You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

231... Hoboadam's batting average 😂

8/20/2019 6:04PM PDT

Happy Birthday Man! 

Comment by WillTheThrill_7
8/20/2019 6:02PM PDT

I dont get it

8/20/2019 6:24PM PDT

250? I thought it we were going for 300?

Comment by TroutDagoat
8/20/2019 5:50PM PDT

I like to set small goals first

8/20/2019 6:25PM PDT

I dont get it

Comment by Maverick31762
8/20/2019 6:24PM PDT

wdym? I’m just wishing you a happy birthday dude! Hope you had a good one :)

8/20/2019 6:26PM PDT

I never threatened to get you banned, your account showed up after minersville got banned, you speak the same way he does, minersville’s thing was threatening to get peoples accounts banned, I never once threatened to get your account banned.

Your homeruns kill momentum argument is asinine, imagine thinking that scoring runs kills momentum, Harry brought up stats and all you did was say small ball works while not bringing up any evidence that it does, Harry brought statistics showing how you were wrong which you then proceeded to try and run him down because you were repeatedly proven wrong with stats, to the point that someone messaged me asking if you were delusional. I’m done with your nonsense, maybe you’re minersville maybe you’re not, but to go back to the original post, no I don’t think your 56% winning percentage and .260 average classifies you as a good player, I don’t care how many times you “tank your roster to grind”

Comment by skepple15
8/20/2019 4:13PM PDT

A lot of people are very average on here...they are gonna gang up on you because it’s the internet.  

I think it brings out the “I struggled at real baseball and now I struggle at this crowd”.

This community is just toxic in general.  People think they have clout just because they post a lot on here. 

8/20/2019 6:40PM PDT

Skepple u mentioned how even with grinding average and wins matter, but I still don’t see you using commons yet

8/20/2019 7:35PM PDT

Skepple u mentioned how even with grinding average and wins matter, but I still don’t see you using commons yet

Comment by Maverick31762
8/20/2019 7:35PM PDT

He never said use commons lol, he said if you do it still counts, because you have that choice.

It’s all in their view and in the end, why the butt does it matter? If you know you’re hitting .300 if you didn’t grind then great, that’s all that matters. Why does it matter if someone tells u that you’re not?

8/20/2019 7:53PM PDT

He never said use commons lol, he said if you do it still counts, because you have that choice.

It’s all in their view and in the end, why the butt does it matter? If you know you’re hitting .300 if you didn’t grind then great, that’s all that matters. Why does it matter if someone tells u that you’re not?

8/20/2019 7:53PM PDT

No he said that being good which should be a function of skills is still measureable by batting average, slugging and win % regardless of you use lesser cards. If those things are not impacted by losing lesser cards I am inviting him to use the lowest cards to prove the point. By not doing that he is proving that using lesser cards impacts those numbers and therefore are not good measures of a players skill

8/20/2019 9:23PM PDT

No he said that being good which should be a function of skills is still measureable by batting average, slugging and win % regardless of you use lesser cards. If those things are not impacted by losing lesser cards I am inviting him to use the lowest cards to prove the point. By not doing that he is proving that using lesser cards impacts those numbers and therefore are not good measures of a players skill

Comment by Maverick31762
8/20/2019 9:23PM PDT

I’ve got a feeling he could take u with a team of silvers and bronzes. The man knows how to hit a baseball lol😂

8/20/2019 9:49PM PDT

I think good players win 70% of their games bat above .290

elite - winning 80% of their games hitting above .320

of course this should go without saying that they’re in World Series and not winning 70% of their games topping out at wildcard..

Also, yes you can be trash and make World Series if you play enough games 

Comment by skepple15
8/18/2019 7:51AM PDT

I looked at that and laughed a little. Not because of the number but because I'm sitting at exactly 70%. There's no way I'd even consider myself a good player.

I think when you get up to around 80% plus you should, and can be, considered a good to elite player with elite skills that can overcome the rng aspects of this game more often than not. 

8/20/2019 11:36PM PDT

I looked at that and laughed a little. Not because of the number but because I'm sitting at exactly 70%. There's no way I'd even consider myself a good player.

I think when you get up to around 80% plus you should, and can be, considered a good to elite player with elite skills that can overcome the rng aspects of this game more often than not. 

Comment by xxfireflyxx69
8/20/2019 11:36PM PDT

I don’t think you understand how rare it is to play someone who has a win % of 70+ AND plays up in WS every season.... For reference there’s several players on the top 50 leaderboard all time that don’t have a win percentage of 70%. 60% and WS every season would make you a really good player, easily in the top 5% of players. 

And if you’re a top WS type guy with your 70% Win rate you’re much more a “good player”

8/21/2019 12:01AM PDT

I don’t think you understand how rare it is to play someone who has a win % of 70+ AND plays up in WS every season.... For reference there’s several players on the top 50 leaderboard all time that don’t have a win percentage of 70%. 60% and WS every season would make you a really good player, easily in the top 5% of players. 

And if you’re a top WS type guy with your 70% Win rate you’re much more a “good player”

Comment by TroutDagoat
8/21/2019 12:01AM PDT

I did say good to elite with the skills to match.

My sample size is probably too low because I don't get to play online a lot, I need to pause a lot, so I really don't have the time to play multiple games. I'm 30-21 which equates to 70%, but I don't have the time to grind to ws.

So like I said, I don't consider myself a good player. I can't imagine myself ever making it to ws tbh.

