You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

CS and DS are low level players. Got it. SMH

Comment by hoboadam
8/21/2019 7:51AM PDT

If you have fun though that’s all that matters 

8/21/2019 8:02AM PDT

I consider myself a pretty high level player despite the “low” BA. Overall on the year I’m like 147-67 with a .285 BA. Made WS every season this year and last. 

8/21/2019 8:04AM PDT

I consider myself a pretty high level player despite the “low” BA. Overall on the year I’m like 147-67 with a .285 BA. Made WS every season this year and last. 

Comment by forezerotoo

I’d say you’re a good player, I don’t know who wouldn’t 

8/21/2019 8:08AM PDT

The majority of your games aren’t played in DS and CS though, if that’s where you’re topping out you’re also usually playing players that top out there as well towards the end of seasons when someone has played 80 games just to make it to division series

Comment by skepple15
8/21/2019 7:55AM PDT

Majority of my games are played against DS, CS and WS players. We play friendly games with my unique rosters. I play RS about 5-6 days a season.

In those games, I get to the high 600 quick due to quits.

Once there, I don't start magically losing 7-1. 

8/21/2019 8:11AM PDT

I try to remember that if we were all sitting in a room discussing this stuff, in person, no one would act like this--like they do on internet forums, so take some solace in that. 

8/21/2019 8:17AM PDT

Comment by skepple15

You are correct sir.

8/21/2019 8:25AM PDT

Comment by forezerotoo

mate anyone over 500 i think in RS is "good"

i would personally equate bad to being under 500 - just like in real baseball - who wants more L's than W's

8/21/2019 8:28AM PDT

what does world series feel like? 🤣

8/21/2019 8:33AM PDT

Majority of my games are played against DS, CS and WS players. We play friendly games with my unique rosters. I play RS about 5-6 days a season.

In those games, I get to the high 600 quick due to quits.

Once there, I don't start magically losing 7-1. 

Comment by hoboadam
8/21/2019 8:11AM PDT

I hear I suck all the time.  I wouldn't worry much about what anyone says on here.  I was just giving you a hard time.  I do that all the time.  

There is code in the game to help keep the games close.  It honestly baffles me that people think otherwise.  I could list you several dozen things that happen.  One you can physically see is the outfielders slowing down and speeding up to catch balls.  How many times when you are ahead have you seen Rickey Henderson slow down on a ball that he should easily catch?  This stuff happens all the time in different forms and it blows my mind that people really can't see this stuff.  Can people still beat this code?  Yes, with good cards, internet and skill you can overcome a lot of things and still win.

8/21/2019 8:35AM PDT

I did say good to elite with the skills to match.

My sample size is probably too low because I don't get to play online a lot, I need to pause a lot, so I really don't have the time to play multiple games. I'm 30-21 which equates to 70%, but I don't have the time to grind to ws.

So like I said, I don't consider myself a good player. I can't imagine myself ever making it to ws tbh.

Comment by xxfireflyxx69
8/21/2019 12:28AM PDT

I really don’t mean to be *that* guy. But 30-21 is 60% and means probably not enough games to get to CS. Which by skepples definition would make you a low level player. I don’t personally think that but that’s what has been said in the thread

8/21/2019 8:36AM PDT

I hear I suck all the time.  I wouldn't worry much about what anyone says on here.  I was just giving you a hard time.  I do that all the time.  

There is code in the game to help keep the games close.  It honestly baffles me that people think otherwise.  I could list you several dozen things that happen.  One you can physically see is the outfielders slowing down and speeding up to catch balls.  How many times when you are ahead have you seen Rickey Henderson slow down on a ball that he should easily catch?  This stuff happens all the time in different forms and it blows my mind that people really can't see this stuff.  Can people still beat this code?  Yes, with good cards, internet and skill you can overcome a lot of things and still win.

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E
8/21/2019 8:35AM PDT

I hear ya.. despite what 3-4 people here think of me,. one actual party chat interaction reveals that I'm a melow fun individual.

8/21/2019 8:50AM PDT

Killer bees! I was wondering when you’d show up, good to see you! Hope all is well with you out there in Quebec.

Sorry that I don’t think taking 124 games to gain the 250 rating points required to get to World Series classifies you as a good player, that’s volume, not skill, Just my opinion though 🤷🏽‍♂️ Also if you didn’t make World Series until you got a God Squad and that’s the only way you can do it I’m sorry I don’t think you’re very good either.

Comment by skepple15
8/21/2019 7:38AM PDT

what ever , i dont care about all stupid thing you have wrote anyway i know im very good at this game.

8/21/2019 9:10AM PDT

Boy this is a fun thread to read.

Im most certainly way way below average

8/21/2019 9:15AM PDT

Boy this is a fun thread to read.

Im most certainly way way below average

Comment by the_qBan_1
8/21/2019 9:15AM PDT

hahah yeah right Mr. 14-0 you home run hitting animal

8/21/2019 9:24AM PDT

Killer bees! I was wondering when you’d show up, good to see you! Hope all is well with you out there in Quebec.

