it, I typically don’t have a problem beating the CPU but I always seem to set myself up where I have barely any fans vs a ton of theirs and it makes it the highest difficulty games. What tips can any of you provide to help me be able to be more effective and smarter on my approach on Conquest? I typically just avoid conquest but really want to get the Keith Hernandez Card.... I know there are way better cards but I’m a Mets fan and want him for my collection and if there are events that prevent the use of better cards I want to have it available to me. 

Any actual advice and tips would be appreciated.

4/15/2019 5:46PM PDT

It doesn't do a good job of explaining but, for every three territories you have you get 1 reinforcement. So if you have 6 territories you get 2 reinforcements and so on. Initially you should just gather as many empty spaces as you can before playing any games so you can get lots of forces. Reinforce one square and just use that one to get more spaces. You can skip ahead on turns and take a turn or two to reinforce a territory before taking on a stronghold. That keith hernandez one has so much open space that by the time you come even close to an occupied territory you should have a decent chunk of reinforcements.

Also, i'd suggest only playing the stronghold games and a couple steal fan games but don't play every individual game unless you likethe grind. There's a lot of good youtube vids on it. ONce you know the strategy then you should be able to breeze through it.

Hope that helped a bit

4/15/2019 5:59PM PDT

It doesn't do a good job of explaining but, for every three territories you have you get 1 reinforcement. So if you have 6 territories you get 2 reinforcements and so on. Initially you should just gather as many empty spaces as you can before playing any games so you can get lots of forces. Reinforce one square and just use that one to get more spaces. You can skip ahead on turns and take a turn or two to reinforce a territory before taking on a stronghold. That keith hernandez one has so much open space that by the time you come even close to an occupied territory you should have a decent chunk of reinforcements.

Also, i'd suggest only playing the stronghold games and a couple steal fan games but don't play every individual game unless you likethe grind. There's a lot of good youtube vids on it. ONce you know the strategy then you should be able to breeze through it.

Hope that helped a bit

Comment by bruinfrk89
4/15/2019 5:59PM PDT

That actually helped a lot, thank you very much...I really appreciate it. I’m going to give it a go this week or weekend, can’t wait to actually have a shot at getting the card! 

4/15/2019 6:07PM PDT

When there are no requirements to complete a mission by a certain turn (and there are none in this year's game so far), then just take all the empty spaces to the north and west of where you begin. If you see an opponent with 3 or more fans in a territory adjacent to yours, then put 1 less than what they have in each adjacent territory. Then, just keep advancing your turn without playing a game and place a crapload of fans in one particular territory.

By simply grabbing the free territories at the beginning of the game and repeatedly advancing your turn, you'll easily be able to outpace the CPU and then you can just sim the non-stronghold matchups. You can play on Rookie mode for every stronghold game easily, if that's what you want to do.

If I'm going for ease like this, then once I get a ton of fans in one territory I usually just cut straight through the territory of whatever team is the most threatening. Sometimes I go ahead and take their stronghold. Sometimes I just surround their stronghold and keep going.

The bottom line is you should never be stealing fans or playing non-stronghold games unless you just want to.

4/15/2019 6:38PM PDT

When there are no requirements to complete a mission by a certain turn (and there are none in this year's game so far), then just take all the empty spaces to the north and west of where you begin. If you see an opponent with 3 or more fans in a territory adjacent to yours, then put 1 less than what they have in each adjacent territory. Then, just keep advancing your turn without playing a game and place a crapload of fans in one particular territory.

By simply grabbing the free territories at the beginning of the game and repeatedly advancing your turn, you'll easily be able to outpace the CPU and then you can just sim the non-stronghold matchups. You can play on Rookie mode for every stronghold game easily, if that's what you want to do.

If I'm going for ease like this, then once I get a ton of fans in one territory I usually just cut straight through the territory of whatever team is the most threatening. Sometimes I go ahead and take their stronghold. Sometimes I just surround their stronghold and keep going.

The bottom line is you should never be stealing fans or playing non-stronghold games unless you just want to.

Comment by Josh_KCK
4/15/2019 6:38PM PDT

Great tips! Thank you very much. I’m actually a little excited to give those node a real shot now.

4/15/2019 6:42PM PDT

Great tips! Thank you very much. I’m actually a little excited to give those node a real shot now.

Comment by KanesInferno
4/15/2019 6:42PM PDT

Check out my YouTube channel. I have a very helpful tutorial for how to accomplish each map fast and efficiently. 

https://youtu.be/B5sHFmYSCKg

4/19/2019 7:35PM PDT

the other two did a good job but... just to reiterate. Don't be afraid to just skip a phase and bolster your forces so you can play the game on Veteran-All Star instead of HOF or Legend. Between their help and just playing some you'll have a real good understanding of the mode and it'll be a cakewalk once you grasp it better. 

4/19/2019 7:44PM PDT

the other two did a good job but... just to reiterate. Don't be afraid to just skip a phase and bolster your forces so you can play the game on Veteran-All Star instead of HOF or Legend. Between their help and just playing some you'll have a real good understanding of the mode and it'll be a cakewalk once you grasp it better. 

Comment by Sarges24
4/19/2019 7:44PM PDT

Yep! Their tips really helped and I already did quite a bit of it. Thank you, as well.

4/19/2019 7:49PM PDT

Check out my YouTube channel. I have a very helpful tutorial for how to accomplish each map fast and efficiently. 

https://youtu.be/B5sHFmYSCKg

Comment by ransomd
4/19/2019 7:35PM PDT

Will do! Thank you. 

Will do! Thank you. 

Comment by KanesInferno

No problem!

4/19/2019 8:08PM PDT

Could use a little advice here

i don’t usually play conquest but I want this Ty Cobb card so bad loll

I’m rolling through strong holds beating the Computer on HOF and Legend and grabbing Cobb won’t be that hard but since I’m doing it I figured why not shoot for Manifest Destiny to right? 

Basically im just loading up two territories with fans one on the west coast and one on the east coast making B lines for the strongholds and not really grabbing a lot of territories. Instead of skipping the steal fans phase I’ve been doing the steal fans to weaken the next strong hold I’m gonna play. My ultimate question is doing it the way I am, am I going to run out of fans to complete manifest destiny??

i was reading above comments before an someone said something about you get more fans when you reinforce a territory which I did not know; I usually skip the reinforce step. How does that work should I load up my fans on one territory an then then move them to another to get more fans??

would love some feed back guys thanks !

4/26/2019 5:09AM PDT

Remember when you attack 4 vs 2, it’s really 3 vs 2 sim because you leave 1 on the tile you’re leaving. So if you want that 4-2 sim advantage you have to have 5 on your tile

4/26/2019 5:17AM PDT

Just by playing you’ll find strategies to surround strongholds and reinforce in was that you can attack from angles without leaving you vulnerable. 

4/26/2019 5:19AM PDT

You want to build a “wall around your stuff. Put 3-4 troops on the outside and expand your border outward.Uou want to go west and then wrap around south and eventually conquer the east.You want to circle the strongholds you surround and put 3-4 around there so they can’t escape.

4/26/2019 8:28AM PDT

I'm on the 2nd inning conquest and I have to steal 5 Mil fans. Is there a better way than others to go about this? I tried to knock it out on legend lastnight and it wasn't happening lol

4/26/2019 8:56AM PDT

Listen to what Ransom tells you. He’s on here. I did and now I’ve cleared the main one 3 times and beat all the other conquests so far. 

4/26/2019 8:59AM PDT