You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

This thread is amazing.  People arguing about whether or not some one is good at a game that is completely random.  A game where user input is maybe twenty percent of the outcome and skill is less important than luck.  

Comment by boudie23
8/21/2019 9:53PM PDT

Inhave been saying this but some dudes care so much about there record and being”good” at this game they have a tough time accepting the truth about the game. Their ego won’t let them realize that most people aren’t playing this game with the same vigor. It’s like the dud at the party who thinks he is a great danger because he knows the moves to onthe electric slides

8/22/2019 3:29AM PDT

i am groot

Comment by Fatheaad
8/21/2019 9:56PM PDT

I know right. Geesh.

8/22/2019 4:03AM PDT

That is sooooo not what this is about. It’s about his toxic behavior. If I were good at Pac-Man does that give me the right into behaving however I want and judging other players. 

Comment by Maverick31762
8/21/2019 8:08PM PDT

Absolutely not

8/22/2019 5:01AM PDT

Hmmm, I wonder what happens if we apply this logic to other things. 

Want to know if you are an obnoxious person others players will say it

want to know if your opinion about how good someone is doesn’t matter, players will tell you your opinion doesn’t matter.

want to know if you are an internet bully other people will tell you

want to know if you are a lackey for another person on this site. Someone will say you are a lackey for another person on thisnsite

tbh i don’t pay that much attention to the tags of the guys I beat or lose to.

Comment by Maverick31762
8/22/2019 3:24AM PDT

I think my logic has shown in this thread.

skepple: others have said he’s a good player. He’s a good player.

mitch: others have said he’s a good player. He’s a good player

a lot of people on here talk about players like rebel, dgoss, mcgunski, etc... they’re good players.

when you’re really good at something, you don’t have to promote it yourself, others will say it.

8/22/2019 5:03AM PDT

Wanna take his **** out of your ***

Geez 

(All in good fun)

Comment by Therealest_JB
8/21/2019 8:14PM PDT

Very creative. I dont agree with most things he says or how he talks to people. In fact skepple and i had our own "arguments" outaide of the tsn forum that people have no idea about

8/22/2019 5:04AM PDT

I'd like to quote a gentleman from our discord group that gave a good synopsis, almost as good as I am Groot.

I think we can all agree that there are two levels of players. Douchebags and non-douchebags.

That is all.

8/22/2019 5:09AM PDT

Might be tougher as the year moves on.  Stiffer competion later on because the casuals have left 

Comment by soreal35
8/21/2019 1:39PM PDT

Sure seems to me like the people with good internet leave.  All that is left now are scrubs that can't pay more than $10 for internet.  Opponents fielders warp around everywhere.  Don't know if the ball gets by the defense or lag.  I just assume it is all lag now.

8/22/2019 6:11AM PDT

I think my logic has shown in this thread.

skepple: others have said he’s a good player. He’s a good player.

mitch: others have said he’s a good player. He’s a good player

a lot of people on here talk about players like rebel, dgoss, mcgunski, etc... they’re good players.

when you’re really good at something, you don’t have to promote it yourself, others will say it.

Comment by Harryhukari33
8/22/2019 5:03AM PDT

Yikes...no that logic is horrible I will apply it to history to show you how bad it is

500 BC - people say Zeus makes lightning. Zeus makes lightning

1480 - people say the world is flat. The world is flat

1619 - people say it’s ok to have slaves. It’s ok to have slaves

1968 - people say Muhammad Ali is anti American. Ali is anti American.

i could keep going 

8/22/2019 1:58PM PDT

When it comes to deciding if any particular person is good at this or any other game, for me it's a simple determination...

Proficiency*41 + Sportsmanship*31 + Courtesy*21 + Results*7 = % "Good"

I'd say that most people play games to have fun, to indulge in a pleasant diversion for a period of time.  Naturally, it's fun to win a competition, but way, way too many people in this world would write the equation above like so:

Proficiency*25 + Results*75 = % "Pwning F001$"

It's really quite pathetic.  ** sigh **

8/22/2019 2:08PM PDT

Yikes...no that logic is horrible I will apply it to history to show you how bad it is

500 BC - people say Zeus makes lightning. Zeus makes lightning

1480 - people say the world is flat. The world is flat

1619 - people say it’s ok to have slaves. It’s ok to have slaves

1968 - people say Muhammad Ali is anti American. Ali is anti American.

i could keep going 

Comment by Maverick31762
8/22/2019 1:58PM PDT

You actually made me laugh. Let me flip it back at you:

A business provides exceptional service: people spread how great the service is

Mike trout never says he’s the best player in the game, we all say it for him. 

You hit a local restaurant in your town that’s great, you and other customers talk about how great their food is.

You’re so ridiculous that I won’t continue to engage with you anymore. All because you have to post defensively about others saying you don’t qualify as “good”. If you’re actually really good, people will acknowledge it.  You don’t need to be extremely defensive about it. Makes it worse for you.  I have no opinion on if you’re good or not. I’ve never played you, or heard anything from anyone who’s played you. I’m just saying the way you’re defending your stats in an attempt to validate yourself is pretty petty imo. 

PS, at any point in your random historical examples: where are you talking about others acknowledging if something is good or exceptional? You just threw a bunch of *** at the wall hoping it would stick. 

8/22/2019 2:10PM PDT

You actually made me laugh. Let me flip it back at you:

A business provides exceptional service: people spread how great the service is

Mike trout never says he’s the best player in the game, we all say it for him. 

You hit a local restaurant in your town that’s great, you and other customers talk about how great their food is.

