You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
27 1043 Active about 1 month ago

Felt the need to share the eye clawing game I just had, and the need for these engines to be fixed. I just thankfully one a game in 12 innings 2-0. I was no hit for 8 2/3 innings against Bob Gibson, while i went 2/15 on all swings resulting in 14 or 15 hit chance. That’s just not ok, i know bob is a 99, but i have a goon squad lineup, it’s just dumb to be ripping balls every other ab, too be faced with being no perfect gamed! i know we complained last year, but i think an easy solution is to raise the % of hits on good good timing and decrease the % of weak jammed hits, it makes so much sense, gives user input meaning, and stops letting opponents who aren’t better than you a way to stay in games through bs

9/15/2019 11:44PM PDT

I have no idea why they haven’t done this already, it seems like it should be a pretty easy fix by just adjusting and tuning the probabilities of hit chances

9/15/2019 11:51PM PDT

I have no idea why they haven’t done this already, it seems like it should be a pretty easy fix by just adjusting and tuning the probabilities of hit chances

Comment by c7susb9
9/15/2019 11:51PM MST

Its all about money and the fact of having no competition.

9/15/2019 11:57PM PDT

Its all about money and the fact of having no competition.

Comment by Rusty-_-Rod
9/15/2019 11:57PM PDT

believe that if you will, but that is not the case here.  it is not a simple fix. just adjusting a few parameters would end up making things 10 times worse as well as creating a whole slew of new problems.

all the mechanics of the game are written into the base code,which they have said can not be changed. to alter the hit% will alter the parameters from what the base code is programmed to expect,and since it is not designed to accept such alterations- no one knows what would happen.(  limited space on the disc is what they said limits the program from being more sophisticated.

they tried last year  when they upped pitch speeds and the game became unplayable and had about 15 different "feels" to the gameplay while the tried to tune it over a month.

9/16/2019 12:30AM PDT

believe that if you will, but that is not the case here.  it is not a simple fix. just adjusting a few parameters would end up making things 10 times worse as well as creating a whole slew of new problems.

all the mechanics of the game are written into the base code,which they have said can not be changed. to alter the hit% will alter the parameters from what the base code is programmed to expect,and since it is not designed to accept such alterations- no one knows what would happen.(  limited space on the disc is what they said limits the program from being more sophisticated.

they tried last year  when they upped pitch speeds and the game became unplayable and had about 15 different "feels" to the gameplay while the tried to tune it over a month.

Comment by PAinPA
9/16/2019 12:30AM PDT

While I don’t think it’s simple, I also think you’re overstating the complexity. They had it dialed pretty close to good in patch 1.12 I believe. They upped the exit velocities and people were happy, then they adjust something again with 1.13 and it’s been crap since then. 

9/16/2019 12:41AM PDT

Comment by PAinPA
9/16/2019 12:30AM MST

Hitting wise, the game was fine 4 years ago. Did I just said 4 years ago.

9/16/2019 1:43AM PDT

Felt the need to share the eye clawing game I just had, and the need for these engines to be fixed. I just thankfully one a game in 12 innings 2-0. I was no hit for 8 2/3 innings against Bob Gibson, while i went 2/15 on all swings resulting in 14 or 15 hit chance. That’s just not ok, i know bob is a 99, but i have a goon squad lineup, it’s just dumb to be ripping balls every other ab, too be faced with being no perfect gamed! i know we complained last year, but i think an easy solution is to raise the % of hits on good good timing and decrease the % of weak jammed hits, it makes so much sense, gives user input meaning, and stops letting opponents who aren’t better than you a way to stay in games through bs

Comment by RedSoxWolverine1
9/15/2019 11:44PM PDT

100% agree.  The way hitting is right now is STRAIGHT GARBAGE.  I just love how all the solid contact swings which include good timing and good pci placement, have a high percentage of being hit right to them for routine outs.  While weak contact go for excessive amount of bleeders and bloopers.  It's beyond ridiculous. As you said, increase the % on good timing/contact, decrease % on weak contact for hits.  It makes absolutely no sense on why they currently have it backwards. Get it together SDS, and hear the community out.

9/16/2019 2:16AM PDT

It is as easy as changing the sliders. I just dont understand how when we could use the cheat code on the sliders on our end for moments at begining of the year worked wonders for you to beat the events and get your cap very easy, until it got public on the forum and they fixed  it. I dont understand how in live  series hall of fame events it is way more playable than this gargabe settings they have in ranked seasons specially when you reach 850 and up. When does legend difficulty begin in ranked seasons? If live series vs live series with diamonds you can hit good why is it not the same when playing ss pitchers vs ss batters? I struck out 26 times in a 13 inning  game and won. Something to think about....

9/16/2019 5:17AM PDT

Hitting wise, the game was fine 4 years ago. Did I just said 4 years ago.

Comment by Rusty-_-Rod
9/16/2019 1:43AM PDT

The Show '16 was the last year where skill was king. They've dialed up the RNG and DDA a bit more every year since then, but '19 is BY FAR the worst. 

9/16/2019 7:03PM PDT

The Show '16 was the last year where skill was king. They've dialed up the RNG and DDA a bit more every year since then, but '19 is BY FAR the worst. 

