You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Update 1.21 and server restart scheduled for 3 AM PT on 9/23/19. Notes can be found here. Please complete all games prior to that time. Thank you.

Looking forward to events getting back up and running 

To me the events will be on All Star and likely are East, Central and West Pennants where you use AL and NL players from each division.

3 SS rewards so here are me guesses

97 - Machado 

98 - Kanerko 

98 - Posey 

8/25/2019 6:37AM PDT

I'd like to see that. 

8/25/2019 7:57AM PDT

Sounds like it could be true, but I dont think Machado will get a SS card. None of the LS players to have a SS so far are under 30 and I dont think anyone besides trout under 30 will get one

8/25/2019 8:20AM PDT

Sounds like it could be true, but I dont think Machado will get a SS card. None of the LS players to have a SS so far are under 30 and I dont think anyone besides trout under 30 will get one

Comment by the_dragon1912
8/25/2019 8:20AM PDT

This is a kinda bold statement to make, you really don’t think any of the young guys will get rewarded? Gary Sanchez was the fastest in the AL to reach 100 homers in his career and the fastest catcher as he broke mike piazza’s record and he’s done it in about 3 years so it makes sense plus we could use more catchers in the future, or maybe a Christian yelich after the mvp last year and the performance this year? Or what about the boy Bryce Harper who got the cover of the game? No new card for him this year? He probably doesn’t stand out enough this one season for a finest and he didn’t have one last year either so could make some real room for him to have a SS. I could bring up some others but not trying to be correct just stating that there’s a bunch of guys under 30 right now that are unbelievable and have accomplished many things making them worthy of a SS card there’s nothing keeping young guys from having that chance, SDS just likes to bring back old players like Braun, granderson, and kinsler, who don’t perform the same as they use to so they like to have prime diamond cards that make these guys usable, eventually we are gonna see younger guys cause they’re starring in the league for real. 

8/25/2019 8:54AM PDT

This is a kinda bold statement to make, you really don’t think any of the young guys will get rewarded? Gary Sanchez was the fastest in the AL to reach 100 homers in his career and the fastest catcher as he broke mike piazza’s record and he’s done it in about 3 years so it makes sense plus we could use more catchers in the future, or maybe a Christian yelich after the mvp last year and the performance this year? Or what about the boy Bryce Harper who got the cover of the game? No new card for him this year? He probably doesn’t stand out enough this one season for a finest and he didn’t have one last year either so could make some real room for him to have a SS. I could bring up some others but not trying to be correct just stating that there’s a bunch of guys under 30 right now that are unbelievable and have accomplished many things making them worthy of a SS card there’s nothing keeping young guys from having that chance, SDS just likes to bring back old players like Braun, granderson, and kinsler, who don’t perform the same as they use to so they like to have prime diamond cards that make these guys usable, eventually we are gonna see younger guys cause they’re starring in the league for real. 

Comment by Chandaman625

The man has a point, people like Acuna Bellinger trout and Yelich have dominated but for Acuna he has dominated the last 2 years so he’ll need to keep this up to get a SS next yr if they still exist and same for Bellinger. But trout and Yelich could get one rn.

8/25/2019 9:17AM PDT

When does the next event start? 

8/25/2019 10:01AM PDT

Comment by Chandaman625

There’s no reason for Sanchez or yelich to get a SS card.

8/25/2019 10:26AM PDT

Comment by Chandaman625

I really don’t think these young guys are going to get SS cards. SS is meant to be a celebration of a players entire career and they guys you have mentioned haven’t played long enough to get one. Every player that has gotten one so far, as well as locks such as Miggy, Pujols, and Posey, are all over 30 years old and have left or are leaving their prime years. Trout is the only one that has a long enough career for a SS to be possible. If Harper was getting one, he would have gotten it instead of the hardware card. Yelich and Acuna types will get finest cards, and why even bring up Sanchez? Who cares if he’s the fastest catcher to 100 homers, he has still only played like 4 seasons

8/25/2019 11:32AM PDT

I really don’t think these young guys are going to get SS cards. SS is meant to be a celebration of a players entire career and they guys you have mentioned haven’t played long enough to get one. Every player that has gotten one so far, as well as locks such as Miggy, Pujols, and Posey, are all over 30 years old and have left or are leaving their prime years. Trout is the only one that has a long enough career for a SS to be possible. If Harper was getting one, he would have gotten it instead of the hardware card. Yelich and Acuna types will get finest cards, and why even bring up Sanchez? Who cares if he’s the fastest catcher to 100 homers, he has still only played like 4 seasons

Well said. People that think players who’ve only played a handful of seasons should get signature cards are just ridiculous. Acuna, Sanchez, yelich, bellinger, judge, etc. have not been good for long enough to deserve one. 

