You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I'm seriously at the point where I can't throw a ball in the dirt with two strikes because even catchers with high blocking ratings can't keep it in front of them. And it's not even difficult pitches! We aren't talking sliders breaking down and away. I'm talking a change up in the dirt right in front of him, a ball you expect a high school catcher to block consistently, and I can't throw it with two strikes if the hitter has decent speed. 

9/22/2019 4:20PM PDT

Pick your spots kid, PICK - YOUR - SPOTS

9/22/2019 4:25PM PDT

Let's also talk about a throw down to second where u get a green throw with Pudge and it's off line or in the dirt 

9/22/2019 4:32PM PDT

The fact that foul tips are so overpowered and the only way to get somone to swing and miss is to bury it in the dirt makes it even more obnoxious that the catchers are awful.

9/22/2019 5:18PM PDT

I'm seriously at the point where I can't throw a ball in the dirt with two strikes because even catchers with high blocking ratings can't keep it in front of them. And it's not even difficult pitches! We aren't talking sliders breaking down and away. I'm talking a change up in the dirt right in front of him, a ball you expect a high school catcher to block consistently, and I can't throw it with two strikes if the hitter has decent speed. 

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x

You're really asking this question from the devs that think good/squared and good/good should result in outs 80% of the time?   Or good/good pitches should go right over the plate or miss the zone by two feet?  Nothing should surprise you in this game.  Just have some laughs at the bad coding.  

To answer your question, you can throw balls in the dirt for strike 3 if, and only if, you are behind in the game.  

9/22/2019 5:43PM PDT

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x

You are getting the passed ball and wild pitch cuz you are throwing low in the zone too often...its built in for RNG and DDA and its stupid. One of the other things is built in is the random pitch not in a place you put it. 

2 reasons i quit this game last week

9/22/2019 5:45PM PDT

Oddly, the catcher I've had the least passed balls with is Piazza. I think my pitching styles changed to the point where I don't pins low in the zone as much bc it seems like everyone camps there. But, Piazza rarely allows passed balls. Seemed a lot more frequent with Pudge.

9/22/2019 6:31PM PDT

You are getting the passed ball and wild pitch cuz you are throwing low in the zone too often...its built in for RNG and DDA and its stupid. One of the other things is built in is the random pitch not in a place you put it. 

2 reasons i quit this game last week

Comment by UnexpectedOutlaw
9/22/2019 5:45PM PDT

Hold on everyone, another one announces he has quit. Quit the game a week ago but still cares enough to troll the threads. Stop lying. 

9/22/2019 6:34PM PDT

Pick your spots kid, PICK - YOUR - SPOTS

Comment by Therealest_JB
9/22/2019 4:25PM PDT

If we're talking about choosing your spots to throw an off speed pitch in the dirt, then ahead in the count with two strikes IS - THE - SPOT 

9/22/2019 9:40PM PDT

It's not the catchers letting balls in the dirt that bugs me.... it's being forced to throw balls in the dirt because my opponent will foul off a slider that's a foot out of the zone with a flailing "very early" swing... smh

9/23/2019 1:28PM PDT

Hit your pitch release and they will block it, miss horribly and come to the forum to complain about it.

9/23/2019 1:41PM PDT