You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

In almost 15 years of making this game, how can you not get bunting right!? How is something so simple still so broken??? I shouldn't have to steal before a sac bunt to avoid bunting into a double play. People with event decent bunt ratings should not be popping up bunts on belt high fastballs (the EASIEST pitch to bunt). 

Seriously, how hard is it to just have the PCI stay on the screen once I hit triangle and even if I'm bunting I have to the the PCI on the ball? If I'm under it with the PCI, I have a higher chance of popping it up. At least then it would be my fault when I pop it up instead of this games horse *** RNG just randomly deciding to waste my at-bat

9/22/2019 4:17PM PDT

In almost 15 years of making this game, how can you not get bunting right!? How is something so simple still so broken??? I shouldn't have to steal before a sac bunt to avoid bunting into a double play. People with event decent bunt ratings should not be popping up bunts on belt high fastballs (the EASIEST pitch to bunt). 

Seriously, how hard is it to just have the PCI stay on the screen once I hit triangle and even if I'm bunting I have to the the PCI on the ball? If I'm under it with the PCI, I have a higher chance of popping it up. At least then it would be my fault when I pop it up instead of this games horse *** RNG just randomly deciding to waste my at-bat

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x
9/22/2019 4:17PM PDT

It’s a fine line, if bunting is too easy , you go back to 16 with all the bunt hits. I do agree, there should be a zone thing for bunting not just holding triangle

I feel it’s more a problem with the fielding, in real life most of the time bunting is an out. In this game it’s like the 3rd baseman is stuck in mud or something and doesn’t get a good enough jump on the ball 

9/22/2019 5:29PM PDT

It’s a fine line, if bunting is too easy , you go back to 16 with all the bunt hits. I do agree, there should be a zone thing for bunting not just holding triangle

I feel it’s more a problem with the fielding, in real life most of the time bunting is an out. In this game it’s like the 3rd baseman is stuck in mud or something and doesn’t get a good enough jump on the ball 

Comment by Trudgeon
9/22/2019 5:29PM PDT

you could tweak the animation on the throw to second or third

9/22/2019 5:41PM PDT

Runner on first. Pitcher at the plate. 95% of the time the pitcher's bunt is a double play. That's not close to reality. 

Unfortunately, "Bunt Cheese" was an awful thing of the past and now the proverbial pendulum has swung to the other extreme. We need something in the middle.

9/22/2019 5:43PM PDT

Runner on first. Pitcher at the plate. 95% of the time the pitcher's bunt is a double play. That's not close to reality. 

Unfortunately, "Bunt Cheese" was an awful thing of the past and now the proverbial pendulum has swung to the other extreme. We need something in the middle.

Comment by MLB_Baseball_Fan
9/22/2019 5:43PM PDT

Agreed. With a runner on first bunting is a good option in real life, in this game it’s not. I think they should make it so the runner should get a good jump and the fielder should only have a fast throw to first. Otherwise idk what to do for bunting 

9/22/2019 7:06PM PDT

How bad is bunting?

Roberto Alomar (99 bunt and 99 drag bunt and 87 speed) tried to bunt Lou Brock (99 speed) to second earlier today against the CPU and it was a double play.

While we don't need to go back to bunt cheese days. It is bad when 

1. I don't feel comfortable trying to steal with Lou Brock against the CPU. He gets thrown out way to often in spite of his speed and stealing ratings. 
  2. I don't feel comfortable bunting him over with a guy that has 99 bunt ratings because I fear a double play. 

9/22/2019 10:03PM PDT

How bad is bunting?

Roberto Alomar (99 bunt and 99 drag bunt and 87 speed) tried to bunt Lou Brock (99 speed) to second earlier today against the CPU and it was a double play.

While we don't need to go back to bunt cheese days. It is bad when 

1. I don't feel comfortable trying to steal with Lou Brock against the CPU. He gets thrown out way to often in spite of his speed and stealing ratings. 
  2. I don't feel comfortable bunting him over with a guy that has 99 bunt ratings because I fear a double play. 

Comment by Dolenz
9/22/2019 10:03PM PDT

meanwhile the CPU can bunt with any player, and steal bases with any player. 

9/23/2019 2:06AM PDT