You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I dont know if it is me or the game, but the longer I play the worse I get. The first season I made it to World Series. The next three seasons I made it to Championship series. Last season I made it to Division series, but this season I am struggling to make it to Wild Card.

The hitting just feels so weird to me. I am squaring balls up that result in constant lineouts, I gotta listen to Vasgersian *** his pants over a fly ball that is caught on the warning track. Meanwhile my opponents are homering constantly off of pitches way out of the zone. I can swing at a inside fastball almost as soon as it is thrown and it will say I am too late. I can swing at the same pitch even later, but it will say I am early. I cant hit to save my life anymore and I dont know what the problem is. I go to practice, set the sliders all the way up and play on legend and do fine, but the second I go online it just goes out the window. I wanna keep playing but the struggle of not know what's wrong is making it not fun. I dont know if it's me or the game, but something's gotta give.

8/24/2019 4:56PM PDT

I dont know if it is me or the game, but the longer I play the worse I get. The first season I made it to World Series. The next three seasons I made it to Championship series. Last season I made it to Division series, but this season I am struggling to make it to Wild Card.

The hitting just feels so weird to me. I am squaring balls up that result in constant lineouts, I gotta listen to Vasgersian *** his pants over a fly ball that is caught on the warning track. Meanwhile my opponents are homering constantly off of pitches way out of the zone. I can swing at a inside fastball almost as soon as it is thrown and it will say I am too late. I can swing at the same pitch even later, but it will say I am early. I cant hit to save my life anymore and I dont know what the problem is. I go to practice, set the sliders all the way up and play on legend and do fine, but the second I go online it just goes out the window. I wanna keep playing but the struggle of not know what's wrong is making it not fun. I dont know if it's me or the game, but something's gotta give.

Comment by B_rody39

What's your lineup like? The game is trash but we're playing the same game so my only thought is you fell behind on lineup talent.

8/24/2019 5:04PM PDT

What's your lineup like? The game is trash but we're playing the same game so my only thought is you fell behind on lineup talent.

Comment by coastereight
8/24/2019 5:04PM PDT

I usually just try to play with players I like irl, or cards that I hit best with. I have Live series Acuña, my CAP, Live Freddie Freeman, SS Josh Donaldson, Live Mike Trout, Live Cody Bellinger, Tops Paul Dejong, and SS Brian McCann. I kinda struggle with Trout and Bellinger, and my main cause for concern is the fact that I have always raked with Freddie Freeman and I cant hit for *** with him anymore either.

8/24/2019 5:10PM PDT

Tldr but it's the game not you. Thanks everyone for reading!

8/24/2019 5:19PM PDT

I usually just try to play with players I like irl, or cards that I hit best with. I have Live series Acuña, my CAP, Live Freddie Freeman, SS Josh Donaldson, Live Mike Trout, Live Cody Bellinger, Tops Paul Dejong, and SS Brian McCann. I kinda struggle with Trout and Bellinger, and my main cause for concern is the fact that I have always raked with Freddie Freeman and I cant hit for *** with him anymore either.

Comment by B_rody39
8/24/2019 5:10PM PDT

Other people's pitching is getting better man. Sounds like your lineup has fallen behind to be honest. I think you'd be hard pressed to make World Series running live series cards at this point in the game. Gotta have high vision cards.

8/24/2019 5:20PM PDT

Other people's pitching is getting better man. Sounds like your lineup has fallen behind to be honest. I think you'd be hard pressed to make World Series running live series cards at this point in the game. Gotta have high vision cards.

Comment by coastereight

My only thing is the timing mainly. Like it just seems inconsistent to me. Say they throw a fastball down the middle at 95 mph. Sometimes I'll swing and itll be late and then I'll swing almost perfectly at the same time, and it'll say I'm early. Or they will throw an inside fastball and I'll swing what I think is late af and it'll say early, then I'll swing at an outside offspeed next at what I think is early timing, and it will say I'm late. Then when I finally do square something up it is a line out most of the time.

8/24/2019 5:25PM PDT

Comment by B_rody39

same here.

instant swing, solid off the bat, lined out. repeat X 9 inn.... poor Frank Thomas can't  buy a damn single

8/24/2019 5:50PM PDT

Comment by coastereight

So I went to RS and just let the computer generate the best lineup for me and went with that and so far I have won 7 in a row and am back up to Division Series

8/25/2019 3:23PM PDT

So I went to RS and just let the computer generate the best lineup for me and went with that and so far I have won 7 in a row and am back up to Division Series

Comment by B_rody39
8/25/2019 3:23PM PDT

Out of curiosity, what did the CPU generated lineup look like 

8/25/2019 4:21PM PDT

Comment by coastereight

It's not the lineup. I have the best cards in the game and was 33-0 to start the year batting .360. Now I'm 73 and 29 batting .295. I cant get hits on anything. I square up all game and cant get anything but lineouts or double play balls while my opponent gets lucky bloopers, pitcher homeruns and homeruns on balls out of the zone with trash timing. 

8/25/2019 4:33PM PDT

I get the frustration... in all the HoF diff. events I probably won 70% of my games... in RS I’m like 5 games over .500 because every time I’m close to getting out of AS diff. the next game I play is a disaster. I realize that I’m not great at the game, but being that much better on a harder difficulty, has me totally dumbfounded about what i need to do to win consistently on AS. Seems like the better my lineup’s combined batting avg., the less I can put the ball into play in game. I don’t blame the game like some people, but I’m running out of way to change my approach and play style..

8/25/2019 6:29PM PDT

All star is a different game entirely. You’d be better suited for all star by sacking your diamond starters and loading up on lower rated glitchy cards that will consistently get on base at that level. Off the top of my head a cheap line up that will crush AS could be:

C - Your SS Brian McCann is already perfect

1B - You can shove Bellinger here 

2B - AS Max Muncy 5k

3B - Many choices here may as well use SS Donaldson though

SS - LS Adalberto Mondesi 400 stubs

LF - LS Joey Gallo 1k

CF - Billy Hamilton works great on all star, as does Andruw Jones, I know you’re not dropping Trout for either of them but I’m just saying. 

RF - Whoever you like again, I suggest Joc Pederson, but that’s up to you.

You want High power, low vision hitters. Ignore the overall ratings on the cards, as you’ve discovered, on all star, your diamonds play like trash anyway. You want what’s effective, not what looks pretty with shiny diamonds on the loading screen.

8/26/2019 4:58AM PDT

Obviously the game does not play the same now as it did at launch so that might be playing into it, but the other thing is that the casuals have at this point abandoned the game and what you have left are better players, so your competition is naturally going to be tougher. Add to that the abundant RNG in the game and to be consistently succesfull becomes very difficult.

8/26/2019 5:15AM PDT

Out of curiosity, what did the CPU generated lineup look like 

Comment by mjohns999
8/25/2019 4:21PM PDT

SS Joe Morgan, SS Adam Jones, SS Frank Thomas, SS Josh Donaldson, SS Brian McCann, My CAP, Live Bellinger, and Mike Trout

8/26/2019 11:09AM PDT