You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Yep. 

6/17/2019 10:09PM PDT

They did that in a event last year. Was a 💩 show so probably won’t happen again. For the best anyways 🤷🏼‍♂️

6/17/2019 10:25PM PDT

It’s one of the main reasons I quit the show. Until they bring balls back, I’m done!!!

6/17/2019 10:35PM PDT

It’s one of the main reasons I quit the show. Until they bring balls back, I’m done!!!

Comment by mjfc_363
6/17/2019 10:35PM PDT

Pretty sure there are balls in the show. 

6/18/2019 6:38AM PDT

It’s a rule in baseball. It should absolutely be in every game mode. 

6/18/2019 7:07AM PDT

I'd welcome balks with open arms

6/18/2019 7:08AM PDT

Or just have the pitcher be set already instead of waiting through the animation. But, then what would the R2 holders blame their cheese on if they did that?

6/18/2019 7:12AM PDT

Commissioner Manfred says enforcing Balks in DD would be detrimental to pace of play...

6/18/2019 7:16AM PDT

I hate this. Understand your point but I really don't wanna wait for my pitcher to come set every pitch

6/18/2019 7:16AM PDT

I would imagine there is a large portion of the population that play this game that do not know what a balk is . 

6/18/2019 7:19AM PDT

It’s a rule in baseball. It should absolutely be in every game mode. 

Comment by sean_87_
6/18/2019 7:07AM PDT

So everybody could steal every base? I would be fine with my balks if they fixed baserunning and success rates of steals. Until that happens balks need to be far away from this game.

6/18/2019 7:19AM PDT

This game isn't realistic to begin with so bringing in balks is pointless. Just slows down the pace of online play. If you want to come set every batter then you should do that.

6/18/2019 7:20AM PDT

150% against this. 

6/18/2019 7:28AM PDT

i agree. for guys like myself who use the stride it's really hard to time pitchers when they don't get set. i have to time their quick pitch, runners on base, and no runners on . 3 different timing. 

when guys are up there throwing 7 pitches in 12 seconds it's extremely difficult and completely unfair. i shouldn't be forced to play buttons or directional just cause scrubs think quick pitching is strategy. 

it's straight up *** cheese

6/19/2019 1:45AM PDT

I also think quick pitching with runners on causes delay in the opponents swing. i can never seem to catch up to a fastball when they don't get set. with guys having *** connections and the last pitch is still showing on the screen they really need to turn Balks on. pace of play? it's *** baseball,

*** casuals turning this game to ***...

6/19/2019 1:49AM PDT

Played in a league that used balks and it made me a better pitcher as it it forced me to take my time. Wouldn't bother me a bit if it were added.

6/19/2019 2:48AM PDT

Played in a league a couple versions of the show ago and absolutely hated it! Use R2 or whatever to stall the pitcher but balks do not belong anywhere near DD. 

6/19/2019 3:31AM PDT

I thought this was a troll post. Why would you want to make the game slower?

6/19/2019 4:02AM PDT

Yes, all the yes in the world...you dont even have to come fully set with guys like kershaw with balks in online chise in the past, literally just pause for half a second instead of spazzing and screwing up the animations on deliveries...with the latency in the game this also *** over the jumps guys get on steals and creates a delay.  I know all the adhd guys hate having to play real baseball but it will help lessen the toxicity of R2 wars, cheesing slide step without guys on and screwing up jumps on steals due to ping

6/19/2019 5:16AM PDT

i agree. for guys like myself who use the stride it's really hard to time pitchers when they don't get set. i have to time their quick pitch, runners on base, and no runners on . 3 different timing. 

when guys are up there throwing 7 pitches in 12 seconds it's extremely difficult and completely unfair. i shouldn't be forced to play buttons or directional just cause scrubs think quick pitching is strategy. 

it's straight up *** cheese

Comment by Northern_Sparks
6/19/2019 1:45AM PDT

Yep exactly, screws batters up and also the animations

6/19/2019 5:17AM PDT

I also think quick pitching with runners on causes delay in the opponents swing. i can never seem to catch up to a fastball when they don't get set. with guys having *** connections and the last pitch is still showing on the screen they really need to turn Balks on. pace of play? it's *** baseball,

*** casuals turning this game to ***...

Comment by Northern_Sparks
6/19/2019 1:49AM PDT

Casuals are what allow this game to exist.

6/19/2019 5:23AM PDT

This isn’t real baseball😡😡 I want real baseball if it is the most time slowing and almost pointless feature😡😡 I cant catch up to a fastball so I’m going to blame casuals😡😡

6/19/2019 5:30AM PDT

This isn’t real baseball😡😡 I want real baseball if it is the most time slowing and almost pointless feature😡😡 I cant catch up to a fastball so I’m going to blame casuals😡😡

Comment by FranklinSabers16
6/19/2019 5:30AM PDT

Its not pointless with how the netcode is in this game and how animations work it absolutely affects how the pitches come in and the timing for both hitting and stealing.  The solution right now is holding R2 and that turns into a pissing match of the other guy being a *** and holding it for 15 seconds every pitch in response 50% of time.  Implementing a delay that forces a small set or turning balks on would greatly improve QOL in online play, no doubt about it

6/19/2019 6:33AM PDT

Nope.

Its not pointless with how the netcode is in this game and how animations work it absolutely affects how the pitches come in and the timing for both hitting and stealing.  The solution right now is holding R2 and that turns into a pissing match of the other guy being a *** and holding it for 15 seconds every pitch in response 50% of time.  Implementing a delay that forces a small set or turning balks on would greatly improve QOL in online play, no doubt about it

Comment by greenbuk75

I don’t do it but I learned to hit it, they lose control on pitches like that

6/19/2019 6:39AM PDT