You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

The only thing I have left for Moments Extreme is the final one. Having a tough time getting the 8 K’s. Any suggestions for who to use as SP? My last attempt I used Kershaw. He shut them out but only K’d 3, then my relievers got me another 2 and I fell 3 short. 

9/18/2019 5:41PM PDT

Fergie Jenkins was great for me. Him, Hoffman, and lee smith got all the strikeouts for me. 

9/18/2019 5:59PM PDT

Fergie Jenkins was great for me. Him, Hoffman, and lee smith got all the strikeouts for me. 

Comment by DriveByTrucker17
9/18/2019 5:59PM PDT

I have Fergie, maybe I’ll give him a try 

9/18/2019 6:10PM PDT

I just completed it.  AS Chapman had 6 Ks.  I had luck with Hoffman in a prior attempt but not much outside of those two.  Another bit of advice from someone else on here is pinch hit your pitcher with your best strikeout starter and they come in with full energy.  I had 3 or 4  strikeouts with Gibson that way.

9/18/2019 6:46PM PDT

I just completed it.  AS Chapman had 6 Ks.  I had luck with Hoffman in a prior attempt but not much outside of those two.  Another bit of advice from someone else on here is pinch hit your pitcher with your best strikeout starter and they come in with full energy.  I had 3 or 4  strikeouts with Gibson that way.

Comment by Bounceman75
9/18/2019 6:46PM PDT

Yeah, AS Chapman got me 2 K's in the attempt where I fell 3 K's short. That is some good advice about pinch hitting the SP. I have both Ryan and Gibson, wouldn't want to use Ryan as the starter because of the 2 walk limit, but an inning or 2, that could be a good way to get a few K's. Thanks for the suggestions.

Funny thing is, before trying this one I was thinking if I wasn't able to do it that it would be because of the hitting stats you need. I got all of them twice now, it's just these damn 8 K's I'm struggling with!

9/18/2019 6:51PM PDT

i would load your bullpen with your highest k/9 guys and go to them early

9/18/2019 7:12PM PDT

The only thing I have left for Moments Extreme is the final one. Having a tough time getting the 8 K’s. Any suggestions for who to use as SP? My last attempt I used Kershaw. He shut them out but only K’d 3, then my relievers got me another 2 and I fell 3 short. 

Comment by CTsdjr0819
9/18/2019 5:41PM PDT

Trevor Hoffman’s changeup below the zone and Billy Wagners low and away changeup got most of my Ks.  I found it really hard to get fastballs by those hitters

Also a tip for you if you are struggling on the Ks..  If you have 2 outs and the bases are clear and your opponent grounds out or pops up, just let them on to give yourself another chance at a K.

9/18/2019 7:57PM PDT

Well, I was able to get the 8 K's in my last attempt, of course now that I did I didn't get the 4 extra base hits, so frustrating! At least now I know I am capable of doing all the requirements, just need to get them done all in the same game now. For the K's I started SS Ryan and he got 5 K's for me. AS Chapman and SS Wagner each had 2 K's as well. 

9/18/2019 9:25PM PDT