You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I’m sick of playing teams with a full SS line up. As a huge fan of the show, I don’t really have that much time to play, as I’m in college. I don’t mind people having these teams, but literally every time I play online I go against “god squads”, as they were called in years past. I used to be able to keep up with these teams with my lesser squad, but this year is different. The game makes me lose no matter how good I play, and before people say don’t play or anything like that, I get better teams should win, but it’s like skill doesn’t ever matter 

what a shame

BTW: my highest starter is 91 Matt Harvey, who is absolute trash. He throws right down the middle for some reason. My next best is potm Patrick Corbin. After that it’s all golds who I believe play better then there rating. Gg y’all, add and play me!

9/22/2019 7:41PM PDT

I'd be down, I can edit my team to have no SS, though my bullpen will suck lol. (Actually bullpen turned out ok)

9/22/2019 7:48PM PDT

Event III sounds like it'd be the perfect change of pace for you. 

9/22/2019 7:55PM PDT

Event III sounds like it'd be the perfect change of pace for you. 

Comment by SchnauzerFace
9/22/2019 7:55PM PDT

shite, I’ll check it out then 

9/22/2019 8:00PM PDT

I'd be down, I can edit my team to have no SS, though my bullpen will suck lol. (Actually bullpen turned out ok)

Comment by eatyum
9/22/2019 7:48PM PDT

Let’s do it, my team is 89 ovr. Have no diamond bullpen, although my bullpen has been the best part of my team lol. Frank the tank is my highest overall 

9/22/2019 8:05PM PDT

Let’s do it, my team is 89 ovr. Have no diamond bullpen, although my bullpen has been the best part of my team lol. Frank the tank is my highest overall 

Comment by Trudgeon
9/22/2019 8:05PM PDT

Alright, my Non-ss team is a 91, but I'll put a gold bullpen so it's a little more balanced

9/22/2019 8:08PM PDT

One of my favorite (kind of) things to do in this game is to actually play a rs game with a team of silvers. I usually lose but it breaks me out of a slump almost every time and some of those silvers rake

9/22/2019 8:12PM PDT

One of my favorite (kind of) things to do in this game is to actually play a rs game with a team of silvers. I usually lose but it breaks me out of a slump almost every time and some of those silvers rake

Comment by mitchhammond24
9/22/2019 11:12PM EDT

ADALBERTOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

9/22/2019 8:39PM PDT

i've got a 92 ovr team. my best bullpen arm is  89 fingers. no 99 starters

ripken jr

sandberg

luiz gonzalez

piazza

snider

goldschmidt

jose ramirez

upton

morgan

ted williams

semien

cepeda

ellsbury

9/22/2019 11:36PM PDT

i've got a 92 ovr team. my best bullpen arm is  89 fingers. no 99 starters

ripken jr

sandberg

luiz gonzalez

piazza

snider

goldschmidt

jose ramirez

upton

morgan

ted williams

semien

cepeda

ellsbury

Comment by Northern_Sparks
9/22/2019 11:36PM PDT

Looks balanced, add me and let’s play 

9/23/2019 1:31AM PDT

I’m sick of playing teams with a full SS line up. As a huge fan of the show, I don’t really have that much time to play, as I’m in college. I don’t mind people having these teams, but literally every time I play online I go against “god squads”, as they were called in years past. I used to be able to keep up with these teams with my lesser squad, but this year is different. The game makes me lose no matter how good I play, and before people say don’t play or anything like that, I get better teams should win, but it’s like skill doesn’t ever matter 

what a shame

BTW: my highest starter is 91 Matt Harvey, who is absolute trash. He throws right down the middle for some reason. My next best is potm Patrick Corbin. After that it’s all golds who I believe play better then there rating. Gg y’all, add and play me!

Comment by Trudgeon
9/22/2019 9:41PM CDT

you should do some of the moments that will give you some quality diamonds, like the bo bichette, the bartolo, billy williams, wainright,  etc.. itll definitely give you more of a fighting chance. 

9/23/2019 1:42AM PDT

Well, 98 cutch is my CF, so it's not a full 99 😉

9/23/2019 3:19AM PDT

ADALBERTOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

Comment by bossman_277
9/22/2019 8:39PM PDT

Who is out for the year lmao

9/23/2019 6:28AM PDT

Who is out for the year lmao

Comment by Azxctm
9/23/2019 9:28AM EDT

Doesn't change that he is a silver card who absolutely rakes in this game...

9/23/2019 6:29AM PDT

I've got a Grind squad I can play you with. If your interested I'll post it for you when I get off work.

9/23/2019 6:31AM PDT

Doesn't change that he is a silver card who absolutely rakes in this game...

Comment by bossman_277
9/23/2019 6:29AM PDT

Im aware, but no more inside edge for him.

9/23/2019 6:32AM PDT

Im aware, but no more inside edge for him.

Comment by Azxctm
9/23/2019 9:32AM EDT

True, but also means no negative inside edge. And he plays above his stats

9/23/2019 6:33AM PDT

True, but also means no negative inside edge. And he plays above his stats

Comment by bossman_277
9/23/2019 6:33AM PDT

Yes, but he only did good for me in BR when he had an inside edge, so I dont think hell be much of a glitch anymore. After possibly reinjuring a shoulder he had issues with earlier this year, I think depending on how bad, that he may not have to many more seasons in him if he cant keep that shoulder healthy and safe.

9/23/2019 6:34AM PDT

We need a permanent “salary cap” RS mode. I will trumpet this until it happens.

9/23/2019 6:37AM PDT

what a shame

Comment by Trudgeon
9/22/2019 7:41PM PDT

Online rated >>>>

9/23/2019 6:40AM PDT

We need a permanent “salary cap” RS mode. I will trumpet this until it happens.

