You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Why wont my outfielders stop and catch the ball? Am I supposed to let him lock into the circle? 

4/10/2019 7:40AM PDT

I've noticed this happening a lot when the fly ball is near a wall. The fielder will essentially try to run and touch the wall first, and ignore the fly ball.

4/10/2019 7:42AM PDT

I've noticed this happening a lot when the fly ball is near a wall. The fielder will essentially try to run and touch the wall first, and ignore the fly ball.

Comment by TubaTim90
4/10/2019 7:42AM PDT

That's Exactly what it is. I mean he literally ran in circles but it kept forcing me towards the wall. 

4/10/2019 7:44AM PDT

That's the new "lost it in the lights" feature 

4/10/2019 8:08AM PDT

That's Exactly what it is. I mean he literally ran in circles but it kept forcing me towards the wall. 

Comment by BigCedDibiase
4/10/2019 7:44AM PDT

I wish I had the solution, man. My only guess is maybe try to slow down so you'll catch it on the run? There's no way it's fielder's-rating based; it's happened to Andruw Jones multiple times.

4/10/2019 8:13AM PDT

I would assume your outfielders actual fielding rating has to do with that. If it's low like Nelson Cruz, then it will mod the system to make you purposely miss it even though you are right there in the circle with plenty of time. So an outfileder with a higher fielding rating will prevent that. I'm seein the same with 2B & SS not handling bad hops as well when they have lower fielding ratings. But even if I use guys with high ratings, my prob is that I myself react to quickly & tend to run right past the path of that grounder if in the infield or run past the line of that fly ball if in the outfield. but thats my own fault for being so quick & aggressive on the play itself & not being able to stop in time. But all other stuff that should be handled no matter what I feel its the game modding errors on purpose due to the low fielding rating of that player.

5/6/2019 4:33PM PDT