You’re so ridiculous that I won’t continue to engage with you anymore. All because you have to post defensively about others saying you don’t qualify as “good”. If you’re actually really good, people will acknowledge it.  You don’t need to be extremely defensive about it. Makes it worse for you.  I have no opinion on if you’re good or not. I’ve never played you, or heard anything from anyone who’s played you. I’m just saying the way you’re defending your stats in an attempt to validate yourself is pretty petty imo. 

PS, at any point in your random historical examples: where are you talking about others acknowledging if something is good or exceptional? You just threw a bunch of *** at the wall hoping it would stick. 

Comment by Harryhukari33
8/22/2019 2:10PM PDT

This is like the third time that you have said you wouldn’t respond to me but here you are.

yiu Once again use bad examples.

people spreading how great a business is not totally about a business being the best. It’s about marketing. Unless you think McDonalds has the best burgers. 

trout being the best is backed by data. NOT just people saying so.

a person telling you a restaurant is great is super flawed because they may have different tastes than you. Plus there could have been things unique to that experience. All it takes to prove that flawed logic wrong is to ask yourself if you have ever had a bad recommendation. 

I think the problem is you are confusing logic with reasoning. You are able to give reasoning . But the logic behind your reasoning is so flawed because you use very faulty premises to base your logic. My guess is that you are a kid and never took a class in logic or scientific method

8/22/2019 3:16PM PDT

This is like the third time that you have said you wouldn’t respond to me but here you are.

yiu Once again use bad examples.

people spreading how great a business is not totally about a business being the best. It’s about marketing. Unless you think McDonalds has the best burgers. 

trout being the best is backed by data. NOT just people saying so.

a person telling you a restaurant is great is super flawed because they may have different tastes than you. Plus there could have been things unique to that experience. All it takes to prove that flawed logic wrong is to ask yourself if you have ever had a bad recommendation. 

I think the problem is you are confusing logic with reasoning. You are able to give reasoning . But the logic behind your reasoning is so flawed because you use very faulty premises to base your logic. My guess is that you are a kid and never took a class in logic or scientific method

Comment by Maverick31762
8/22/2019 3:16PM PDT

Actually I was a pre law major, and scored well on my lsat. If you didn’t know, about half of the test is scored on logical reasoning (which was one of my best sections).

Swing and a miss on your end.

8/22/2019 3:18PM PDT

Actually I was a pre law major, and scored well on my lsat. If you didn’t know, about half of the test is scored on logical reasoning (which was one of my best sections).

Comment by Harryhukari33

mate don't even waste your time its not worth it just block ignore ya know

i was pre law too - most boring course ever was medieval cannon law lol

8/22/2019 3:21PM PDT

mate don't even waste your time its not worth it just block ignore ya know

i was pre law too - most boring course ever was medieval cannon law lol

Comment by TheHungryHole
8/22/2019 3:21PM PDT

Haha I bet it was. For me, it was property and estate law.  It was quite the bore. 

8/22/2019 3:25PM PDT

Comment by Harryhukari33

Wow!!! That is very shocking that someone with a law background argues the way you do.

Then again are you an actual lawyer now? I don’t mean to pry I am just curious because I always thought being a lawyer required the ability to use logical arguments

8/22/2019 4:13PM PDT

Wow!!! That is very shocking that someone with a law background argues the way you do.

Then again are you an actual lawyer now? I don’t mean to pry I am just curious because I always thought being a lawyer required the ability to use logical arguments

Comment by Maverick31762
8/22/2019 4:13PM PDT

dude why are you so hostile?  you have been attacking everyone in this thread (minus myself).  i am not having a go at you, just curious why you want to drag this out its such negative energy where we are all here for the love of beisbol

8/22/2019 4:26PM PDT

dude why are you so hostile?  you have been attacking everyone in this thread (minus myself).  i am not having a go at you, just curious why you want to drag this out its such negative energy where we are all here for the love of beisbol

Comment by TheHungryHole

DRAG IT OUT BOYS WE NEED 400

8/22/2019 4:40PM PDT

Comment by TheHungryHole

I should pull the “ong you’re so toxic” card.

After his latest ignorant blurb, I’ve decided to move on from any and all engagements with him. 

After his latest ignorant blurb, I’ve decided to move on from any and all engagements with him. 

Comment by Harryhukari33

Harry my man happy birthday!! Hope it’s treating you well! Any fun plans?

8/22/2019 5:48PM PDT

Comment by TheHungryHole
  1. My apologies
  2. I have certainly not attacked EVERYONE in the thread. 
  3. I came in hot because certain members have been consistently rude in this thread and in others and I felt the need to expose them. I explain it all the way back on page 3.
  4. I am dragging it out now because the same people are still doing some of the same behavior and to be honest I want to see how many pages/post we can get in this thread. Its taken on a life of its own at this point. We are at 350. We can certain make 400
8/22/2019 6:27PM PDT

Wait. I haven't said this in over 2 months.

Nom nom nom nom nom nom

8/22/2019 6:31PM PDT

I’d like to add that Moments suck 

8/22/2019 6:35PM PDT

Myles Jack wasn’t down 

8/22/2019 7:23PM PDT

I'd like to add that the hitting engine is garbage.. certainly this subject can get us to 400 real quick 

8/22/2019 7:44PM PDT

Comment by Harryhukari33

but somehow you continue to talk about me. I will use your rationale.

If you really moved on you dont have to keep saying it. Someone will say it for you.

I get it though. You have not been able to sustain any rationale counter argument to my small ball ideas. Furthermore, you have engaged in the very behavior that I have defined as toxic and you cant stop yourself. You want to get out but your internal toxicity is pulling you back in. I for one am glad if you dont respond. Not only because most of your response prove my point and make you look foolish, but it means that you will have grown. A far cry from when you laughable declared victory and wouldnt talk to me anymore 10 pages back. 

Sometimes when you win you lose and sometimes when you lose you actually win. 

8/22/2019 8:00PM PDT