You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

DD became an Online only game mode this year, because a bunch of children who claim to be "elite" gamers/adults cried about people being able to earn the same rewards as them offline..."I am so elite that I dont want to have to use my gold larry doby offline in rookie vs. cpu (even though its not required to use him offline). SDS turned DD into an overpriced baseball card binder...but hey at least the "Elites" are happy...

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 4:50PM PDT

I'm not sure how you can claim it's online only when literally all the best cards can be earned entirely offline. The program rewards and experience rewards are the best cards and can be earned with minimal skill and enough time spent. You don't have to touch a H2H game mode.

6/17/2019 4:56PM PDT

Offline players can get the program rewards and the experience level rewards which are the best cards in the game right now...

You could EASILY put diamonds at every position without touching any sort of H2H game mode. And probably have 90+ diamonds at most spots and a whole grip of 99s if you've leveled up your experience enough (which takes only time)

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x
6/17/2019 4:53PM PDT

I understand that, but last year and years before offline players could build a team through grinding, now its a specific set of players, granted they aren't terrible...but I shouldn't have to specifically play online to earn the best players, yes their should be rewards for WS but not the best god damn players, my last BR game I threw Gwynn out by a mile, but Reyes decided to just hold the ball and not tag him so how am I supposed to win BR games like that?...I am just asking for programs and some stat grinds back, even if they aren't end game players, give me something other to do than play RS and be frustrated by Very late/jammed hits just over my 3B head. But naw, that would just be to hard, to much to handle for these elite's, you know having to use a diamond Griffey with 90 power to hit 10 hr's.

6/17/2019 5:01PM PDT

I'm not sure how you can claim it's online only when literally all the best cards can be earned entirely offline. The program rewards and experience rewards are the best cards and can be earned with minimal skill and enough time spent. You don't have to touch a H2H game mode.

6/17/2019 4:56PM PDT

They aren't the best players though are they?, speed and contact kills in this game so maybe Gwynn is an end game player when it comes to 100 level players, Ichiro and Kershaw are probably end game players for 75...yet you have top SS shortstops, catchers and pitchers coming out for BR and WS awards, and those are end game players...yea, they gave you a couple of 99 graphic players but outside of Morgan and Gwynn the rest are worthless with the way the game plays right now.

6/17/2019 5:04PM PDT

You do realize almost every millennial is over 20 right? That the new teenagers are Gen Z? Millennial is overused as an insult.

6/17/2019 5:08PM PDT

You do realize almost every millennial is over 20 right? That the new teenagers are Gen Z? Millennial is overused as an insult.

Comment by eatyum
6/17/2019 5:08PM PDT

Only Millennials think Millennial is over used as an insult. Just Google Millennial and see how many Millennial's have destroyed the Millennial reputation with their absolute stupidity.

6/17/2019 5:11PM PDT

I understand that, but last year and years before offline players could build a team through grinding, now its a specific set of players, granted they aren't terrible...but I shouldn't have to specifically play online to earn the best players, yes their should be rewards for WS but not the best god damn players, my last BR game I threw Gwynn out by a mile, but Reyes decided to just hold the ball and not tag him so how am I supposed to win BR games like that?...I am just asking for programs and some stat grinds back, even if they aren't end game players, give me something other to do than play RS and be frustrated by Very late/jammed hits just over my 3B head. But naw, that would just be to hard, to much to handle for these elite's, you know having to use a diamond Griffey with 90 power to hit 10 hr's.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 5:01PM PDT

I totally get it. Some people want to grind rather than play H2H.

But if the grind is easier than making WS then the rewards shouldn't be as good OR give high-level rewards for grinding but make the difficulty of the grind comparable to going 12-0 or making WS. Either one I think would be a better than what they have now which is essentially equal (or better) rewards for far less work or skill. 

And PS: if people want to whine that the grind is "too hard" for the grind reward, then I'd tell them the same thing! If there was offline stuff that was equally as difficult as making WS (and time consuming DOES NOT equal difficult in my book so let's not rehash last year's grind debacle) and gave equal but different rewards, THAT would be really interesting. Especially if the offline updated as often as ranked seasons so you had to make a choice every month what to go after! 

6/17/2019 5:12PM PDT

They aren't the best players though are they?, speed and contact kills in this game so maybe Gwynn is an end game player when it comes to 100 level players, Ichiro and Kershaw are probably end game players for 75...yet you have top SS shortstops, catchers and pitchers coming out for BR and WS awards, and those are end game players...yea, they gave you a couple of 99 graphic players but outside of Morgan and Gwynn the rest are worthless with the way the game plays right now.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 5:04PM PDT

Except the best pitcher (SS Kershaw) and best shortstop (SS Ripken) are offline rewards lol

And of contact/speed kills, then Ricky is a top-end card and he's another offline reward 

6/17/2019 5:14PM PDT

Only Millennials think Millennial is over used as an insult. Just Google Millennial and see how many Millennial's have destroyed the Millennial reputation with their absolute stupidity.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 5:11PM PDT

There are terrible people in every generation... of course, if you google millennial it will come up with results of people being idiots, that is not inherent to that generation. I am not saying that my generation should be free of insult, we have done a ton of dumb things, but generally when the word millennial is used now, it is pointed at groups that actually aren't millennial, like Gen Z.

