You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Is that really the only thing the fanboys can say when defending this game? Do y’all say that because you like how the game holds your hand when losing and gives you extra opportunities by screwing over your opponent? Is that how you want to win? Are you proud of yourself when you get a hit on late/weak and it falls perfectly out of reach for your opponent? Do you like benefiting from game deciding errors? Do you like watching your opponent line out constantly instead of the game rewarding input? 

The fanboys are the reason why SDS keeps pushing out more and more bs gameplay every year, to keep them playing. 

Fanboys  have no integrity when they defend this garbage dump and enjoy the cheap success the game gives them. 

9/18/2019 1:48PM PDT

Simple solution don't play - there is always Lego sets 

9/18/2019 1:52PM PDT

I'm here for the lineouts...

9/18/2019 1:54PM PDT

I’m not a fanboy, but if you don’t like the game and it stresses you out, there’s no reason to keep playing.  SDS doesn’t make the game like this because of fanboys.  They are making a game the best they can to appeal to the masses. 

I would love this game to be 1:1 user input, but they’ll never do it.  It’s the reason why they always say the pci isn’t representative of the barrel of the bat.

There’s no point in losing sleep with how this game plays. Take it with a grain of salt and move on.  It’s a video game at the end of the day.

9/18/2019 1:58PM PDT

Most of us accept the fact that its not going to change. Everyone is beating a dead horse complaining gameplay issues that will not change until MLB 20 comes out

What's wrong with saying don't play? I know there are issues with the game, and it frustrates me, but ultimately I have more fun than not fun when playing. If this game stressed me out to a point where I needed to rant on the forums all the time, I would do the healthy thing for me and stop playing. A video game is not worth it.

9/18/2019 2:09PM PDT

Because SDS is more than aware of the complaints. They either cant or won't change these things, so coming here every day to complain accomplishes nothing.

9/18/2019 2:13PM PDT

The "don't play" responses are really the only realistic ones as most of us know that this late into the year they are working on MLB 20 and there will not be any major modifications of the hitting engine. They won't roll back to whatever previous patch the users deemed more playable. 

So our choices are to accept the game for what it is and continue to play it or, if hitting issues are so bad that you can't have fun anymore, then "don't play".

9/18/2019 2:14PM PDT

Its true, play borderlands 3 its amazing, control is pretty good, days gone is fantastic, have that escape route to get away from the game.

9/18/2019 2:14PM PDT

Is that really the only thing the fanboys can say when defending this game? Do y’all say that because you like how the game holds your hand when losing and gives you extra opportunities by screwing over your opponent? Is that how you want to win? Are you proud of yourself when you get a hit on late/weak and it falls perfectly out of reach for your opponent? Do you like benefiting from game deciding errors? Do you like watching your opponent line out constantly instead of the game rewarding input? 

The fanboys are the reason why SDS keeps pushing out more and more bs gameplay every year, to keep them playing. 

Fanboys  have no integrity when they defend this garbage dump and enjoy the cheap success the game gives them. 

Comment by Rambo_11k

If you don’t like it don’t post 

9/18/2019 2:16PM PDT

Most of us accept the fact that its not going to change. Everyone is beating a dead horse complaining gameplay issues that will not change until MLB 20 comes out

Comment by the_dragon1912

You can continue to believe things will change in 20 but they will not. User input hitting has gotten worse since 17. 16 was the last year that it was close to real sim baseball. I still play everyday and don't complain on the forum but with that said I'm not fond of this years gameplay. The content is awesome I'll admit to that.

9/18/2019 2:17PM PDT

If u have complaints about the game you may not play it.

Imagine still complaining about gameplay in September. The games been out for months the lifecycle is almost over. The game is what it is and it’s been this way since June. They are focused on '20. So yes, if you don’t like it or it makes you irrationally mad then don’t play. Plain and simple. 

If u have complaints about the game you may not play it.

Comment by mitchhammond24
9/18/2019 5:17PM EDT

No, but if its stressing someone out to the point they have to rage post daily then they may want to consider playing less.