8/25/2019 12:09PM PDT

I was only naming a couple random people to make a point not to be specific, I said that. But idk about that concept. Bumgarner is 29 and has an SS and is still pitching pretty well. If you ask me these 31 year olds aren’t out of their prime at all and plenty of them have ss cards. Kershaw, Kenley, Goldschmidt, Kimbrel, Upton, they may find the prime year of a players career and use it as his best possible outcome for a SS card as they call their prime year the ceiling but you’re not very reasonable there even with you saying Trout’s career is the only one “long,” enough for a SS doesn’t hold up, he’s in his 9th season and Harper is in his 8th how does that make Harper’s career too short? And yelich has played 7 seasons even him how is that too short? And the reason I mentioned Gary is because of how impressive he’s been as a power catcher in such a short time, who cares how long he plays if we’re going by stats he’s done some good things that no one can do. Maybe not the best player in the world but he got to 100 homers faster than trout could and even in 2017 when trout was reigning Mvp and already in the midst of his career he tied Gary that season with 33 homers in his first mostly full season in the majors.

8/25/2019 1:00PM PDT

I was only naming a couple random people to make a point not to be specific, I said that. But idk about that concept. Bumgarner is 29 and has an SS and is still pitching pretty well. If you ask me these 31 year olds aren’t out of their prime at all and plenty of them have ss cards. Kershaw, Kenley, Goldschmidt, Kimbrel, Upton, they may find the prime year of a players career and use it as his best possible outcome for a SS card as they call their prime year the ceiling but you’re not very reasonable there even with you saying Trout’s career is the only one “long,” enough for a SS doesn’t hold up, he’s in his 9th season and Harper is in his 8th how does that make Harper’s career too short? And yelich has played 7 seasons even him how is that too short? And the reason I mentioned Gary is because of how impressive he’s been as a power catcher in such a short time, who cares how long he plays if we’re going by stats he’s done some good things that no one can do. Maybe not the best player in the world but he got to 100 homers faster than trout could and even in 2017 when trout was reigning Mvp and already in the midst of his career he tied Gary that season with 33 homers in his first mostly full season in the majors.

Comment by Chandaman625
8/25/2019 1:00PM PDT

Bumgarner is past his prime for sure. Kershaw is out of his prime. Jansen is out of his prime. Kimbrel is out of his prime. Upton is way out of his prime. Goldschmidt is out of his prime as well. 

Yelich was just an above average player until he came to Milwaukee. He wasn’t even close to mvp level in Miami. He’s had two outstanding years so far in his career. 

It doesn’t matter how many HRs Sanchez has hit so far in his career, he’s not that good of an overall player. Comparing him to trout just because they have similar HR numbers is just nonsense. Guess what? Lots of young players in their first or second seasons are hitting lots of homeruns, it doesn’t make Sanchez special at all. 

8/25/2019 1:25PM PDT

Bumgarner is past his prime for sure. Kershaw is out of his prime. Jansen is out of his prime. Kimbrel is out of his prime. Upton is way out of his prime. Goldschmidt is out of his prime as well. 

Yelich was just an above average player until he came to Milwaukee. He wasn’t even close to mvp level in Miami. He’s had two outstanding years so far in his career. 

It doesn’t matter how many HRs Sanchez has hit so far in his career, he’s not that good of an overall player. Comparing him to trout just because they have similar HR numbers is just nonsense. Guess what? Lots of young players in their first or second seasons are hitting lots of homeruns, it doesn’t make Sanchez special at all. 

Comment by DriveByTrucker17
8/25/2019 1:25PM PDT

haha, you can have whatever opinion you want but if you’re gonna say 13-2 with a 2.71 ERA in a season where balls are being hit for homers way more than ever is past prime than you’re trying to act like prime means you’re the best player in history at the moment. Every player in the league is past their prime if you’re trying to say Kershaw is at 31, and Goldschmidt who is at 29 homers, one away from his third straight 30 homer season? Upton (who happy birthday he’s 32 today!) just came off 3 straight seasons of 30+ homers also, don’t say they’re past their prime; if that was true, why are they still getting signed for hundreds of millions? You’re never gonna make as much in your life as Upton will with his 5 year $106 million contract he signed last year. They obviously know that 27-33 are actually your prime years the only reason you don’t think so is because you think they’re too old to be good right now but yet you’re saying younger guys are too young to compliment them for their accomplishments? You’re contradicting yourself and you’re trying to talk down some good players. 

8/25/2019 3:05PM PDT

haha, you can have whatever opinion you want but if you’re gonna say 13-2 with a 2.71 ERA in a season where balls are being hit for homers way more than ever is past prime than you’re trying to act like prime means you’re the best player in history at the moment. Every player in the league is past their prime if you’re trying to say Kershaw is at 31, and Goldschmidt who is at 29 homers, one away from his third straight 30 homer season? Upton (who happy birthday he’s 32 today!) just came off 3 straight seasons of 30+ homers also, don’t say they’re past their prime; if that was true, why are they still getting signed for hundreds of millions? You’re never gonna make as much in your life as Upton will with his 5 year $106 million contract he signed last year. They obviously know that 27-33 are actually your prime years the only reason you don’t think so is because you think they’re too old to be good right now but yet you’re saying younger guys are too young to compliment them for their accomplishments? You’re contradicting yourself and you’re trying to talk down some good players. 

Comment by Chandaman625
8/25/2019 3:05PM PDT

This needs to be said: You’re a fool.

