You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I’ve had really good success with Verlander, but the Bob Gibson card looks really enticing with the fastball/slider combo. Anyone have experience with both?

8/25/2019 10:11AM PDT

ive lit gibson up each of the 2 times ive faced him

8/25/2019 10:21AM PDT

I've had both in my rotation for a while and they won't be leaving anytime soon. With that said I can rock Gibson when I face him.

8/25/2019 10:27AM PDT

ive lit gibson up each of the 2 times ive faced him

Comment by PCxPrincipalx
8/25/2019 10:21AM PDT

On what difficulty cause he’s not too easy to hit on hof

8/25/2019 10:31AM PDT

I’m not a fan of either tbh. Verlander, Gibson, and Ryan are all 99s just collecting dust. I find it very easy to control and locate with both Verlander and Gibson, but both just get lit up. Their deliveries aren’t deceptive in any way and it’s just very easy to time them up. I’m stuck in AS hell this season (something embarrassing like 460 lol), but the majority (maybe even all?) of my experience with Gibson was on HoF last season. I’ve never used them in Legend so maybe they shine there.

FWIW: my non-changing rotation is Lefty, Kershaw, and Blyleven, and the last two spots rotate among a lot of guys to keep it frizesh (Cy Young, Caucasian Ford, Marichal, Orel, Spahn, and Personal Klubricant)

8/25/2019 10:39AM PDT

I’m not a fan of either tbh. Verlander, Gibson, and Ryan are all 99s just collecting dust. I find it very easy to control and locate with both Verlander and Gibson, but both just get lit up. Their deliveries aren’t deceptive in any way and it’s just very easy to time them up. I’m stuck in AS hell this season (something embarrassing like 460 lol), but the majority (maybe even all?) of my experience with Gibson was on HoF last season. I’ve never used them in Legend so maybe they shine there.

FWIW: my non-changing rotation is Lefty, Kershaw, and Blyleven, and the last two spots rotate among a lot of guys to keep it frizesh (Cy Young, Caucasian Ford, Marichal, Orel, Spahn, and Personal Klubricant)

Comment by SchnauzerFace
8/25/2019 10:39AM PDT

Blyleven might actually be the way I go. I love his stuff and pitched well with him before. Sold him when I got Feller

8/25/2019 10:49AM PDT

On what difficulty cause he’s not too easy to hit on hof

Comment by danny15gonzalez
8/25/2019 10:31AM PDT

once on all star and once on HOF

8/25/2019 10:55AM PDT

NEITHER !!!!!  Both pipe fastballs

8/25/2019 10:59AM PDT

It sounds like Gibson is a bust? Think I’ll keep Verlander as I’ve done well with him and pick up Blyleven to try out again. 

8/25/2019 11:00AM PDT

I really only play offline but that Gibson sometimes just gets pounded by the computer even. 

I prefer using Ryan and Verlander over Gibson as far as righties are concerned.

8/25/2019 11:09AM PDT

My rotation now is:

1.Feller

2.Kershaw

3.Ryan

4.Grove

5.Verlander

8/25/2019 11:17AM PDT

I’m going to go the opposite of this thread and say I love Gibson. His slider is nasty and his FB hits 99-100. Kinda like a Nolan Ryan with a slider and but easier to control. 

8/25/2019 1:57PM PDT

Gibson is filthy when used on HOF. Anyone that says they “lit him up” was either very fortunate, or playing in Wild Card (all Star) , or a very good - elite hitter if it was on HOF. If you’re an average Joe playing in the mid 700s, Gibson is damn good.  So far for me he’s been dominant. The only game he wasn’t was the very first game I used him and that was in the 600s. 

8/25/2019 5:09PM PDT

If you can control him, Gibson is the way to go. He’s one of those guys like Lefty or Nolan who get touched up on all star (everyone gets touched up on all star), but is deadly once you hit HOF

8/25/2019 5:15PM PDT