I totally get it. Some people want to grind rather than play H2H.

But if the grind is easier than making WS then the rewards shouldn't be as good OR give high-level rewards for grinding but make the difficulty of the grind comparable to going 12-0 or making WS. Either one I think would be a better than what they have now which is essentially equal (or better) rewards for far less work or skill. 

And PS: if people want to whine that the grind is "too hard" for the grind reward, then I'd tell them the same thing! If there was offline stuff that was equally as difficult as making WS (and time consuming DOES NOT equal difficult in my book so let's not rehash last year's grind debacle) and gave equal but different rewards, THAT would be really interesting. Especially if the offline updated as often as ranked seasons so you had to make a choice every month what to go after! 

6/17/2019 5:12PM PDT

there is no grind this year, because the online community cried about it, "it was too hard", I am not even asking for equal awards for offline players, but give us some options for Christ sake. This year is just frustration for me, at least last year when I was frustrated I could go offline, now I don't have a choice, its play shitty moments or play RS and hope you get some quits to get to WS, which whether these "Elites" want to admit or not is how they get to WS.

6/17/2019 5:17PM PDT

Except the best pitcher (SS Kershaw) and best shortstop (SS Ripken) are offline rewards lol

And of contact/speed kills, then Ricky is a top-end card and he's another offline reward 

They aren't though, SS Kershaw is a beast yes, but SS Greinke is better, SS Cal doesn't compare to a gapper from AS 89 Reyes and his 97 speed....that is because how the game is set up, speed and contact kill's, sure Cal will get you hit's but he isn't stretching a single into a triple.

6/17/2019 5:20PM PDT

No way man. I love facing Ryan and Kershaw every game!!!!!!!!! Woooohooo!!!!!!!!

6/17/2019 5:22PM PDT

Here's what I'd do to fix both last year's problem and this year's problem:

Go back to the ticket system (buying non-LS cards with tickets earned).  Make it so instead of the gold and diamond "choice packs" unlocking at different exp levels and star levels, tickets unlock instead.  Then add tickets to the inning Conquest games, Moments, etc.  Then make tickets rewards for the online modes as well.

Each "inning" add progressively better cards to the ticket store, however balance the costs vrs. earning paths so you would have to earn tickets online in addition to the other modes in order to afford the best cards.  If someone wanted to stick to the offline modes, then they would earn tickets to buy some diamonds, but maybe not the best ones. 

Let's say in a particular inning I do enough of the offline content equivalent to getting 300 stars and 50 exp path levels, I'd get enough tickets to buy a couple of diamonds maybe 85 - 90 range, or maybe one 95 diamond.  The 99 diamonds would take all of that plus earning tickets through online stuff.  So the offline players would still have improved DD rosters, but the hardcore online players would have even better rosters.

Basically, as an offline player I want to be able to improve my roster through effort and game content...but I don't expect to be able to field the same squad as the hardcore online player.

6/17/2019 5:36PM PDT

Here's what I'd do to fix both last year's problem and this year's problem:

Go back to the ticket system (buying non-LS cards with tickets earned).  Make it so instead of the gold and diamond "choice packs" unlocking at different exp levels and star levels, tickets unlock instead.  Then add tickets to the inning Conquest games, Moments, etc.  Then make tickets rewards for the online modes as well.

Each "inning" add progressively better cards to the ticket store, however balance the costs vrs. earning paths so you would have to earn tickets online in addition to the other modes in order to afford the best cards.  If someone wanted to stick to the offline modes, then they would earn tickets to buy some diamonds, but maybe not the best ones. 

Let's say in a particular inning I do enough of the offline content equivalent to getting 300 stars and 50 exp path levels, I'd get enough tickets to buy a couple of diamonds maybe 85 - 90 range, or maybe one 95 diamond.  The 99 diamonds would take all of that plus earning tickets through online stuff.  So the offline players would still have improved DD rosters, but the hardcore online players would have even better rosters.

Basically, as an offline player I want to be able to improve my roster through effort and game content...but I don't expect to be able to field the same squad as the hardcore online player.

Comment by Precisionist99
6/17/2019 5:36PM PDT

way tooo complicated for the grade 10 computer science class in charge of this game....and every online player would cry about this, just like they have for the past 2 year's, last year I almost drown in their tears.