Comment by Better4Ever
9/23/2019 6:37AM PDT

Then you'll be playing that horn for quite some time.  Not gonna happen, nor should it.  The whole point of Diamond Dynasty is to unlock and collect cards, and in ranked you can compete with your best lineup.  Even if you bought the game today you could still put together a team filled with competitive cards you can get for free through moments and programs, or pick up some lower tier diamonds around quick sell value.  Say what you will about SDS, but they did a great job this year as far as card balance is concerned.  For example, maybe you can't afford to complete the LS collection to get Mays, but they handed out a top tier Griffey Jr for free to anyone who just played the game.  The XP reward path may have limited lineup variety at first (Kershaw and Ryan everywhere), but at this point there are enough options for long time players to swap them out with the latest and greatest from the market, while newer players or people who play less still have access to them if they don't have the stubs.  I haven't put any money into the game besides the upfront cost, but I still have at least 4-5 top tier options at every position just because I like playing the game and over time you can earn them easily.

Having a 99 at every position does not guarantee or win.  While ranked is an arms race and most will go in there with the best cards possible, you can still throw out a lineup of silvers and win if you know what you're doing.  The divide between the cards isn't as great as people make it out to be.  If you really want to play game modes with more even lineups, you already have events and BR.  No need to force people in ranked to stack the bench with commons in order to beat some BS salary cap.

That being said, I understand people want to use other cards without seemingly being at a disadvantage and it's still fun to use non-99 cards.  There is more strategy involved when cards have a weakness (Ex. Using 87 Chipper for his great contact while sacrificing defense).  If you're afraid to use lower level cards in ranked, set up a friendly with someone.  I used to do that in 17 all the time, and probably will again in 19 once the content slows a bit and there is less to grind for.  You can set up whatever rules you want (All-Star cards only, rookies, team builds, set an overall CAP, etc) since you're both on the same page.  Nerfing ranked though is definitely not the answer.

9/23/2019 6:55AM PDT

Then you'll be playing that horn for quite some time.  Not gonna happen, nor should it.  The whole point of Diamond Dynasty is to unlock and collect cards, and in ranked you can compete with your best lineup.  Even if you bought the game today you could still put together a team filled with competitive cards you can get for free through moments and programs, or pick up some lower tier diamonds around quick sell value.  Say what you will about SDS, but they did a great job this year as far as card balance is concerned.  For example, maybe you can't afford to complete the LS collection to get Mays, but they handed out a top tier Griffey Jr for free to anyone who just played the game.  The XP reward path may have limited lineup variety at first (Kershaw and Ryan everywhere), but at this point there are enough options for long time players to swap them out with the latest and greatest from the market, while newer players or people who play less still have access to them if they don't have the stubs.  I haven't put any money into the game besides the upfront cost, but I still have at least 4-5 top tier options at every position just because I like playing the game and over time you can earn them easily.

Having a 99 at every position does not guarantee or win.  While ranked is an arms race and most will go in there with the best cards possible, you can still throw out a lineup of silvers and win if you know what you're doing.  The divide between the cards isn't as great as people make it out to be.  If you really want to play game modes with more even lineups, you already have events and BR.  No need to force people in ranked to stack the bench with commons in order to beat some BS salary cap.

That being said, I understand people want to use other cards without seemingly being at a disadvantage and it's still fun to use non-99 cards.  There is more strategy involved when cards have a weakness (Ex. Using 87 Chipper for his great contact while sacrificing defense).  If you're afraid to use lower level cards in ranked, set up a friendly with someone.  I used to do that in 17 all the time, and probably will again in 19 once the content slows a bit and there is less to grind for.  You can set up whatever rules you want (All-Star cards only, rookies, team builds, set an overall CAP, etc) since you're both on the same page.  Nerfing ranked though is definitely not the answer.

Comment by PennStateFencer
9/23/2019 9:55AM EDT

I don't think he is saying to nerf ranked, but rather add a new mode. Similar to battle royale in team style, but with players from your collection. Essentially, a repeatable event where you can play with whoever you want under a certain overall. Similar to the salary cap mode in Madden. Ranked would still be ranked, BR would still be BR, events would exist with whatever conditions may exist, i.e. all sig or all LS, but this would be separate from that. Might not happen, but it could be the new feature for next year too.

9/23/2019 7:00AM PDT

9/23/2019 6:55AM PDT

You spent an awful lot of time and energy on a post that misses the mark completely. The salary cap mode would be an additional mode. Other “Ultimate Team” modes already have this. There’s no good reason not to do it. The main modes, like normal RS, will still be about putting whatever team you want on the field, and would probably still have the best rewards and the most people playing it.

9/23/2019 7:02AM PDT

You spent an awful lot of time and energy on a post that misses the mark completely. The salary cap mode would be an additional mode. Other “Ultimate Team” modes already have this. There’s no good reason not to do it. The main modes, like normal RS, will still be about putting whatever team you want on the field, and would probably still have the best rewards and the most people playing it.

Comment by Better4Ever
9/23/2019 10:02AM EDT

Have you heard of dilution?  Because that's a reason not to do it. 

You also never said it would be an additional mode in your post.  Just that we need a "permanent “salary cap” RS mode", which could be interpreted as a replacement to the current ranked season.  Maybe if certain people around here actually explained what they meant instead of assuming everyone can read their mind, less people would waste their time proving them wrong.

There.  Shorter.

9/23/2019 7:03AM PDT

Have you heard of dilution?  Because that's a reason not to do it. 

There.  Shorter.

9/23/2019 7:03AM PDT

Terrible argument, especially since other games do it. May as well just have only one mode that everyone has to play if that’s your argument.

9/23/2019 7:05AM PDT