You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I absolutely feast with the 87 chipper.  I’ve been waiting on the SS all year.  Market on him was moving way too slow as not many have made World Series.  So I decided to go into panic mode and sell off most my cards that I didn’t use.  Did a stupid thing and bought him for 900K.  Yes I got chipper but now I’m stub poor.  I’m so nervous right now to even put him in my lineup because if he doesn’t perform all my stubs went poof and any other new cards I won’t be able to purchase.  I just don’t know what to do now.  Sick to my stomach about spending my whole bank roll on one player.  I might try to put him in my grind lineup to see how he does because if I go into RS and he absolutely tanks I don’t know what I’ll do.  

9/20/2019 8:52AM PDT

Dude its game - deep breaths lol Im sure he'll rake 

9/20/2019 8:56AM PDT

List him for 950k and count your losses. I mean 1300 people made it last year. And last time I check I think we were still under 15. He’s going to be expensive. But not that expensive. Maybe 300k when you start seeing people make it on a larger scale. Think of it this way, if you wait two weeks, you will have saved over 500k. In a few weeks you’ll be singing the blues man. Sell him. 

9/20/2019 8:57AM PDT

Talk to your doctor about Xanax or something... there's no reason to be this anxious over something so trivial

If he doesn't work for you, you can always sell him at a small loss but he'll do fine for you. Just don't think about the price you paid every AB and you'll be OK.

9/20/2019 8:58AM PDT

I think you should QS him and use the 5K to buy one headliner pack when they drop this afternoon

9/20/2019 8:59AM PDT

List him for 950k and count your losses. I mean 1300 people made it last year. And last time I check I think we were still under 15. He’s going to be expensive. But not that expensive. Maybe 300k when you start seeing people make it on a larger scale. Think of it this way, if you wait two weeks, you will have saved over 500k. In a few weeks you’ll be singing the blues man. Sell him. 

Comment by allmustfall16
9/20/2019 10:57AM CDT

Ya you are probably right man.  Not sure what I was thinking.  Just saw how slow the market on him was moving.

9/20/2019 9:00AM PDT

Dude its game - deep breaths lol Im sure he'll rake 

Comment by Capt_awesome34
9/20/2019 11:56AM EDT

Lol..Like he lost his job and cant pay the mortgage. Lml

9/20/2019 9:00AM PDT

Talk to your doctor about Xanax or something... there's no reason to be this anxious over something so trivial

Comment by bossman_277
9/20/2019 10:57AM CDT

I’m already on  Xanax thanks

9/20/2019 9:01AM PDT

But..... wouldn't it be ideal to put him in the lineup now? If you are scared he won't perform, wouldn't it be better to know now when you can sell for a lot? 

9/20/2019 9:06AM PDT

Are you being serious?

9/20/2019 9:11AM PDT

But..... wouldn't it be ideal to put him in the lineup now? If you are scared he won't perform, wouldn't it be better to know now when you can sell for a lot? 

Comment by eatyum
9/20/2019 11:06AM CDT

This is a very great point.  I’ll take it into consideration.

9/20/2019 9:11AM PDT

I think you should QS him and use the 5K to buy one headliner pack when they drop this afternoon

Comment by SchnauzerFace
9/20/2019 8:59AM PDT

Cant ever have a post without a good old troller in there now can you

9/20/2019 9:19AM PDT

Comment by Azxctm
9/20/2019 9:19AM PDT

Can't ever make a harmless joke without someone having an entire rainforest worth of sticks up their butt now can you.

9/20/2019 9:26AM PDT

I absolutely feast with the 87 chipper.  I’ve been waiting on the SS all year.  Market on him was moving way too slow as not many have made World Series.  So I decided to go into panic mode and sell off most my cards that I didn’t use.  Did a stupid thing and bought him for 900K.  Yes I got chipper but now I’m stub poor.  I’m so nervous right now to even put him in my lineup because if he doesn’t perform all my stubs went poof and any other new cards I won’t be able to purchase.  I just don’t know what to do now.  Sick to my stomach about spending my whole bank roll on one player.  I might try to put him in my grind lineup to see how he does because if I go into RS and he absolutely tanks I don’t know what I’ll do.  

Comment by pootiecat

Truthfully, as much as Id love to get Chipper. Theres is no way Id spend that much of my life trying for World Series (even though I know Id never get past WC (if I even made it there, I have once this year, but my games are just about always predetermined and thats towards my opponents who are always worse them myself), nor would I waste 300k for a single player, when I could get 2-3 99s for that much. Some cards are just a waste going after, and sadly this year hes one of them.

Can't ever make a harmless joke without someone having an entire rainforest worth of sticks up their butt now can you.

Comment by SchnauzerFace

I have a terrible sense of humor (also have something that kind of tinkers with my understand of things), so if I may, I apologize for my misunderstanding of your joke.

9/20/2019 9:30AM PDT

Comment by Azxctm
9/20/2019 11:19AM CDT

How do you know the OP isn't trolling us? Kinda weird to do that with his team and than come on here and post like we are suppose to start a GoFundMe for him.

9/20/2019 9:38AM PDT

How do you know the OP isn't trolling us? Kinda weird to do that with his team and than come on here and post like we are suppose to start a GoFundMe for him.

Comment by Hydro4Life420
9/20/2019 12:38PM EDT

Seeking damages for emotional trauma due to spending online video game currency on a player and then being too terrified to use said player

9/20/2019 9:43AM PDT

Comment by pootiecat
9/20/2019 11:52AM EDT

Bro just relax lol. Ranks seasons just started last week. Not alot of ppl gonna make it to WS so fast. Everyone is beating each other up to get to WS. Once all the top players make it, it waters down the comp and more will be able to get him. So just sell him now and buy later. He doesnt look end game to me. So let SDS take their 10% now and buy him cheaper later. Or grind to get him later in the season

9/20/2019 9:45AM PDT

Whatever you do, don't think about how increased power actually hurts this card. The 87 had the perfect ratio of contact to power for the meta, allows for bloops to fall in while also giving you the occassional HR. The 99 is just a lineout machine.

Like I said: DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!

9/20/2019 10:03AM PDT

Comment by allmustfall16

Lol you did the same thing with Cobb tho. Talking about what it meant to be first 😂

9/20/2019 10:13AM PDT

Comment by pootiecat

People like you baffle me. You just pissed away almost a million stubs for one player that in a few more weeks will close a quarter of that. Your no doubt a teenager so don’t expect you to understand how foolish this decision was. 

9/20/2019 10:13AM PDT

People like you baffle me. You just pissed away almost a million stubs for one player that in a few more weeks will close a quarter of that. Your no doubt a teenager so don’t expect you to understand how foolish this decision was. 

Comment by Stickyickie23
9/20/2019 12:13PM CDT

Don’t come at me bro.  You have no idea how much this card is going to go for.  

9/20/2019 10:20AM PDT

Comment by Hydro4Life420
9/20/2019 11:38AM CDT

Do what with my team?  Sell off my junk?  Ya that’s really weird.

9/20/2019 10:21AM PDT

Comment by bossman_277

He’s right, I personally have anxiety myself and wish I’d talked to my doctor long before I actually did. I felt ashamed and thought I could manage on my own. It was due to a chemical imbalance in my brain, it’s no different than any other disease and just because it’s not one that people can see doesn’t mean that it’s any less real. My doctor also prescribed me Xanax. I know people like to joke and say “chill out, take a Xanax” but for those of us that really do suffer from panic attacks it is really a medicine that can give you your life back, at least it did for me. So take this guys advice, and don’t wait, speak to your doctor about it. 

9/20/2019 10:31AM PDT