You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

We all know the game plays like TRASH online. And yet, we all keep coming back to it. I will not be buying next years game. The only reason why i play this year is because i bought the downloaded version and I feel like I want to get my moneys worth and try and enjoy it the most I can. But the game truly frustrates me. It's unjustified game play is maddening. And they ignore all of the complaints. 

For those of you who say simple minded "don't play"... do me a favor, don't read. These kinds of posts are not going to stop by the community. Just like the game play being so horrid online isn't going to stop. This game is a *** addiction for stupid people. And I actively cannot wait to NOT buy next years version and let this behind me. Maybe join a softball league, or take up another fantasy baseball league or something. This game does not reward input the way it should. Losing to bad players is far too common. While the content is great, the game play is far too frustrating for this game to be something enjoyable. SDS ruined a good thing. Luckily for all of us, baseball is a real thing outside of this game and i'll get my baseball fix from that. That, also, is not in my control. But at least it's *** fair. Peace out.

9/20/2019 4:23PM PDT

Thanks for this! I totally agree with you on every point. All the way down to minute details. They ignore complaints about the way the game is played, but respond to you for trivial things , its asinine. I won’t be buying again either.

9/20/2019 4:32PM PDT

Lol its pretty obvious what's going on here.  Any business will cater to the masses.  Society is  getting dumber and dumber by the day.  All you gotta do is look at some of the ridiculous reality shows that people continue to watch on TV, all these horrific mass shootings occurring just about on a weekly basis, and of course we have good ol Trump running the country (wow its pretty depressing when u take a step back and really look at the decline).  So most of these people will be distracted by this game's pretty graphics and great content and just kinda gloss over the SUBPAR gameplay.  This forum represents the minority of the player base not the majority.  So for the casuals its probably good enough just where it is. 

9/20/2019 5:03PM PDT

Lol its pretty obvious what's going on here.  Any business will cater to the masses.  Society is  getting dumber and dumber by the day.  All you gotta do is look at some of the ridiculous reality shows that people continue to watch on TV, all these horrific mass shootings occurring just about on a weekly basis, and of course we have good ol Trump running the country (wow its pretty depressing when u take a step back and really look at the decline).  So most of these people will be distracted by this game's pretty graphics and great content and just kinda gloss over the SUBPAR gameplay.  This forum represents the minority of the player base not the majority.  So for the casuals its probably good enough just where it is. 

Comment by BASEBALL__24_7
9/20/2019 5:03PM PDT

Brilliantly said.

9/20/2019 5:07PM PDT

Count me in as well. I’m def not getting the game next year. It was a good experience for me to see that all these games (2k, the show & madden) are all alike. 

9/20/2019 5:08PM PDT

Count me in as well. I’m def not getting the game next year. It was a good experience for me to see that all these games (2k, the show & madden) are all alike. 

Comment by i4theluvofthegam
9/20/2019 5:08PM PDT

Hopefully others follow suit and don't cave when they offer some carrot that gets everyone all hyped up. If/when they do that, remember how frustrating the gameplay is online before taking the bait. Why do you think they practically gave away GOD cards all year, to keep EVERYONE interested in it. Meanwhile they implement the nonsense that makes the game superbly obnoxious to cater to the common. It's ***.

9/21/2019 1:48PM PDT

I will be buying the game next year, that doesn't make stupid or a fanboy. Buying the game is not the same as blindly believing there are no issues. I know the game has flaws, but in the overall scheme of things, I still enjoy it. I got my moneys worth out of this year in my opinion.

9/21/2019 1:51PM PDT

I will be buying the game next year, that doesn't make stupid or a fanboy. Buying the game is not the same as blindly believing there are no issues. I know the game has flaws, but in the overall scheme of things, I still enjoy it. I got my moneys worth out of this year in my opinion.

Comment by eatyum
9/21/2019 1:51PM PDT

I'm on this boat.  I'm sure when it's all said and done I will come way short of the hours I spent on 18.

Still through, if I divide the cost of the game by the hours played in 19 it would come to pennies on the hour for the entertainment.

I think the problem is that this is not an exclusively online game, so the online component of the game is not getting the full attention of the programmers.  It's a juggling act keeping an online and offline community happy in any game.  Look at the 2nd generation of the Star Wars Battlefront games, they completely sold out to the online community at the expense of poor offline content, and lost the offline players (the fact that their pay to win online content lost players there too is another issue).  SDS is  trying to balance it so both communities are happy, the problem is some people aren't happy unless their "idea" of the game is perfect (offliners have left hating or bored with the content, onliners leaving because they lost to a "lesser" player).

9/21/2019 2:20PM PDT

Don’t play?

9/21/2019 2:23PM PDT

Yawn.

9/21/2019 2:52PM PDT

I’ll buy it eventually. but with how bad the last two years have been, I’ll be waiting a few months...won’t be all hyped opening night like I have been. Just a big let down when the online gameplay is terrible. 

9/21/2019 5:17PM PDT

Online is for suckers.  I'm offline only and couldn't be happier.  As a hardcore baseball fan, there's enough modes packed in this game to keep me busy all year without ever going online.

So yeah, I'll always get the game if for nothing else my love of baseball. But since I don't play online I never have anything to complain about which is icing on the cake. 

9/21/2019 5:40PM PDT

SDS doesn't believe you... Nobody believes you. You say the same thing every year and then keep coming back to this forum with your "I'm not buying this game again" sob story. 

9/21/2019 5:45PM PDT

It's not just online.  I only play "offline" and the hitting is still terrible.  I've already given up on Madden.  The Show might be next.

9/21/2019 8:05PM PDT

Its gives players with worse ratings and insane amount of luck its pretty incredible

9/21/2019 8:51PM PDT

Loved playing franchise last year because the gameplay was fun, challenging, and rewarding now its garbage

9/21/2019 9:45PM PDT

SDS doesn't believe you... Nobody believes you. You say the same thing every year and then keep coming back to this forum with your "I'm not buying this game again" sob story. 

Comment by jreypr
9/21/2019 5:45PM PDT

I could care less if you or sds doesnt believe me. This has been the worst year. And i've got more happening in life where I truly don't need to play this that much anyway. Although I enjoy it, i find it far more frustrating than enjoyable. I won't be buying. And I do not care what you take from that. 

9/22/2019 2:50AM PDT

Its gives players with worse ratings and insane amount of luck its pretty incredible

Comment by steelerjoesteel
9/21/2019 8:51PM PDT

ding ding ding $$$

9/22/2019 7:50PM PDT