You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

To start with here is my current lineup below... I would say my rotation is solid, could use maybe 1 or 2 pen guys. Im thinking about Ripken and Wagner and maybe Eckersly when they go down in price. Im about to get another high diamond from XP Reward Path and was thinking Ichiro to replace Lofton till I can get Gywnn. Thoughts? What would you do? Try and complete a collection or 2 and work for Mays? 

Starters:

1. 99 Kershaw

2. 99 Ryan

3.99 Verlander

4. 98 Bumgarner

5. 91 Sherzer

Pen: (LS) Osuna, Treinan, Chapman, Andrew Miller

(Fb/L) Hofman, Britton, 87 Nerris

Lineup:

1b  99 Thomas

2b 99 Alomar

3b 90 Killabrew

SS (LS) Lindor

C CAP

OF: 99 Snider, 99 Henderson, 91 Lofton

Bench: 89 Reyes, 87 Parker, 89 Griffey, 87 Pujols, (LS) Acuna *Or whoever has high IE boost that day

EDIT: Ive just added the 91 Huff to the lineup as well as the 95 Goose Gosage. Im very happy with both players.

6/17/2019 11:44PM PDT

Buy packs

6/17/2019 11:48PM PDT

I never buy packs lol

6/17/2019 11:53PM PDT

First time for everything, starting now, go!

6/17/2019 11:55PM PDT

Donate them to me. 😁

6/18/2019 12:25AM PDT

91 Holland looks like a good arm out of the pen. 

6/18/2019 12:33AM PDT

91 Holland looks like a good arm out of the pen. 

Comment by NOTandris
6/18/2019 12:33AM PDT

Ill give him a shot thanks

6/18/2019 12:43AM PDT

To start with here is my current lineup below... I would say my rotation is solid, could use maybe 1 or 2 pen guys. Im thinking about Ripken and Wagner and maybe Eckersly when they go down in price. Im about to get another high diamond from XP Reward Path and was thinking Ichiro to replace Lofton till I can get Gywnn. Thoughts? What would you do? Try and complete a collection or 2 and work for Mays? 

Starters:

1. 99 Kershaw

2. 99 Ryan

3.99 Verlander

4. 98 Bumgarner

5. 91 Sherzer

Lineup:

1b  99 Thomas

2b 99 Alomar

3b 90 Killabrew

SS (LS) Lindor

C CAP

Bench: 89 Reyes, 87 Parker, 89 Griffey, 87 Pujols, (LS) Acuna *Or whoever has high IE boost that day

Comment by TiKi_L1ON

I would say upgrade your 3rd baseman and your bullpen. Than maybe Henderson or Lindor unless u do good with them 

6/18/2019 1:05AM PDT

Starters:

1. 99 Kershaw

2. 99 Ryan

3.99 Verlander

4. 98 Bumgarner

5. 91 Sherzer

Lineup:

1b  99 Thomas

2b 99 Alomar

3b 90 Killabrew

SS (LS) Lindor

C CAP

Comment by TiKi_L1ON

Also I made a post about this earlier but I think Lofton plays better than Ichiro 

Personally, I’d upgrade Sherzer, you can go with Greinke, Blyleven, Arrieta, or Sabathia, all would be a step up. 

Also, Reyes is better than Lindor IMO at short. Also look for a 3B, either Boggs or Williams. 

6/18/2019 1:30AM PDT

Also I made a post about this earlier but I think Lofton plays better than Ichiro 

Comment by Liljayne300
6/18/2019 3:05AM CDT

Lofton has a noodle for an arm, they hit about the same imo, lofton is a little better at the dish . Thanks for the reply!

6/18/2019 1:54AM PDT

Im gonna give the 91 Huff a shot as well maybe platoon with killabrew

6/18/2019 2:10AM PDT

You need Arrieta and Hersh

6/18/2019 2:19AM PDT

You don't need a better team.  If you can't win every single game you play by a ridiculous margin with that team, maybe you should see if those Stubs transfer over to 2K or Madden or something.

6/18/2019 2:36AM PDT

Personally, I’d upgrade Sherzer, you can go with Greinke, Blyleven, Arrieta, or Sabathia, all would be a step up. 

Also, Reyes is better than Lindor IMO at short. Also look for a 3B, either Boggs or Williams. 

Comment by skbens18
6/18/2019 3:30AM CDT

Personally I really like Scherzer , hes just one of those cards that pitches really well every time out. Im starting Lindor at short because he is a diamond defender and has more power from both sides with IE, usually hes at 89 with like plus 12 to R. Reyes is excellent off the bench, 97 speed if i need a runner or need a clutch hit and dont wanna be doubled up so thats why he usually sits for me. I wanted to try Boggs but is he really worth it? no Pop at the dish? I do like his defense but right now im trying the new 91 Huff and he is raking! The only thing I dont like is the defense but its about the same as killabrew. I might end up getting Ripkin when he is around 80-90k what do you think? 

6/18/2019 2:42AM PDT

You don't need a better team.  If you can't win every single game you play by a ridiculous margin with that team, maybe you should see if those Stubs transfer over to 2K or Madden or something.

