You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Yea I guess you’re right, records mean nothing. Clearly if you win consistently you’re bad and if you lose consistently obviously you’re good 😑

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 8:29AM PDT

Haha if you grind to WS on a tv and WiFi you’re a damn warrior and deserve a real prize. I’d rather be beaten with bats than to grind even 5 games on TV and WiFi 

8/18/2019 8:31AM PDT

You realize though if you use your concept of “good” there’s about 400 “good players” and about 60000 average or below average players..... that math doesn’t add up to “average” 

Comment by TroutDagoat
8/18/2019 8:28AM PDT

Yes I do realize that, maybe I have high standards for what good entails I guess 

8/18/2019 8:32AM PDT

What about the guy who makes WS monthly using a TV and WiFi? 

Records don’t mean Shhh in this game either. I’ve beaten teams with much better records and lost to teams with lesser records.

theres so many damn variables that go into this specific game I think it’s quite hard to judge tbh.

Comment by Therealest_JB
8/18/2019 8:27AM PDT

I use WiFi when I play... if it really makes a world of difference to use wired vs WiFi, then maybe I should give it a try. 

8/18/2019 8:33AM PDT

Yea I guess you’re right, records mean nothing. Clearly if you win consistently you’re bad and if you lose consistently obviously you’re good 😑

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 8:29AM PDT

Relax txt message tough guy, what I meant was how many ppl use fun team builds in RS? After I make WS each month, I’ll play with lesser teams for fun, or an all mets team, I usually lose cuz I’m still ranked 900sh but who cares..

you do apparently lmao 

8/18/2019 8:35AM PDT

Yes I do realize that, maybe I have high standards for what good entails I guess 

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 8:32AM PDT

I think you’re right on track if you would have said “great”. Good is just slightly above average, good is just able to beat the average 700-800 rated player. Great is a different thing which I’d probably consider guys that get up into the 1000-1100 range every season with ease 

A lot of people want to think they’re good because they “make World Series” but I don’t think you’re good if it takes you 120+ games to get there, it means you’re inconsistent and average at best. People won’t like that statement I know but it’s just my opinion.

8/18/2019 8:36AM PDT

I think you’re right on track if you would have said “great”. Good is just slightly above average, good is just able to beat the average 700-800 rated player. Great is a different thing which I’d probably consider guys that get up into the 1000-1100 range every season with ease 

Comment by TroutDagoat

That’s true and a better way to look at it.

Wait what? Are we not supposed to use WIFI? I've literally never thought of using Ethernet but apparently it's a huge difference

People rarely are tanking their record to grind.. sorry that you did but yes winning percentage is a good way to judge, not making World Series. People make World Series with records under .500 are they good players? People barely make 900 playing 70+ games are they good players?

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 8:16AM PDT

I am not saying tank. Pretty sure I am at .600 winning percentage. I have just never cared about winning % because the game doesn’t reward you for it. 

I will stand by that being “good” is 50% about what cards you have and 50% player ability. Once got “3-4” end gamers I started making WS 

8/18/2019 8:38AM PDT

When it comes to winning percentages, 50% is average, 60% is good, 70% is great, 80% is elite, 90% is godly. 

As for making WS, I agree with you all that it’s not the only or even best method for determining whether or not someone is good. There are a lot of good players who don’t care about making WS, and prefer BR or Play with Friends. 

8/18/2019 8:39AM PDT

I win between 65-70% of my games, and I’ve beaten guys with elite records. I consider myself “good,” definitely not “great.”

8/18/2019 8:42AM PDT

I am not saying tank. Pretty sure I am at .600 winning percentage. I have just never cared about winning % because the game doesn’t reward you for it. 

I will stand by that being “good” is 50% about what cards you have and 50% player ability. Once got “3-4” end gamers I started making WS 

Comment by Maverick31762
8/18/2019 8:38AM PDT

Aren’t you the same guy who said that hitting homers ruins the game/doesn’t take any skill and it takes real skill to use low power speed guys? I’m pretty sure you said that either last year of this year. 

8/18/2019 8:44AM PDT

Skep is just being a Prude, good and ELITE are 2 different things. Imagine making WS 5 times straight with something like a 65% win percentage and then saying you’re “average”.... I’ve played a lot of average players and no matter how hard they grind they’re not making WS 5 straight seasons and would have to be immensely lucky to even make it 1 or 2 times 

Comment by TroutDagoat
8/18/2019 8:23AM PDT

I’ve been hovering around the 175-200 rank on the lifetime leaderboards because I just haven’t played the games that guys above me have, I’d say if I was playing the amount of games that others above me were I’d be in the 75-100 range I think.

8/18/2019 8:45AM PDT

Aren’t you the same guy who said that hitting homers ruins the game/doesn’t take any skill and it takes real skill to use low power speed guys? I’m pretty sure you said that either last year of this year. 

Comment by Harryhukari33
8/18/2019 8:44AM PDT

Same guy 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hitting homeruns stops momentum 😂

8/18/2019 8:46AM PDT

I think good players win 70% of their games bat above .290

elite - winning 80% of their games hitting above .320

of course this should go without saying that they’re in World Series and not winning 70% of their games topping out at wildcard..