8/21/2019 12:28AM PDT

I’ve got a feeling he could take u with a team of silvers and bronzes. The man knows how to hit a baseball lol😂

8/20/2019 9:49PM PDT

That might be true but would his overall record, batting average and slugging drop if he used those cards for a sustained amount of time. If so why are people getting cards. Both things can’t be true. Either cards don’t matter or batting, slugging and win % aren’t a accurate reflection of players ability. If anyone wants to argue that i say to play a week with commons and tell us how that goes. I am getting my *** kicked getting beat by about a run using golds vs SS guys. As soon as I put my SS guys in do they give me a psychological advantage? 

8/21/2019 4:06AM PDT

SS guys give you a mental disadvantage.

At launch, I went 22-12.

I fell to 500 at around the 70 win mark. BA at my low point was 181.

Took me to around 110 when I finally got back to 500. Was literally 10 games under until 100.

When I got to 500, I was win one lose one.  I decided that competitive play was supposed to be fun and not competitive. I also had tons of cards that I underperformed with and ones I never used. Thanks changed my policy and started replacing players that would go hitless. I also replaced a pitcher after his number was called to shake it up.

I'm now comfortably over 500, batting average is 234. Pretty crappy, but considering where I was, that's close to 300 over the last 2 months.

Once again, I'm not below average. That ERA of mine has been consistent for all 300+ games. My hitting is much better, but opponents now have better staffs too. Opponents also have better hitters.

ERA stays the same, my average goes up. I'd say that I'm an average player that is experienced.

Good is relative. I can say that I'm good and feel confident. Why? Because I play the game well enough to keep me in any game I play, HOF or AS.

8/21/2019 5:09AM PDT

If you live in on the East Coast try to find a match on Monday morning around 8:00.  Good odds you will play someone with a South Korean flag.  Make sure you are the visiting team, if you can manage to win that game, you are really good.

8/21/2019 5:18AM PDT

I thought I would give my input. Being a competitive player, I think individuals who consistently win on Legend and contain a consistent batting average is what I considered good.

Now, this is a very small group of players but any other top players would agree. I am not trying to create an argument, just stating my experience.

I always look to help others improve their game as well. 

8/21/2019 5:31AM PDT

Here is the thing. Once I get to WS I sort of phone it in. I actually don’t enjoy playing on the highest setting. I can win there it’s just not fun for me. For something to be competitive it needs to be on an even playing field. This game has so many variables that make it not on an even playing field (connection,cards, monitor, play styleetc). I am not complaining because I have some of those advantages. 

When I play with golds on my big screen with WiFi it’s a totally different experience than when I go in the next room and use my all 99team on a monitor using Ethernet. So to say that a given stat is the hallmark of being good is silly

8/21/2019 5:42AM PDT

10 pages of Skepple opinions... haha i skipped... This guy only believe in what he said... f joke! :)

8/21/2019 6:44AM PDT

231... Hoboadam's batting average 😂

Comment by Chuck_Dizzle29
8/20/2019 6:04PM PDT

Looks like my batting average on good/good contact

8/21/2019 6:58AM PDT

SS guys give you a mental disadvantage.

At launch, I went 22-12.

I fell to 500 at around the 70 win mark. BA at my low point was 181.

Took me to around 110 when I finally got back to 500. Was literally 10 games under until 100.

When I got to 500, I was win one lose one.  I decided that competitive play was supposed to be fun and not competitive. I also had tons of cards that I underperformed with and ones I never used. Thanks changed my policy and started replacing players that would go hitless. I also replaced a pitcher after his number was called to shake it up.

I'm now comfortably over 500, batting average is 234. Pretty crappy, but considering where I was, that's close to 300 over the last 2 months.

Once again, I'm not below average. That ERA of mine has been consistent for all 300+ games. My hitting is much better, but opponents now have better staffs too. Opponents also have better hitters.

ERA stays the same, my average goes up. I'd say that I'm an average player that is experienced.

Good is relative. I can say that I'm good and feel confident. Why? Because I play the game well enough to keep me in any game I play, HOF or AS.

Comment by hoboadam
8/21/2019 5:09AM PDT

Little Billy code kicking into overdrive.

8/21/2019 7:26AM PDT

Little Billy code kicking into overdrive.

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E
8/21/2019 7:26AM PDT

Gee, you must be right. Little Billy code keeps my ERA under 3 but not everyone else.

Skeptical much?

8/21/2019 7:29AM PDT

10 pages of Skepple opinions... haha i skipped... This guy only believe in what he said... f joke! :)

Comment by Malikeve
8/21/2019 6:44AM PDT

Killer bees! I was wondering when you’d show up, good to see you! Hope all is well with you out there in Quebec.

Sorry that I don’t think taking 124 games to gain the 250 rating points required to get to World Series classifies you as a good player, that’s volume, not skill, Just my opinion though 🤷🏽‍♂️ Also if you didn’t make World Series until you got a God Squad and that’s the only way you can do it I’m sorry I don’t think you’re very good either.

8/21/2019 7:38AM PDT

Gee, you must be right. Little Billy code keeps my ERA under 3 but not everyone else.

Skeptical much?

Comment by hoboadam
8/21/2019 7:29AM PDT

This is not meant as a slight but I’m sure it will be taken as one but when you consistently play low level players of course your era is going to be low

8/21/2019 7:40AM PDT

This is not meant as a slight but I’m sure it will be taken as one but when you consistently play low level players of course your era is going to be low

Comment by skepple15
8/21/2019 7:40AM PDT

CS and DS are low level players. Got it. SMH

8/21/2019 7:51AM PDT

CS and DS are low level players. Got it. SMH

Comment by hoboadam
8/21/2019 7:51AM PDT

The majority of your games aren’t played in DS and CS though, if that’s where you’re topping out you’re also usually playing players that top out there as well towards the end of seasons when someone has played 80 games just to make it to division series

8/21/2019 7:55AM PDT