Comment by PaullyG24
6/18/2019 4:36AM CDT

I do crush people.. what would give you any reason to assume I dont? The point of the game (for me) is to make the best lineup possible. I dont want to horde stubbs lol 

I honestly have no idea why you commented that hahaha 

6/18/2019 2:53AM PDT

You need Arrieta and Hersh

Comment by rosbeef63
6/18/2019 4:19AM CDT

I heard some bad stuff about the Arrietta from a trusted source, hes even the the biggest cub fan I know so thats not it lol. I liked his card in the past but have strayed away from him due to the advice i got, I have heard great stuff about Hersh tho is he worth the upgrade over Sherz? Sherz has a 3 era with an 8-1 record for me (all online)

Orel would cost me about 60k and so would Jake, are either of them better than the 98 bumgarner, he hasnt pitched that great for me but only 2 games so far. Orel looks nice but isnt actionable wheres both bum and max are if a stud is released. 

6/18/2019 2:56AM PDT

I don't see how you still find the game fun?  With a lineup like that, you're rarely playing a fair game.  There can't be much challenge or resistance from your opponents because you have every advantage.  How much money did you spend on that team?

6/18/2019 3:01AM PDT

Actually, I take that back.  I looked more at your roster and its not as good as I thought.  I just saw the first few names and kinda zoned out.  With 350K, theres actually quite a few upgrades there.  Ripken and another elite closer or some bullpen help would make a difference.  And yes, maybe an upgrade at 3B too like an Arenado or even Chipper.  Huff is not strong enough defensively.  Maybe Matt Williams actually?

6/18/2019 3:03AM PDT

I would say upgrade your 3rd baseman and your bullpen. Than maybe Henderson or Lindor unless u do good with them 

Comment by Liljayne300

Upgrade henderson??? To what lol 

6/18/2019 3:07AM PDT

I think Orel is the best SP in the game with Kershaw being 1b. I think his sinker is glitched. Or maybe I just am able to use him better than my other SP's. His release is just tough to pick up IMO

6/18/2019 3:13AM PDT

Anyways, I was in your similar situation yesterday, I'd pick greinke up or do the orel collection to replace scherzer if you're close.

Wait for those 4th inning cards to come down in about two weeks or so pick wagner and Ripken up. You could even go as far as getting all 3 going the voucher and staying up for 18 hours to get the card on the first day like I did to make 300k stubs. 

If you choose to stay away from McCutchen which I probably might do as well, get Ichiro hes a glitch.

In the mean time I think jose Reyes is much better than lindor at SS but it's all personal preference.

6/18/2019 3:15AM PDT

Actually, I take that back.  I looked more at your roster and its not as good as I thought.  I just saw the first few names and kinda zoned out.  With 350K, theres actually quite a few upgrades there.  Ripken and another elite closer or some bullpen help would make a difference.  And yes, maybe an upgrade at 3B too like an Arenado or even Chipper.  Huff is not strong enough defensively.  Maybe Matt Williams actually?

Comment by PaullyG24
6/18/2019 5:03AM CDT

Okay cool, it kinda seemed like you thought I had every card in the game lol, and actually I havent spent much at all I spent like $30 durning the stub sale, other than that havent dropped a dime, I got most my stubs by getting 12 wins in BR and Selling WS rewards, getting stubs isnt hard in this game if youre smart. I invest too, bought 10 Storys about a month ago at 2k a pop and im looking to make at least 30k profit when he goes diamond easy. Thats just 1 ex of investments there have been plenty more. PLus by getting the series 3 collection done I get 3 99 ovr players and I was able to sell Cal Ripken for like 180k plus the 30k I got for the collection, it was a no brainer tbh

6/18/2019 3:17AM PDT

Anyways, I was in your similar situation yesterday, I'd pick greinke up or do the orel collection to replace scherzer if you're close.

Wait for those 4th inning cards to come down in about two weeks or so pick wagner and Ripken up. You could even go as far as getting all 3 going the voucher and staying up for 18 hours to get the card on the first day like I did to make 300k stubs. 

If you choose to stay away from McCutchen which I probably might do as well, get Ichiro hes a glitch.

In the mean time I think jose Reyes is much better than lindor at SS but it's all personal preference.

Comment by kidthreez
6/18/2019 5:15AM CDT

Wow we think alike! I did the 3rd in collection as well but didnt finish till yesterday because I was away for work :/ So i lost out on like 120k there but im not complaining.  I will be getting the Wagner when he drops in price but might not go for the Cal or cutch (never did great with Cals card in previous years). If you had Ichiro, Snider, and Henderson would you put Ichiro in CF and Snider in RF? or keep them in their natural positions? If you move Ichiro to CF is he still Diamond fielding? 

Yeah and I get what you mean about Reyes but when Lindor has IE he is the better hitter, just last game he hit 3 2b for me and i really like reyes off the bench and Lindor has Diamond fielding wheres Jose has booted a couple routine grounders for me at the higher difficulties

6/18/2019 3:26AM PDT

I don't see how you still find the game fun?  With a lineup like that, you're rarely playing a fair game.  There can't be much challenge or resistance from your opponents because you have every advantage.  How much money did you spend on that team?

Comment by PaullyG24
6/18/2019 5:01AM CDT

Btw my team is often the lower rated lol Idk what division you are in but most of the teams in WS and CS have 93-96 OVR teams

If you dont believe me go into standings and flip to WS the OVR is on the right

6/18/2019 3:29AM PDT