Because this is the game we have until March. Maybe in 20 they'll fix some of these things, but I'd wager there will be a host of new issues to complain about.

9/18/2019 2:21PM PDT

You can continue to believe things will change in 20 but they will not. User input hitting has gotten worse since 17. 16 was the last year that it was close to real sim baseball. I still play everyday and don't complain on the forum but with that said I'm not fond of this years gameplay. The content is awesome I'll admit to that.

Comment by TEXAS10PT

They fix one thing and break something else, so I guarantee line outs will be reduced in MLB 20, there will howerever be other problems. 17 fixed bunt cheese from 16, 18 fixed server issues from 17, 19 fixed contact hitters and pitch speeds

9/18/2019 2:23PM PDT

it's pretty valid advice for those who like to frequent these forums just to complain about trash gameplay and to call anyone who enjoys the game little billy or a fanboy.

9/18/2019 2:24PM PDT

I would argue that people who complain about the game a lot and still come back are the reason SDS is content with how it is. If you hate the game, but keep coming back and play, what signal does that send to SDS? That you will continue to play, even with flaws.

9/18/2019 2:32PM PDT

Comment by TEXAS10PT
9/18/2019 4:17PM CDT

True story! I just don’t see this game getting back to the way hitting used to work.  I’m an adult and have accepted it.  

I look at SDS more like content designers than game designers. 

The game plays decent, but I don’t see them focusing on how to create a larger skill gap again.  

9/18/2019 2:37PM PDT

It’s like being in a bad relationship. Your friends tell you it’s not worth it, and that you should just end it. That’s easier said than done. You’ve already invested so much time and money that walking away isn’t that easy. Plus you love them. You don’t want to end it. You just want them to stop destroying your life. 

9/18/2019 3:05PM PDT

I think that if we had competition in the Baseball vid game world like we used to, there would be another avenue to travel to for their BB fix.

2K baseball sucked, but at least it was something to turn to (At least their gameplay sliders worked, lol.) Super Mega ain't the answer.

I don't fault the OP.  XBOX'ers don't have anything current to play and/or complain about.

I'm sure they would love to have The Show, which can frustrate. I absolutely despise how easily the AI can pick us off first base, where we have 0 shot at them.

Let the man rant. Sometimes worse things can be avoided if a person was allowed to let off some steam. Let's not knock him and insult him

with comments like 'play LEGO.' Come on, people.

9/18/2019 3:11PM PDT

Open your eyes and realize that it’s September, the only thing that are being added are programs at this point. And you’re talking like you don’t get the same crappy bloops.

9/18/2019 3:35PM PDT

Fanboi here.

Don't like it? Don't play.

Don't like posts with people telling you not to play? Don't come to the boards.

Never before in my 20+ years of online gaming have I seen so many folks that either quit or delete, lurk and post afterwards.

Move on or deal with it. "It" being the gameplay you hate, or the boards you can't stand.

There's other stuff out there in the world. 

9/18/2019 4:09PM PDT

If everyone that complain about the game stop playing it, SDS goes broke. That's how bad the game is. If you can't recognize it, you are part of the problem as well. When a game comes out in the market with so many flaws it is obvious that people will complain.

9/18/2019 4:33PM PDT

If everyone that complain about the game stop playing it, SDS goes broke. That's how bad the game is. If you can't recognize it, you are part of the problem as well. When a game comes out in the market with so many flaws it is obvious that people will complain.

Comment by Rusty-_-Rod
9/18/2019 7:33PM EDT

That's your opinion. Plenty of people don't even know of or care about these boards.

Plenty play and will regardless of what is said here.

If you don't understand that, I'll have what you're smoking please.

9/18/2019 4:54PM PDT

Comment by Rambo_11k

Have a feeling this might be about me, since I just commented “don’t play?” On demise’s post. I’m sorry it hurt your feelings. And no I’m not a fanboy. But when all someone does is whine about something that they continue to play. I’m sorry but the correct response is “don’t play” because them coming back repeatedly whining just clogs the forum with their annoying rants while everyone else wants to talk about the actual game. @ someone next time you’re upset bud. 

9/18/2019 6:28PM PDT