You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I haven’t made WS in a long time. Last time I made WS was 2017. I made it 5 times that year. A WS banner didn’t scare me at all. I also went 12-0 once. It’s very difficult to go 12-0 and I think those rewards should be the best cards!! Whenever I went up against someone flying the 12-0 banner I knew I had to bring it!

6/17/2019 11:10PM PDT

No, not anyone can buy them. McCovey and Felix are both going for over 300,000 stubs. Tons of people don't have those kind of stubs available to spend. 

And that's ok! That's what I'm saying. It's ok that those cards are hard to get. But nobody cares that they're hard to get and there's no point in trying to get them because comparable cards are achieved significantly easier in other ways. 

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x
6/18/2019 12:49AM BST

So you just buy 300k worth of stubs and purchase them. Then we are back to square one with you crying about people having elite cards but not “deserving” them. 

6/18/2019 1:07AM PDT

Sooooo, what’s your team looking like, OP?

Because if it’s so easy to get elite cards at every position, you should have a stacked lineup as well. 

And if you’re stacked, and you’re opponent is stacked, then it’s an even matchup and may the best player win (most of the time). 

Or do you want only people with deep pockets to have good lineups? Or only people who can make WS, and therefore have an even better lineup than those who aren’t as good at the game?

I just don’t really follow you here. Nor do I follow blaming an entire generation of people for whatever you feel is wrong with the game.

Blaming “millennials” for everything you don’t like is so trendy....

Following trends...how very....millennial of you... 

Comment by maurice91932
6/17/2019 6:27PM CDT

Well said my friend, well said.

6/18/2019 4:24AM PDT

I'll be honest, I have yet to meet a millennial that hasn't had to Google how to start a fire, and maybe that's just because I am surrounded by idiot's but let's be honest Millennials and generations after them are as useful as syphilis.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 7:44PM CDT

Seriously??? You must not know many millennials from the country lol any 5 year old around here knows how to start a fire lol (not saying thats a good thing either!)

6/18/2019 4:28AM PDT

I'm a millennial myself and I'll complain all day because we suck a huge one. And I'm not blaming an entire generation for this. That was obviously hyberbole. Way to take something literally that anyone with a modicum of critical thinking ability could decipher the correct way. How very... millennial of you. 

That being said, there would be NOTHING wrong with people who make WS having cards that make them better. They earned them. What's wrong with that? I'm probably never going to earn a flawless reward and that's totally ok! But what's the point of even trying this year when you can just be handed comparable cards simply for having the skill of picking up a controller. 

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x
6/17/2019 6:38PM CDT

Hey man you seem like a smart kid, I admire the vocab usage you must read a lot. Anyway Im gonna have to side with Maurice on this. I'm a WS caliber player and have been for years. I personally like it when my opponent has a comparable team to mine, I would rather my skill separate me from my opponent than just my OVR. I have had less rage quits and little to no messages crying about how I spend soooo much $ ( I don't btw). You are kinda making the "Keeping the rich richer and the poor poorer (when i say this Im talking about the OVR gap not economics)" argument which I do not agree with but that is really apples to oranges. All I am saying is tyr to look at the community as a whole, those of us that hit WS are really just a small representation of the player base. Try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who is an avg or slightly above avg player who also has 20hrs of classes or works a full time job. They wont have a chance of making it in ranked unless they wanna drop $$ on the game.  Also if you dont like being called out on the millennial hyperbole then maybe stop using it? I honestly dont get the trend FBE React on YouTube made a funny video on it acutally and it really makes no sense in a lot of cases lol

(P.S.- technically Im gen Z (born late 90s) but im basically a millennial) being in the crossroads kinda sucks! No generation to call my own... but I digress,  anyways have a good one. 

6/18/2019 4:42AM PDT

If everyone has elite players then there is parity. Nothing wrong with that and as a gen Xer there is nothing wrong with millennials except the gen x people acting like self righteous baby boomers

6/18/2019 4:45AM PDT

The worst kind of people are the ones that complain about a specific generation because they thing they are blaming them is never their fault. OP just wants attention and to vent bc hes not good at the game. Next

6/18/2019 4:58AM PDT

in Canada we call that French Toast.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 4:24PM PDT

We absolutely do not. French toast is bread dipped in egg and fried. Cinnamon toast is toast with butter, sugar (usually brown sugar) and cinnamon. 

FYI to all the yanks reading this, if you come up north and order bacon, you will get bacon. Most of Canada calls Canadian bacon what it is - ham (more specifically the stuff that comes on your egg McMuffins). 

Also OP, to your actual point, I don't think the system they used is broken or too generous seeing how everyone has the same opportunities. But I would agree that they should have started lower and scaled more appropriately. There's no reason the team collection rewards should be mostly unusable at this point in the season. We should just now be getting 95ish overall cards from the programs rather than 99's for the second straight month. If they did this, live series cards would be more useful and in turn more expensive and less people would have Mays and other top tier collections like last year. 

6/18/2019 5:08AM PDT

Awesome how older people blame millennials for all that is wrong when they're the ones that raised them.

6/18/2019 5:26AM PDT

We absolutely do not. French toast is bread dipped in egg and fried. Cinnamon toast is toast with butter, sugar (usually brown sugar) and cinnamon. 

FYI to all the yanks reading this, if you come up north and order bacon, you will get bacon. Most of Canada calls Canadian bacon what it is - ham (more specifically the stuff that comes on your egg McMuffins). 

Also OP, to your actual point, I don't think the system they used is broken or too generous seeing how everyone has the same opportunities. But I would agree that they should have started lower and scaled more appropriately. There's no reason the team collection rewards should be mostly unusable at this point in the season. We should just now be getting 95ish overall cards from the programs rather than 99's for the second straight month. If they did this, live series cards would be more useful and in turn more expensive and less people would have Mays and other top tier collections like last year. 

Comment by Fourth-Line4life
6/18/2019 7:08AM CDT

Thanks for clearing up the food stuff lol

Great point tho I would have preferred that they do as you suggest. The cards shouldve went plus 1 until hitting 99

6/18/2019 5:39AM PDT

I think The funniest thing about this post is the title “the most millennial game ever”. Yeah my generation can be the worst but the oldest millennials are almost 40. I doubt SDS gives two flying f*ucks how many people 40+ buy this game

6/18/2019 5:40AM PDT