You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

He’s right, I personally have anxiety myself and wish I’d talked to my doctor long before I actually did. I felt ashamed and thought I could manage on my own. It was due to a chemical imbalance in my brain, it’s no different than any other disease and just because it’s not one that people can see doesn’t mean that it’s any less real. My doctor also prescribed me Xanax. I know people like to joke and say “chill out, take a Xanax” but for those of us that really do suffer from panic attacks it is really a medicine that can give you your life back, at least it did for me. So take this guys advice, and don’t wait, speak to your doctor about it. 

Comment by bradphil87
9/20/2019 10:31AM PDT

Really hoping the toxicity of this forum doesnt show in regards to this post. Great advice. Prescriptions arent always necessary...but you wont know if you dont bring it up with the doctor.

9/20/2019 10:42AM PDT

I absolutely feast with the 87 chipper.  I’ve been waiting on the SS all year.  Market on him was moving way too slow as not many have made World Series.  So I decided to go into panic mode and sell off most my cards that I didn’t use.  Did a stupid thing and bought him for 900K.  Yes I got chipper but now I’m stub poor.  I’m so nervous right now to even put him in my lineup because if he doesn’t perform all my stubs went poof and any other new cards I won’t be able to purchase.  I just don’t know what to do now.  Sick to my stomach about spending my whole bank roll on one player.  I might try to put him in my grind lineup to see how he does because if I go into RS and he absolutely tanks I don’t know what I’ll do.  

Comment by pootiecat
9/20/2019 8:52AM PDT

Man, I don’t know. Do you like Chipper? Is he one of your favorite players? Or did you just buy him for his stats? You obviously thought it was worth it, so just keep him. A lot of things you buy in this life will depreciate in value and will become cheaper the longer you wait to buy them. I drove myself crazy tv shopping because I knew that if I just waited a month or two then the tv I wanted would be cheaper. But then it would get closer to new TVs being released, and I thought about waiting for new models. It’s an endless cycle. Eventually you have to just pull the trigger. You wanted him. You bought him. Enjoy him. Those were some weird sounding sentences, but it’s too late to delete them now. 

9/20/2019 10:46AM PDT

Don’t come at me bro.  You have no idea how much this card is going to go for.  

Comment by pootiecat
9/20/2019 10:20AM PDT

I know it won’t be anywhere near 900k you twit 

9/20/2019 10:51AM PDT

Lol you did the same thing with Cobb tho. Talking about what it meant to be first 😂

Comment by Str8OuttaStubs
9/20/2019 10:13AM PDT

Yeah but Cobb wasn’t 900k. Damn that’s expensive. 

9/20/2019 10:55AM PDT

I’m thinking about just selling Felix and paying for him, rather then stressing over making the WS to get him.

9/20/2019 10:57AM PDT

Just when I think I've seen everything...    lol.  No words.  But, um.  Yea.  You might want to put the 900k card in your lineup.    Shrugs.  Good luck?   

9/20/2019 11:14AM PDT

I absolutely feast with the 87 chipper.  I’ve been waiting on the SS all year.  Market on him was moving way too slow as not many have made World Series.  So I decided to go into panic mode and sell off most my cards that I didn’t use.  Did a stupid thing and bought him for 900K.  Yes I got chipper but now I’m stub poor.  I’m so nervous right now to even put him in my lineup because if he doesn’t perform all my stubs went poof and any other new cards I won’t be able to purchase.  I just don’t know what to do now.  Sick to my stomach about spending my whole bank roll on one player.  I might try to put him in my grind lineup to see how he does because if I go into RS and he absolutely tanks I don’t know what I’ll do.  

Comment by pootiecat
9/20/2019 8:52AM PDT

I'm stub poor and I don't have Chipper.

I am betting, however, that he can line out just like all the other SS players in the game and you will get the same production as Aubrey Huff.

9/20/2019 12:13PM PDT

I have a terrible sense of humor (also have something that kind of tinkers with my understand of things), so if I may, I apologize for my misunderstanding of your joke.

Comment by Azxctm
9/20/2019 12:30PM EDT

Don't we all? Lol

9/20/2019 12:14PM PDT

and there goes honus 

9/20/2019 12:58PM PDT

I'd play him if you paid that price for him. Try him out in RS over the weekend, give him 50 ABs or so, if you are struggling I would sell him, and buy him back when he drops to around 400k.

I love Chipper, probably my second favorite player behind David Justice. Even if I wanted to I wouldn't have the cards to sell. Well I do, but many are locked in, like Billy Wagner, Griffey, Piazza, Jackie and others.

I don't know though, that many stubs it one card may not be a great idea. He will go down, but I don't think he will be as cheap as some think. I think he will hover around 400k for this season at least, maybe he drops more next season. So it might be smart to sell him anyway, even if you do well with him. Use the stubs to rebuild your team and save the rest for the Chipper fund.

Just my opinion though, it is all up to you. Hope it works out.

9/20/2019 2:06PM PDT

I think you should QS him and use the 5K to buy one headliner pack when they drop this afternoon

Comment by SchnauzerFace
9/20/2019 8:59AM PDT

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

9/20/2019 2:33PM PDT

Yeah this is the one must have card for me so I sold off a bunch of cards and paid 760k because I know i probably wont even play much longer anyways. Only regret is having to get rid of Kluber, but excited to see how Chipper does. Batted .400 with his 87 card in like 500+ ABs

9/20/2019 5:52PM PDT

How does he hold up defensively? Does he have that Frank the tank glove, or does he flop a little like the 87 version?

9/22/2019 5:02AM PDT

I used him in BR 7 AB, 3 HR, 2b, 3b and two line drive shots caught at the wall

9/22/2019 5:23AM PDT

So... not even 40 people have made WS.  This season must be giving people trouble. This card is still mad expensive. 

9/22/2019 6:00PM PDT

How do you know the OP isn't trolling us? Kinda weird to do that with his team and than come on here and post like we are suppose to start a GoFundMe for him.

Comment by Hydro4Life420
9/20/2019 9:38AM PDT

You dont ig

9/23/2019 6:19AM PDT

Don't we all? Lol

Comment by Cactus_XX_Jack
9/20/2019 12:14PM PDT

Well it depends lmao

9/23/2019 6:23AM PDT