Also, yes you can be trash and make World Series if you play enough games 

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 7:51AM PDT

completely agree here

WS is all about the grind factor and how much you play / get on a string of W's etc.

batting AVG is king to determine how good someone is online, same as ERA though not as important as the BA

8/18/2019 8:50AM PDT

I think good players win 70% of their games bat above .290

elite - winning 80% of their games hitting above .320

of course this should go without saying that they’re in World Series and not winning 70% of their games topping out at wildcard..

Also, yes you can be trash and make World Series if you play enough games 

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 7:51AM PDT

completely agree here

WS is all about the grind factor and how much you play / get on a string of W's etc.

batting AVG is king to determine how good someone is online, same as ERA though not as important as the BA

8/18/2019 8:50AM PDT

I’ve been hovering around the 175-200 rank on the lifetime leaderboards because I just haven’t played the games that guys above me have, I’d say if I was playing the amount of games that others above me were I’d be in the 75-100 range I think.

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 8:45AM PDT

Makes a huge difference, I kinda feel the same way about myself. I'd love to make top 50 for a season, but that means a ton of games on Legend and I think the game plays at it's worst on Legend so I honestly get discouraged from playing on it. 

I think I could get close to top 100 on Lifetime if I played as much as most of the others do. 

8/18/2019 9:13AM PDT

I think I’m 107-65 lifetime and I consistently make CS but I’m at 860 right now so maybe this is the month that I make the push! But I would consider consistent CS players good because the average player only makes wild card, I have researched this bc I was curious but bs like line outs bloops can affect this, and WS and above I would consider the best of the best.

8/18/2019 9:18AM PDT

I’ll say I can judge once I get a monitor. But my record is ok never tanked so I’ve always ran out my best team. I think most people who’s played as much as i have should be good at this point. I think I’d be much better if I didn’t drink and play or smoke and play and actually focused. Next year I’m going for the top. 

8/18/2019 9:21AM PDT

Same guy 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hitting homeruns stops momentum 😂

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 8:46AM PDT

Seriously, dudes like you are who ruins the community but that is a total other story.

1. I stick by my homer istatement as it is true in real baseball. 

With all the homers hit in in recent baseball it is clear increased homers does not equal improved players or more wins for the teams hitting the homers. Raise your hand if you think the Twins will be WS champs

2. Back to the point about what is good. I don’t think there is a clear answer because there are too many variables that impact wins like:

What cards are you playing with

What settings are you playing on

Are you using a monitor

How good is your connection.

Are you playing to win every game

imo...if you are playing to win every game, have a good connection, have a monitor and have been using all 99 or elite players early on...if you have below average skills you will still have an above average winning % and batting average.

Seriously, dudes like you are who ruins the community but that is a total other story.

1. I stick by my homer istatement as it is true in real baseball. 

With all the homers hit in in recent baseball it is clear increased homers does not equal improved players or more wins for the teams hitting the homers. Raise your hand if you think the Twins will be WS champs

2. Back to the point about what is good. I don’t think there is a clear answer because there are too many variables that impact wins like:

What cards are you playing with

What settings are you playing on

Are you using a monitor

How good is your connection.

Are you playing to win every game

imo...if you are playing to win every game, have a good connection, have a monitor and have been using all 99 or elite players early on...if you have below average skills you will still have an above average winning % and batting average.

Comment by Maverick31762

No you really won’t have a good batting average and above average winning percentage if you’ve had great cards all year I can give you usernames of proof if you want..

and sorry that I called out your asinine homeruns ruin momentum comment, bases juiced what would you prefer? A seeing eye single that scores one or a grand slam? 🤔

calling out a ludicrous statement doesn’t ruin community but I guess you can continue to think that if you want 

8/18/2019 9:25AM PDT

I’d like to consider myself a member of the above average player group(69-16 record online, .294 hitter), but I would never consider myself among the elites. I absolutely consider the elite guys to be McGunski esque, and I know damn well I could never beat him or anyone like him.

8/18/2019 9:27AM PDT

I’d like to consider myself a member of the above average player group(69-16 record online, .294 hitter), but I would never consider myself among the elites. I absolutely consider the elite guys to be McGunski esque, and I know damn well I could never beat him or anyone like him.

Comment by Trooper-35
8/18/2019 9:27AM PDT

Similar to you my man.  69-11/.310

8/18/2019 9:30AM PDT

People rarely are tanking their record to grind.. sorry that you did but yes winning percentage is a good way to judge, not making World Series. People make World Series with records under .500 are they good players? People barely make 900 playing 70+ games are they good players?

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 8:16AM PDT

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but there’s an extra variable here. Some people (like myself) stop playing RS when they hit WS. Others try to climb as high as they can. Those players will eventually hit a wall, eventually reaching a point where they will play people better than them. From that point on, their record would most likely be sub .500. The longer they fight in that threshold, maybe in an attempt to play better players and get better themselves, the closer to overall .500 they would get. 

Just a theory. 

8/18/2019 9:33AM PDT

Similar to you my man.  69-11/.310

Comment by Hikes83
8/18/2019 9:30AM PDT

My pride and joy is absolutely my ERA, I’m not sure on the exact number as I’m not at my PS4 right now, but it’s somewhere in the 2.3-2.4 range. Anyone who scores like 4 runs off of me on HoF is an excellent hitter to me

8/18/2019 9:34AM PDT