You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Server maintenance scheduled for 3 AM PT on 9/24/19. Please complete all games prior to that time. Thank you.

Participate in MLB The Show research studies! Sign up here: https://playstation-research.com

I understand players line out in real life and I don’t mind too much that it happens in the game. But the biggest complaint and one that gets lost in the *comeback logic* *DDA* *good/good lineout* whining is that bloop hits and bad timing/Pci gets rewarded too much. I can deal with lining out all game and losing to a guy hitting homeruns and squaring pitches up I get it it happens but I can’t deal with someone “failing” on the pci and timing and being rewarded for it. I know it’s a “sim” baseball game but that’s bs and is just used to cover up flaws in the game. 

8/24/2019 3:15PM PDT

The biggest problem I have is when people call it a realistic sim but the lineout rates are horrendous. Look at mlb 19s averages on line drives compared to irl. Average by exit velo is even more unrealistic 

8/24/2019 3:19PM PDT

Well bloops are part of the game. Irl bloops are not product of good contact. How do i think bloops should implemented in the game

Regarding line outs. I have been playing with lesser players trying to do affinity. I think that the line out problem is a OF speed problem. The elite OF that everyone uses are just so OP at getting to balls Mays,Gwynn and Ichiro are the biggest culprits. Go put Springer in CF and you will see that the line out problem disappears

8/24/2019 3:21PM PDT

Well bloops are part of the game. Irl bloops are not product of good contact. How do i think bloops should implemented in the game

Comment by Maverick31762

Something being “a part of the game” is not valid reason for it to be in a video game. Especially in RS or competitive setting 

8/24/2019 3:55PM PDT

Regarding line outs. I have been playing with lesser players trying to do affinity. I think that the line out problem is a OF speed problem. The elite OF that everyone uses are just so OP at getting to balls Mays,Gwynn and Ichiro are the biggest culprits. Go put Springer in CF and you will see that the line out problem disappears

Comment by Maverick31762

Been saying this since for years.

8/24/2019 4:44PM PDT

2018:  Why can't you guys make contact hitters useful?
2019:  Why all the bloop hits?

8/24/2019 5:04PM PDT

2018:  Why can't you guys make contact hitters useful?
2019:  Why all the bloop hits?

Comment by SaveFarris
8/24/2019 5:04PM PDT

I wasn’t aware contact hitters just hit bloops all day, I thought they hit balls hard through the holes and shop at the GAP every once in a while. Also Its not just “contact” hitters getting bloopers it’s everyone.

8/24/2019 6:09PM PDT

Will this become another 300+ comment thread from TroutDagoat?

8/24/2019 6:14PM PDT

I wasn’t aware contact hitters just hit bloops all day, I thought they hit balls hard through the holes and shop at the GAP every once in a while. Also Its not just “contact” hitters getting bloopers it’s everyone.

Comment by TroutDagoat
8/24/2019 6:09PM PDT

Contact hitters in 19 have push swings so it’s almost their optimal outcome to be late and get jammed. To have them sting gappers and home runs, you have to be slightly early, or have a hanging offspeed pitch that’s pushed to the opposite field gap. Most players can’t consistently be early enough to achieve that outcome or they flail at offspeed once you get to higher difficulties, so they just bloop base hits in by being late.  

8/25/2019 5:56AM PDT

Imo there’s 2 things that can easily be done to fix lineouts without even touching the hitting engine. 

1- Stop giving the stupid speed burst to OF. They cover way too much ground in the last second with that giant burst.

2- make the OF larger. Still the same length to the fence, but the OF seems compressed in game. My LF shouldn’t be able to get to a ball in CF at the same time my Center Fielder does. 

8/25/2019 10:10AM PDT

The line drive issue is a combination of everyone using outfielders with 90s speed and reaction and the ball hanging in the air when it should drop earlier, the sometimes seem to stop coming down and hover waiting for the outfielder to get there.

I replaced Ricky in left with Garrett Andersen for a few games and balls were dropping all over the place.

8/25/2019 10:36AM PDT

Comment by Maverick31762

And then everyone will complain their OF is too slow and not tracking down balls...