Sorry that I don’t think taking 124 games to gain the 250 rating points required to get to World Series classifies you as a good player, that’s volume, not skill, Just my opinion though 🤷🏽‍♂️ Also if you didn’t make World Series until you got a God Squad and that’s the only way you can do it I’m sorry I don’t think you’re very good either.

Comment by skepple15
8/21/2019 7:38AM PDT

Cool...to prove your point I want you to play with commons for a week. 

Also you assume everyone plays like you. If I am not really trying or if I keep a starter in a few more innings to get affinity points or stars that can make a tremendous difference in wins. Not sure how you can’t see this as a fact. 

Btw I am not even saying God squad. I am saying if you use guys who are rated 83 in your line up maybe even a silver mixed in. There is a difference even if I use 92-95 diamonds let alone 99 SS. If this isn’t true please tell me your lineup if it’s filled with 95+ players why? It shouldn’t matter

Anyway, you are not the expert in what is good or not you have your opinion. You just have not demonstrated how your opinion isn’t just an arbitrary line created in your mind. Probably derived mainly to make you feel special an exclusive. 

It is what it is...but I want to here more because we aren’t far from 300. What is the record?

8/21/2019 9:26AM PDT

Comment by skepple15

One of the rare times I agree with you

8/21/2019 9:27AM PDT

I try to remember that if we were all sitting in a room discussing this stuff, in person, no one would act like this--like they do on internet forums, so take some solace in that. 

Comment by xX_bG_Zzy
8/21/2019 8:17AM PDT

This is what i have been saying. So true. Internet tough guys are a real thing. 

8/21/2019 9:29AM PDT

hahah yeah right Mr. 14-0 you home run hitting animal

Comment by TheHungryHole
8/21/2019 9:24AM PDT

Check again, i moved up in the world 😂😂.

8/21/2019 9:38AM PDT

I hear ya.. despite what 3-4 people here think of me,. one actual party chat interaction reveals that I'm a melow fun individual.

Comment by hoboadam
8/21/2019 8:50AM PDT

I am on the 10 most hated list.  

I call a spade a spade and like to see things working correctly.  People have fun with this game and likes how it plays.  They have had more success than ever.  I get that.  However, if something is not working right I will speak my mind on the forum.  Are they going to listen to me?  Of course not.  Put the things in the game that I stated needed to be implemented and I might have to (hold your breath here), praise the game.  I give credit where it is due.  PUBG has performance issues but they are making a few much needed changes in the upcoming patch.  I praised them for those despite being very critical of the game.  This is a BR game (just stating PS4 stats but I had more wins on Xbox) that I have 410 wins in about 450 hours of play time. Point is it doesn't matter how good or bad I am at a game I am going to state the good and the bad.  Lineup diversity has been much better than last year with the exceptions of Mays, Pudge, Kershaw and Hornsby (I think I am the only one that doesn't have collections done).  

8/21/2019 10:32AM PDT

andddd we hit 275

8/21/2019 10:51AM PDT

To be decent at this game you need to be a .300 hitter before you consistently play on HOF settings online.  

If you are a guy that hits well below HOF but swings at everything, you’ll probably never make it to WS.

With that said, if you are a zone guesser and hit well, you might run into a few but never be a good hitter on HOF and above.  

To be a good hitter you need to have the ability to hit fastball and offspeed without guessing while staying on time and having zone discipline.

Pitching wise, you need the cards with high per/9’s.  

I don’t care who you are on the leaderboards or how good of a pitcher you are,  you’ll never get out of the 600’s without a certain level of card to pitch with.

8/21/2019 10:53AM PDT

To be decent at this game you need to be a .300 hitter before you consistently play on HOF settings online.  

If you are a guy that hits well below HOF but swings at everything, you’ll probably never make it to WS.

With that said, if you are a zone guesser and hit well, you might run into a few but never be a good hitter on HOF and above.  

To be a good hitter you need to have the ability to hit fastball and offspeed without guessing while staying on time and having zone discipline.

Pitching wise, you need the cards with high per/9’s.  

I don’t care who you are on the leaderboards or how good of a pitcher you are,  you’ll never get out of the 600’s without a certain level of card to pitch with.

Comment by soreal35
8/21/2019 10:53AM PDT

if you play a lot of game ur average will decrease... that why people who have a avg of 300. Dont play much... what make you a good player is the winning average.

8/21/2019 12:12PM PDT

This is my first year really playing online. Last year I dabbled but didn’t really play many games. I’ve been a nut hair away from World Series this year. If I have the time I honestly think I can do it. My year end goal is just to make one World Series. 

Hoping I can magically get a week off work and just grind. 

8/21/2019 12:40PM PDT

if you play a lot of game ur average will decrease... that why people who have a avg of 300. Dont play much... what make you a good player is the winning average.

Comment by Malikeve
8/21/2019 12:12PM PDT

Face palm

8/21/2019 1:19PM PDT

At least skepple can finally admit he isn’t elite and just dreams of being one. Took some years but we got there folks.

300 coming soon 

8/21/2019 1:29PM PDT