You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Server maintenance scheduled for 3 AM PT on 9/24/19. Please complete all games prior to that time. Thank you.

Participate in MLB The Show research studies! Sign up here: https://playstation-research.com

12 543 Active 30 days ago

I just picked him up, and wow, he gets absolutely lit up! I bought him for 84k, because I thought that he would be good if I could mix up the pitches and locate good. I've played 3 ranked games with him and he's 2-1 with a 9.45 era. He gave up 11 runs in his debut, 5 runs in the next game, and 7 in the game after that. I won those games because they were on all-star, and I just out hit my opponent . I really don't want to sell him, but does anyone have reviews of him on HOF difficulty? I faced him once on HOF last season, and I teed him up, but I wasn't sure if that was an anomaly.

8/24/2019 10:04AM PDT

He’s solid on HOF. Anyone can get lit up on All-Star.

8/24/2019 10:08AM PDT

My most dependable pitcher.   Has crazy velocity..with pinpoint control.   Hang with him..the AI will make sure you get a gleam, now and then, of how effective Gibson can be.  

8/24/2019 10:09AM PDT

bro it’s All Star difficulty in Rank season that basically don’t count lol,  anyone can get Lit up on All Star guarantee you his a different pitcher on HOF or higher . All star is a slugfest it’s random as hell That’s were you see most of the high scoring games like 5-9 or higher .

8/24/2019 10:27AM PDT

I have a 1.3 ERA with 11.5K’s per 9 in 7 RS games on all but one were on allstar.... 

8/24/2019 11:52AM PDT

Id say just evaluate why he got hit so hard. Was it a control issue or people just hitting the fb hard? Ive given up runs with him in some games and others will toss a gem. Has a lot to do with what the hitter does and locating pitches. I like having sinkers and sliders/cutters but sometimes people tee off on the sinker some how. I sold him but bought him back, but Kluber is one of my fave guys to pitch with so consider him if you havent already

8/24/2019 2:07PM PDT

I used him once so far and he got hit around a bit but really had trouble with walks. Generally speaking I found:

1) Fastball - Sinker is pretty iffy because his fastball command is good but 

2) His command of the sinker is awful. Luckily

3) He seems to command his slider better than his sinker (odd) and it's got nasty break to it

Do most of you share a similar experience with him?

8/24/2019 2:17PM PDT

He’s great on HOF. 

8/24/2019 2:48PM PDT

He’s great on HOF. 

Comment by allmustfall16
8/24/2019 2:48PM PDT

I'm up to 710 now, so hopefully in a couple of games I will get to use him on HOF.

8/25/2019 6:18AM PDT

Use the slider more. 

8/25/2019 6:38AM PDT

I'm up to 710 now, so hopefully in a couple of games I will get to use him on HOF.

Comment by Zakk3426
8/25/2019 6:18AM PDT

You should notice a big difference just faced him in CS and wow I couldn’t hit him my pci was tiny

8/25/2019 10:21AM PDT

his control is an issue. I use meter pitching and always miss a perfect release, losing confidence right away. I chalk it up to my user skills, just wish his control was a bit better for a 99ovr (Greinke's is perfect)

8/25/2019 2:07PM PDT