You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Get out of RS. That mode is the main microtransaction-inducing mode this game has. The whole 9 innings are gonna play out the way they played out for you before. Like a mobile game that isn't properly tested. 

Go to 'extended play' and go to 'casual online'. Set it for HOF for both pitching and hitting. Enjoy your inputs mattering again!

8/25/2019 3:20PM PDT

Yeah, but for those of us who play this game primarily for DD ranked seasons, you might as well say the best way to avoid lineouts is to go play Madden.

8/25/2019 3:32PM PDT

I like playing for something, you aren't playing for any goals in extended play, plus with casual online, many people quit if they are down because it doesn't matter.

8/25/2019 3:35PM PDT

I only ever once got completely wrecked in casual mode, and I do a lot of wrecking in that mode. I consider myself the pitching rebel of casual but one time a cat completely dominated me. 

It was thizzly Adams.

8/25/2019 3:36PM PDT

I only ever once got completely wrecked in casual mode, and I do a lot of wrecking in that mode. I consider myself the pitching rebel of casual but one time a cat completely dominated me. 

It was thizzly Adams.

Comment by Phallus_O_Malice

Don't forget to brag about your extraordinary humbleness.

8/25/2019 3:38PM PDT

That thizzly dude used to post here is why his name stood out. I figured this dude is probably good I better be on my A game. My A game did not work at all. OH MY!

8/25/2019 3:41PM PDT

Online Rated >>> DD

8/25/2019 3:56PM PDT

It was thizzly Adams.

Ayyyye 👊

8/25/2019 4:39PM PDT

The game has turned into complete garbage. It's such a shame because I love to play baseball. I really wish sds would respond once in awhile and tell us if this is how the game is supposed to play or if they're happy with it or even if they have any plans to fix it. I suspect we wont hear anything until the streams start for 20 then they'll tell us everything is fixed and input matters even more. Fool me once 

Ayyyye 👊

Comment by thizzlyadams

Only bums play casual online. Git Gud!!!!! 😁

8/25/2019 4:40PM PDT

The game has turned into complete garbage. It's such a shame because I love to play baseball. I really wish sds would respond once in awhile and tell us if this is how the game is supposed to play or if they're happy with it or even if they have any plans to fix it. I suspect we wont hear anything until the streams start for 20 then they'll tell us everything is fixed and input matters even more. Fool me once 

Comment by KeepTheChief57

Game not meant for 99s vs 99s 

8/25/2019 5:24PM PDT

Game not meant for 99s vs 99s 

Comment by HustlinOwl
8/25/2019 5:24PM PDT

True. The game is more fun in events where everyone is using golds and low diamonds.

8/25/2019 6:24PM PDT

RS has turned into hot garbage. Almost nothing drops for a hit over 90 mph. It's back to last year where it's just flyball after flyball, lineouts.

IDK what it is but there's something nerfing exit velos. I swear to god today I had a sinker on good timing dead centre of the PCI with alomar only produce "good" contact on good timing for a 97 mph liner off the wall for a double. Earlier this week both Gwynn and Alomar lead off the game with good/squared up on sinkers producing exit velos of 94 and 92 mph. But then I entirely miss the PCI on a cutter that cut into the inner half from a Wainright vs Alomar and Alomar goes yard at 99 mph. Trout squares up a fastball up and in on good timing and the EV is low 90 mph flyball deep to the gap but for an out. 

It's become absolute unplayable trash. There's no consistency to the game. I defended it for a long time but yeah... It's gotten much worse since the AS Events.

8/25/2019 7:14PM PDT

Online Rated Legend Hitting with All Star Pitching is a very very good baseball game. 

It's hard to hit, PCIs are small, extremely small if you face big time pitchers. 

Only downside is no legends or flashbacks or any of those cards, which is a big draw back but specially just game play, that mode is fun.