Kershaw’s prime was from 2011-2017. You only used wins and ERA, so I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. He’s still very good now, but the definition of prime is his best years, and those were 2011-2017. 

Goldschmidt’s prime was from 2013-2017. Again, the only stat you’re using is HR, so you don’t know what you’re talking about. He had 6 fWAR in 2013 and 7.2 in 2015. He’s been barely above 5 the last two years, and only 1.9 so far this year. 5 fWAR is still very good, but again, not his best years. 

Upton is consistently a 3 fWAR player, who has had some higher seasons spread out over his career. He hasn’t gotten anywhere close to his 6.3 fWAR season in 2011 since. He had 5.2 fWAR in 2017, over a whole win less than his prime year. He had 3.1 fWAR last year, which is slightly below his career average. And he only has 0.1 fWAR this year in 50 games. And again, you only mention homers and nothing else. 

You’re point about the money is just stupid. The angels are a big market team, and have lots of money to spend. 5 years and 100 million is really not that much in today’s game. That’s not a bad amount to pay for a guy that’s going to give you 3+ fWAR seasons consistently. But they are not paying for his prime. Also, you aren’t going to make that much either so why even bring it up? Nobody on this forum is going to make that much unless they’re a professional athlete or big time CEO in disguise. 

I’m not talking down anybody, just being realistic and actually looking at the metrics, unlike you. There are already versions of cards for younger guys having great years: Finest, topps now, POTM, etc. There’s no reason to give a young player who is currently in his prime a SS card. The only exception to that is trout, because he’s that much better than everybody else and has been basically his whole career. 

8/25/2019 8:32PM PDT

This needs to be said: You’re a fool.

Kershaw’s prime was from 2011-2017. You only used wins and ERA, so I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. He’s still very good now, but the definition of prime is his best years, and those were 2011-2017. 

Goldschmidt’s prime was from 2013-2017. Again, the only stat you’re using is HR, so you don’t know what you’re talking about. He had 6 fWAR in 2013 and 7.2 in 2015. He’s been barely above 5 the last two years, and only 1.9 so far this year. 5 fWAR is still very good, but again, not his best years. 

Upton is consistently a 3 fWAR player, who has had some higher seasons spread out over his career. He hasn’t gotten anywhere close to his 6.3 fWAR season in 2011 since. He had 5.2 fWAR in 2017, over a whole win less than his prime year. He had 3.1 fWAR last year, which is slightly below his career average. And he only has 0.1 fWAR this year in 50 games. And again, you only mention homers and nothing else. 

You’re point about the money is just stupid. The angels are a big market team, and have lots of money to spend. 5 years and 100 million is really not that much in today’s game. That’s not a bad amount to pay for a guy that’s going to give you 3+ fWAR seasons consistently. But they are not paying for his prime. Also, you aren’t going to make that much either so why even bring it up? Nobody on this forum is going to make that much unless they’re a professional athlete or big time CEO in disguise. 

I’m not talking down anybody, just being realistic and actually looking at the metrics, unlike you. There are already versions of cards for younger guys having great years: Finest, topps now, POTM, etc. There’s no reason to give a young player who is currently in his prime a SS card. The only exception to that is trout, because he’s that much better than everybody else and has been basically his whole career. 

Comment by DriveByTrucker17
8/25/2019 8:32PM PDT

There’s plenty of rich people on here I know a couple haha. I was just throwing randomness in to make it less aggressive haha. That’s not a fair price for a player, that’s ridiculous. Like I said you can have whatever opinion you want on it but I guess we will just see what SDS does, I could’ve used a lot more stats not like I only remember one thing I just type a lot and have to make space haha doesn’t need to be a statistics show I was just trying to show my point on why these guys are still able to play at the top of their game. Not everyone has to be a prodigy and also everyone should be appreciated for what they earn. 

8/25/2019 9:20PM PDT

There’s plenty of rich people on here I know a couple haha. I was just throwing randomness in to make it less aggressive haha. That’s not a fair price for a player, that’s ridiculous. Like I said you can have whatever opinion you want on it but I guess we will just see what SDS does, I could’ve used a lot more stats not like I only remember one thing I just type a lot and have to make space haha doesn’t need to be a statistics show I was just trying to show my point on why these guys are still able to play at the top of their game. Not everyone has to be a prodigy and also everyone should be appreciated for what they earn. 

Comment by Chandaman625
8/25/2019 9:20PM PDT

You know people on here that are 100 million rich? Thats crazy if so haha. And you’re right, we can bicker on here all we want, but at the end of the day SDS doesn’t care what we have to say on the subject and will do whatever they feel like doing. Like I said, all those guys are still very, very good players. But by definition and statistically, they are all multiple years removed from their prime seasons. Have a good day man, no hard feelings 

8/25/2019 9:27PM PDT

Age is certainly a consideration for SDS when it comes to deciding who does and doesn't get a SS card. They said as much during one of the GriffeyWeek streams.  I doubt we see any current players under 30 get SS cards.  They don't even have to give Trout one, seeing as how he'll most likely get a 99 Finest card.

8/25/2019 9:39PM PDT