You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
15 449 Active 6 months ago

Hey guys, about to hit gold 1 today and torn between these choices. Frank Thomas to replace Harmon Killibrew or Tony Gwynn to replace Kenny Lofton? Current outfield is Lofton, Ichiro and SS Henderson. If any have used both, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

6/18/2019 2:58AM PDT

Hey! I have played with both and personally I would go with Frank. I dont struggle with taller players tho, If you really need a help Gywnn is an on base machine, mostly singles and doubles. Sounds like you need some power tho and Frank.. he can hit TANKS!  SOrry had too but I strongly urge you to pick Frank, I think he gets a lot of unfair hate tbh I shoulda went with him first but I had heard from content creaters that he sucked, he doesnt.

6/18/2019 3:07AM PDT

You could also pick Cutch at 300 stars or grab someone like Doby on the AH, There really arent too many cheap 1b but there are a ton of OF

6/18/2019 3:08AM PDT

Thank you. This is the feedback I’m looking for. I definitely need some more pop at the plate, but having an outfield with some guns is so enticing.

6/18/2019 3:10AM PDT

Went with gwynn first time around, just scooped frank Thomas tonight he drilled a homer first at bat. To be honest, gwynns been really good as a 6 hole since I moved him from 3 to 6 great spark plug. Up to you my outfield is Henderson in left Ichiro in center and gwynn in right and it's been working perfect. 

6/18/2019 3:27AM PDT

Went with gwynn first time around, just scooped frank Thomas tonight he drilled a homer first at bat. To be honest, gwynns been really good as a 6 hole since I moved him from 3 to 6 great spark plug. Up to you my outfield is Henderson in left Ichiro in center and gwynn in right and it's been working perfect. 

Comment by kidthreez
6/18/2019 3:27AM PDT

That would literally be my outfield. Been looking forward to it for weeks, but of course I have to make the decision difficult.

6/18/2019 3:32AM PDT

That would literally be my outfield. Been looking forward to it for weeks, but of course I have to make the decision difficult.

Comment by JoNSoLo27

I think gwynns the better option cuz he can do everything... I ran live series rendon at 1st till I just got frank and he was a terrific 5 hole hitter he averaged .330 with so many clutch rbis late game

6/18/2019 3:36AM PDT

I think gwynns the better option cuz he can do everything... I ran live series rendon at 1st till I just got frank and he was a terrific 5 hole hitter he averaged .330 with so many clutch rbis late game

Comment by kidthreez
6/18/2019 3:36AM PDT

I just got Killibrew last weekend and when he makes good contact he rips the cover off the ball, but having consistency issues. I do tend to be impatient at the plate with new hitters however.

6/18/2019 3:39AM PDT

Comment by JoNSoLo27

Pick Gwynn and then get the 87 Frank Thomas from the market. He should be going for about 9 to 10k stubs. I picked Gwynn first and he gets on base and his defense is so good. Hard choice indeed. But definitely try out the 87 Frank tho then decide

6/18/2019 3:42AM PDT

I just got Killibrew last weekend and when he makes good contact he rips the cover off the ball, but having consistency issues. I do tend to be impatient at the plate with new hitters however.

Comment by JoNSoLo27
6/18/2019 3:39AM PDT

Frank blows Killabrew out of the water my guy, not even a comparison. Frank has way higher vision which i suspect is the reason youre having consistency issues with Killabrew. I personally had Killabrew at 3b for awhile and he is a great bench bat for me currently. I just replaced him with the 91 Huff and he mashes! Huff will probably be temporary tho

6/18/2019 3:59AM PDT

I have both . They are my 2 best hitters , but frank is the man , at the release of the game it was a struggle bc of the power nerf . Now though it’s a clear choice , he absolutely crushes and tbh he’s not that bad in the field . Yea he bobbles slow grounders all the time , but picks them up and he’s 3 feet away from first so it’s an easy out.

6/18/2019 4:30AM PDT

I have both. Took Frank at silver 1 and Tony at gold 1. I have had good success with both. Frank doesn't live up to his stats for me. He hits a lot of singles and hits the ball hard, but doesn't rip the cover off the ball like you'd think. He also plays a mean first base despite those brutal stats. Gwynn took some getting used to but is the superior card in my eyes. He has an absolute hose and will prevent people from running on you. His great speed lets him cover the ground he needs to in the corner and his hitting is incredible for me, but I always need to be thinking left center field. When I try to pull the ball it's not hard enough or hit right at someone. 

6/18/2019 6:00AM PDT

I have both. Took Frank at silver 1 and Tony at gold 1. I have had good success with both. Frank doesn't live up to his stats for me. He hits a lot of singles and hits the ball hard, but doesn't rip the cover off the ball like you'd think. He also plays a mean first base despite those brutal stats. Gwynn took some getting used to but is the superior card in my eyes. He has an absolute hose and will prevent people from running on you. His great speed lets him cover the ground he needs to in the corner and his hitting is incredible for me, but I always need to be thinking left center field. When I try to pull the ball it's not hard enough or hit right at someone. 

Comment by Fourth-Line4life
6/18/2019 6:00AM PDT

Well the hitting would be my style since I am just late on nearly everything!

6/18/2019 6:04AM PDT

If we are just comparing the two Boss cards I would say Gwynn is a no brainer because he is slightly better; however, Your team would not get that much better if you choose Gwynn. Your team improves significantly if you take Frank and this is what i do not think others in this thread are considering. Ichiro, Henderson and Lofton are all really really good cards and the difference between them and Tony in not nearly as great as the difference between Frank and Killabrew. Thats how I look at it at least. 

6/18/2019 6:14AM PDT

If we are just comparing the two Boss cards I would say Gwynn is a no brainer because he is slightly better; however, Your team would not get that much better if you choose Gwynn. Your team improves significantly if you take Frank and this is what i do not think others in this thread are considering. Ichiro, Henderson and Lofton are all really really good cards and the difference between them and Tony in not nearly as great as the difference between Frank and Killabrew. Thats how I look at it at least. 

Comment by TiKi_L1ON
6/18/2019 6:14AM PDT

This is the perfect raionale.  I am taking Frank.  Thanks a lot friend for the perspective.

6/18/2019 6:33AM PDT