8/25/2019 11:06AM PDT

Comment by Maverick31762

Most of my lineouts are directly at someone, not usually a ball in the gap that they track down. Also my gripe is not with lineouts its with players like Cal and Donaldson or insert any other high level hitter getting rewarded for missing a pitch. Also don’t say “it happens in real baseball” because we’ve already gone over the AVG of mlb linedrives and the show liners. I’m fine with lining out all day and it being random as long as my opponent isn’t blooping and not squaring up pitches and scoring. If you want bloopers to still be apart of the game, raise the linedrive avg up to MLB average. Pretty simple, make input matter again 

8/25/2019 11:19AM PDT

Something being “a part of the game” is not valid reason for it to be in a video game. Especially in RS or competitive setting 

Comment by TroutDagoat

“I want a sim game but something that is a part of the game irl isn’t a valid reason for it being in the game”

8/25/2019 12:07PM PDT

“I want a sim game but something that is a part of the game irl isn’t a valid reason for it being in the game”

Comment by allday9128
8/25/2019 12:07PM PDT

Who said I want a sim game? Sim style is great for franchise but not so much a competive setting. And if you’re dumb enough to believe this is a sim game.... god bless you. Lineout avg is down .500 points from MLB. Strikeouts per game is down 10 per game from MLB. Failed pickoffs is up 100 from Mlb. Deciding to let the ball just go by you in the outfield is up 100% from MLB. Warning track fly outs are up 100% from mlb. Also I think I saw some headaass say this .... “Simulation? It’s a fantasy card collecting game mode....”

8/25/2019 12:30PM PDT

Who said I want a sim game? Sim style is great for franchise but not so much a competive setting. And if you’re dumb enough to believe this is a sim game.... god bless you. Lineout avg is down .500 points from MLB. Strikeouts per game is down 10 per game from MLB. Failed pickoffs is up 100 from Mlb. Deciding to let the ball just go by you in the outfield is up 100% from MLB. Warning track fly outs are up 100% from mlb. Also I think I saw some headaass say this .... “Simulation? It’s a fantasy card collecting game mode....”

Comment by TroutDagoat

If you don’t want a sim game then what are you complaining about? Complaining that the line out rate isn’t the same in the game as it is in real life sound a lot like I want the game to be more realistic 😂

8/25/2019 12:48PM PDT

I think jogging outfielders making them miss easy catches and them taking their sweet time throwing the ball back in is a big problem that gets lost too. I noticed they didnt start jogging until they added 99 ricky was added to the game

8/25/2019 12:51PM PDT

Comment by TroutDagoat

I couldn’t disagree more. Remember that slogan from EA. “ If it’s in the game...it’s in the game” A baseball game with no bloop hits would be unrealistic and less of a spin

8/25/2019 12:55PM PDT

Comment by TroutDagoat

So if we are not attempting to sim this isn’t a problem then. It’s just the way this game plays get better at it. If you are dumb enough to think this is a legit competitive game you are silly. I actually think DD is a fantasy sim mode

8/25/2019 1:00PM PDT

If you don’t want a sim game then what are you complaining about? Complaining that the line out rate isn’t the same in the game as it is in real life sound a lot like I want the game to be more realistic 😂

Comment by allday9128
8/25/2019 12:48PM PDT

I’m saying they take bits and pieces of sim/competive/arcade style and it makes absolutely no sense. When someone says lineouts are a problem 20 people (like you) come here and say that happens in real baseball. Then when I say the strikeouts aren’t right, warning track fly outs and other things aren’t right you say it’s a fantasy game. It’s just bs 

8/25/2019 1:33PM PDT

I couldn’t disagree more. Remember that slogan from EA. “ If it’s in the game...it’s in the game” A baseball game with no bloop hits would be unrealistic and less of a spin

Comment by Maverick31762
8/25/2019 12:55PM PDT

You come on every thread and argue just to argue😂 go have some fun and enjoy yourself. 

8/25/2019 1:35PM PDT

So if we are not attempting to sim this isn’t a problem then. It’s just the way this game plays get better at it. If you are dumb enough to think this is a legit competitive game you are silly. I actually think DD is a fantasy sim mode

Comment by Maverick31762
8/25/2019 1:00PM PDT

It has always been a competitive mode, but the RNG has definitely ramped in 18 and 19. More than likely this is a conscious choice to cater to casuals, but make no mistake every online vs. mode is competitive, even if some people would want them to be absolutely randomized with no skill gap.

8/25/2019 2:00PM PDT