Comment by Studman7
9/16/2019 7:03PM MST

Idk man, 18 was terrible. 19 to me is a little better than 18 but not even close to 16. 

9/16/2019 7:14PM PDT

Comment by Studman7

Yup good players could mash and bad players had to bunt to score.

9/16/2019 7:21PM PDT

Lol, I had a position player go 5 scoreless against me today in an event game.  That was new low.  Squared up a lot of pitches too...  Oh well, take the good with the bad I guess.  

9/16/2019 8:06PM PDT

I feel like it is that easy though, just tweak the settings to make it that way, or at least for next years game, give them this feedback so they know. Its way more fun scoring because you're hitting missiles for singles and in the gaps for doubles and bombs, not piecing together jamshot doubles to score runs lol

9/16/2019 9:52PM PDT

Lol, I had a position player go 5 scoreless against me today in an event game.  That was new low.  Squared up a lot of pitches too...  Oh well, take the good with the bad I guess.  

Comment by Zworld99
9/16/2019 8:06PM PDT

Good lord i thought I had it bad, I may not have had a TV after inning 3 lol

9/16/2019 9:52PM PDT

Some of you want all your players to bat 0.600 and it just isn't going to happen.

9/16/2019 10:26PM PDT

Idk man, 18 was terrible. 19 to me is a little better than 18 but not even close to 16. 

Comment by Rusty-_-Rod
9/16/2019 7:14PM PDT

19 was only better because you didn't have to do exchanges, immortal grind and content is way better.  Game play in both has sucked bad.

9/17/2019 7:08AM PDT

Not sure why people complain to much about the hitting. The pitching is way more frustrating. When I located a pitch that I want to throw in the dirt and it ends up at the bottom of the strike zone. Why would I throw a curveball on 0-2 in the strike zone. 

9/17/2019 7:42AM PDT

Not sure why people complain to much about the hitting. The pitching is way more frustrating. When I located a pitch that I want to throw in the dirt and it ends up at the bottom of the strike zone. Why would I throw a curveball on 0-2 in the strike zone. 

Comment by bskcoop2281
9/17/2019 10:42AM EDT

I’m with you on that bro, last year I was able to win on pitching alone, as a matter of a fact up until about end of the May/June one of the patches made it worst. I was able to win on pitching early this year, now not so much. When your trying to be perfect and are succeeding and then randomaly in the 8th your guy can’t hit any of his spots, everything’s hanging , and the ball goes no where near your target you it gets frustrating 

9/17/2019 8:25AM PDT

It is as easy as changing the sliders. I just dont understand how when we could use the cheat code on the sliders on our end for moments at begining of the year worked wonders for you to beat the events and get your cap very easy, until it got public on the forum and they fixed  it. I dont understand how in live  series hall of fame events it is way more playable than this gargabe settings they have in ranked seasons specially when you reach 850 and up. When does legend difficulty begin in ranked seasons? If live series vs live series with diamonds you can hit good why is it not the same when playing ss pitchers vs ss batters? I struck out 26 times in a 13 inning  game and won. Something to think about....

Comment by gabdelno
9/16/2019 5:17AM PDT

It’s all in the HR/9 stat. I’m convinced that one stat is why lineouts are a problem. When pitchers have a low HR/9 the game plays the way it should. Almost no live series pitchers have above a 90 HR/9 stat meaning the game plays well. But in ranked seasons when almost every pitcher you face has above a 90 HR/9 stat the game is broken. They said they would make HR/9 matter this year and it turns out that stat is what killed the game, and SDS is too stubborn to change it cause that was one of their marketing points

9/17/2019 8:53AM PDT

Comment by bskcoop2281

I think because many like myself hitting to be the most fun part of the game.  That doesn't mean pitching doesn't have its issues because it certainly does.  Both aspects are atrocious.

9/17/2019 8:56AM PDT

Comment by Studman7

Don't be a prisoner of the moment--MLB The Show 18 was far worse than this.

9/17/2019 9:06AM PDT

Don't be a prisoner of the moment--MLB The Show 18 was far worse than this.

Comment by xX_bG_Zzy
9/17/2019 9:06AM PDT

I'm not so sure. I think people are blinded by the avalanche of content in '19. From a pure gameplay standpoint (hitting, pitching, fielding), I think The Show '19 is the worst game in 10 years. 

9/17/2019 11:39PM PDT

You guys want an arcade game.  In RL just because you aim at a certain spot when you pitch doesn't mean it is going to go there every time.  This is a simulation.  The better the pitcher, the better his control, the more you will hit your spots.  Play RBI if you want an arcade game.  

9/18/2019 5:04AM PDT

Comment by bskcoop2281

Lost an event game last night with two outs in the third when Betances threw a curve that was targeted in the dirt, good release, dead center of the strike zone. 

9/18/2019 5:11AM PDT

Good lord i thought I had it bad, I may not have had a TV after inning 3 lol

Comment by RedSoxWolverine1
9/17/2019 12:52AM EDT

I’ve been playing HUT lately and that ain’t much better.  I was 93-21 last year in nhl 19 so I’m not a bad player and the garbage in nhl 20 is worse than diamond dynasty...I get really annoyed with the line outs but idk man.

9/18/2019 5:12AM PDT