You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
17 632 Active 28 days ago

It's not like I'm a good player --- average at best on a very good day --- but I've played 8 games today and opponents have quit 7 times. What's going on here? I've never seen this kind of cut-and-run strategy over and over again.

Is there any way to increase the penalty for quitting to deter this in the future?

9/22/2019 5:47PM PDT

You want there to be a penalty for someone giving you a free win?

9/22/2019 5:48PM PDT

I love when people quit. Lol.  

9/22/2019 5:49PM PDT

Yeah, I hate when I get free wins, it makes me so sad when I collect my WS reward when I remember the guy who quit when I was at 667, I knew I didn't deserve the World Series because I wouldn't be there without that win.

I make up for this by quick selling every WS reward I get, then throw the stubs down into the center of the earth by buying 3 packs with that 5k.

9/22/2019 6:18PM PDT

You want there to be a penalty for someone giving you a free win?

Comment by skepple15
9/22/2019 5:48PM PDT

Yeah what the hell theyre essentially saving you time

9/22/2019 7:52PM PDT

Jeez y’all, he’s just asking. If I had 7 quits in a day I’d be asking the same damn thing.

swear some people on these forums have a stick up there cooches 

9/22/2019 8:03PM PDT

Jeez y’all, he’s just asking. If I had 7 quits in a day I’d be asking the same damn thing.

Comment by Trudgeon

The comments refer to the "Is there any way to increase the penalty for quitting to deter this in the future?", not to the first question of asking if there has been a rash of quits for other people. Sure my comment could have been less snarky, i'll admit that, but I find it funny that people want more punishment for quitters when they are obviously already punished by losing the game.

9/22/2019 8:07PM PDT

Comment by Trudgeon

Agree.  The guy probably just wants to play one 9 inning game win or lose.  People are pahetic and can't come back when down a run or two.  

9/22/2019 8:47PM PDT

Let me play who you're playing.  I'm at 811 and 7 quits probably gets me chipper

9/23/2019 12:02AM PDT

It's not like I'm a good player --- average at best on a very good day --- but I've played 8 games today and opponents have quit 7 times. What's going on here? I've never seen this kind of cut-and-run strategy over and over again.

Is there any way to increase the penalty for quitting to deter this in the future?

Comment by MLB_Baseball_Fan
9/22/2019 5:47PM PDT

Love a quit when I go up 3 early.  I'll take the win every time instead of the alternative which is get a lead, stop hitting (might as well set down the controller), wait for opponent to catch up (usually on bloopers, errors, early/okay hr's, etc, can magically hit again.  

9/23/2019 6:34AM PDT

you have to remember that everyone is playing for different reasons, not everyone's trying to "earn" something.  Typically I love when someone quits when i go up early but it does get annoying if it happens over and over or if you only have time for a game or 2 and you end up playing 1-2 innings of a couple games and then your time's up.

9/23/2019 9:25AM PDT

Quits suck, unless it’s the first inning or so, I want to play a full game.

as a matter of fact Grienke pitched 6 perfect innings last night and then dude quit when I made the lead 4-0 in the bottom of the 6th..not cool man I wanted a shot at history.

that marks 3x this year I’ve had a perfect game ruined after at least 6 full innings smh 

9/23/2019 9:28AM PDT

I’m an okay player. 850 highest I’ve gotten when I make a good run. Took me a lot of games but finally an over .500 player. I think it depends on circumstances. For example, I know I’m okay at the game, and maybe with real string of luck could make WS. When seasons start you all reset down to whatever level it may be. Well, when I’m ranked 17000 in the world and I play 2/3 games against top 500 players (check rank after) . There is definitely a skill gap. And for me, that skill gaps typically goes to where it feels like anything I throw in the zone is mashed, even out of the zone sometimes. Also, if you are In AS purgatory you barely can get strike outs on pitches that even bounce so then you’re forced to try to pitch to some contact and just get man handled. Some people are just really good, and definitely better at me in this game. And usually when it’s like that, I get my *** handed to me. So, if it’s 4/5/6 - 0 by the third inning, why am I going to waste bullpen energy, continue to get clobbered in a 0 fun game on my end. I can just quit and start another game. No reason to suffer. It saves them time too. Like I said in no way am I saying I’m THAT good, but when I am in a competitive game, I compete. When I’m in an old fashion butt whooping I’ll cut my losses and move on

9/23/2019 9:53AM PDT

I hate getting free wins CMON NOW! 

9/23/2019 11:16AM PDT

Not everyone who quits a RS game did so out of rage.  Just yesterday I got a call where I had to run out of the house.  I offered the guy a friendly quit, he rejected, so I had to forfeit.  Give me a forfeit, but don't pile on with some penalty. I bet the % of quits where people had family-related stuff take them away from a game is fairly high.  Remember these games often take an hour to complete.

9/23/2019 12:57PM PDT

I still don’t understand why SDS doesn’t just lower the chances at post game rewards for people who quit, and continue to every time they do quit. it’s such a simple solution that the horrible people at EA have always had implemented. 

And yes it is a issue when program stars don’t count when people quit. Most of my games are quits, most of my games earn 0 program stars. I don’t have time to play 13 games a day, I play a few if any, I’d like my progress towards to bosses. 

No suprise the people who don’t care have hit 600 stars EVERY PROGRAM like it’s a religion. 

9/23/2019 2:02PM PDT

I was rage quitting like crazy last night, I wonder if I was one of those. There was one game where I was taking a lead off first base because I wasn't being held on, then he paused and changed defense to hold runner but I didn't notice and I was picked off immediately. I rage quitted even though the score was 0-0. Then another game I should have had 1st and 3rd with 1 out but some base running gaff ended the inning and I quit in a 0-0 game. Just needed to quit before I stroked out from rage lol. I am sure I am not the only one. Then when I get matched up with a guy who is using all 99s while I am going for team affinity rewards so using scrubs, and the guy has like a 867 rating (you can tell by their quality of play) I know to quit before I expend too much energy in a hopeless crusade. I dropped from 760 rank to 600 or so but the games were more enjoyable, I am not in the mood to grind at championship level just yet, its too early for that nonsense. 

9/23/2019 2:52PM PDT