8/25/2019 8:23PM PDT

Yeah, but for those of us who play this game primarily for DD ranked seasons, you might as well say the best way to avoid lineouts is to go play Madden.

Comment by SchnauzerFace
8/25/2019 3:32PM PDT

you gotta settle for something eventually or you'll never give us grandkids. we want grandkids.

8/25/2019 9:59PM PDT

Get out of RS. That mode is the main microtransaction-inducing mode this game has. The whole 9 innings are gonna play out the way they played out for you before. Like a mobile game that isn't properly tested. 

Go to 'extended play' and go to 'casual online'. Set it for HOF for both pitching and hitting. Enjoy your inputs mattering again!

Yeah but those top players, pitching rebel, Kyle next door, ect. Use that mode all the time and play each other and it is the same stuff. They complain the whole game about it.

8/25/2019 11:04PM PDT

People expect that high "per nine innings" pitcher stats not to matter.  They matter.  Just because you hit the ball well, doesn't mean it is going anywhere if the pitcher has great ratings, and 99 pitchers have great ratings.  I never see people on here complaining that their pitchers are just too strong and they need their pitchers lowered so their opponent can hit better.  People think that it is just because they personally are a great pitcher, but when the other guys pitcher does well then the game is broken.

8/25/2019 11:23PM PDT

Yeah but those top players, pitching rebel, Kyle next door, ect. Use that mode all the time and play each other and it is the same stuff. They complain the whole game about it.

Comment by ChuckCLC
8/25/2019 11:04PM PDT

if one of those cats accidentally matches up with little old me in a casual HOF warmup game i will defend my territory like a pitbull. 

i suspect they stick to legend tho. i hear bad things.

8/25/2019 11:28PM PDT

I think those "top players" are so egotistical that they have some of you guys believing that they should be hitting home runs every at bat, the game is broken, and then when it happens to you then you agree.  But no one ever takes into account the other guys pitcher and his abilities.  Do you think Gibson or Ryan are going to give up a HR every time you square up the ball?  Their performance would be horrible.  Every time they are on the mound their opponent would have 6 or 7 HRs.  That isn't going to happen, nor should it. 

8/25/2019 11:33PM PDT

All of the SS pitchers with their perks will definitely come into play. Ppl forget that. 

8/25/2019 11:39PM PDT

If, as many of you seem to believe, pitchers abilities against you shouldn't matter, then you are not going to ever be happy in MLB The Show which tries to be part simulation.  You will not be happy the rest of this season, nor will you be happy next season.  Play something else.  Something more of the arcade game that you wish MLB The Show would be.  

All of the SS pitchers with their perks will definitely come into play. Ppl forget that. 

Comment by Kalonkjb

Exactly.

8/25/2019 11:40PM PDT

What you people forget is that if I put the barrel of the bat on the ball, it doesn't matter who is pitching. The ball will fly off the bat regardless of who is pitching. Just ask Chapman how that young rookie Devers toke him deep on a 103 MPH fastball. 

8/26/2019 3:17AM PDT

They should give us that option in RS so that we can still play for rating points towards rankings. Of course, only match us up with someone who wants the same settings.

8/26/2019 3:37AM PDT

I think those "top players" are so egotistical that they have some of you guys believing that they should be hitting home runs every at bat, the game is broken, and then when it happens to you then you agree.  But no one ever takes into account the other guys pitcher and his abilities.  Do you think Gibson or Ryan are going to give up a HR every time you square up the ball?  Their performance would be horrible.  Every time they are on the mound their opponent would have 6 or 7 HRs.  That isn't going to happen, nor should it. 

Comment by Vipersneak
8/25/2019 11:33PM PDT

Shouldn't they give up fewer bloop hits and jam shot singles as well? They don't though. Wouldn't it seem more realistic and more like actual baseball if the best pitchers gave up almost no hits off soft contact and only surrendered hits and runs when they made mistakes by putting the ball in the barrel zone? 

8/26/2019 4:31AM PDT