6/17/2019 5:40PM PDT

There are terrible people in every generation... of course, if you google millennial it will come up with results of people being idiots, that is not inherent to that generation. I am not saying that my generation should be free of insult, we have done a ton of dumb things, but generally when the word millennial is used now, it is pointed at groups that actually aren't millennial, like Gen Z.

Comment by eatyum

I'll be honest, I have yet to meet a millennial that hasn't had to Google how to start a fire, and maybe that's just because I am surrounded by idiot's but let's be honest Millennials and generations after them are as useful as syphilis.

6/17/2019 5:44PM PDT

I'll be honest, I have yet to meet a millennial that hasn't had to Google how to start a fire, and maybe that's just because I am surrounded by idiot's but let's be honest Millennials and generations after them are as useful as syphilis.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 5:44PM PDT

I mean, I think it would be tough to argue that the prevalence of media and the accessibility of the internet have not shaped our beliefs about the generations that grew up with these items. What headline gets more clicks? "Millennial volunteers at dog shelter" or "Idiot Millennial sets him and his friends on fire". We see all these stories about some stupid thing some bonehead did, but we only think it happens more this generation because the internet is forever and the dumb people post dumb things that we see. I get what you're saying, I am just saying sometimes it can be a bit unfair to write off a generation.

6/17/2019 5:49PM PDT

I mean, I think it would be tough to argue that the prevalence of media and the accessibility of the internet have not shaped our beliefs about the generations that grew up with these items. What headline gets more clicks? "Millennial volunteers at dog shelter" or "Idiot Millennial sets him and his friends on fire". We see all these stories about some stupid thing some bonehead did, but we only think it happens more this generation because the internet is forever and the dumb people post dumb things that we see. I get what you're saying, I am just saying sometimes it can be a bit unfair to write off a generation.

Comment by eatyum
6/17/2019 5:49PM PDT

you don't have to convince me on that, for example who is the guy that caused the warnings on bleach "dont drink bleach" definitely came from my generation or before,but let's be honest Millennials aren't helping themselves out. I don't think every millennial is an idiot and useless, but let's be honest here....a lot are..... lol

6/17/2019 5:54PM PDT

Then what do you call toast dipped in egg batter, fried, then topped with powdered sugar?  

Comment by thinkbluedgr
6/17/2019 7:27PM EDT

That is called heart disease.

6/17/2019 5:57PM PDT

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 8:44PM EDT

I guess the credit belongs to the generation who raised them. 

I think your assumptions are a little bit off. The best cards available right now are in fact, XP generated. However, most people probably haven’t reached gold level (myself included) and have at most, only 4 of the top cards in the game. If you are playing a massive amount of RS and are in DS and above, this may not be the case, but this only constitutes less than 10% of those that play RS. So if you are DS and above, your view is quite a bit skewed as opposed to the majority. 

Lets put this into perspective. My most wanted cards...

Willie McCovey

Brett Boone

Bruce Sutter

Matt Williams 

Pudge

Of those 5, all of those are earned cards by either going 12-0 or WS rewards, except for Pudge, who cost more stubs than I could imagine. But best way to get him?? Get good, sell my rewards, and I could have him. But if you aren’t good, then you’d have to either buy stubs or grind the market, in which both cases those who are “elite” are benefiting off my disposition of not playing online nor being elite. 

So how I look at it, if I were to get the cards I want, I have to buy them, which in turn is greatly benefiting those who earn them. I just don’t buy the narrative that it is easy to get the best cards, because XP is not easy to get, unless, of course, you play a lot of RS. Sure, you can grind the cpu all day too, but if I had the time to do that, I’d be playing RS, which is by and far the best and most efficient way to get XP. Online grinders will in turn, level up much quicker than a cpu grinder. And by the time a guy like me hits, lets say diamond level, the cards on the XP path may just be irrelevant 

6/17/2019 6:09PM PDT

I guess the credit belongs to the generation who raised them. 

Comment by sersimpleton

Baby boomer's certainly aren't excused

6/17/2019 6:15PM PDT

“Yah, those dang millennials and their...”

(Shuffles Deck) (Picks Card)

“ability to put pressure on a company to put out great but not endgame cards”

6/17/2019 7:40PM PDT

I like the content, but the rewards don't have to be top-level cards. We're getting 99s for doing nothing other than collecting 300 easily collectible "program stars". Everyone has the best hitter in the game (Frank) because they literally  be did nothing other than play the game. What would be wrong with flawless and WS rewards being a step above the program or experience rewards that take no skill to get? 

Also, I got Vlad last year without spending any extra money. It took a while, but I did it. Your attitude of "it was too hard" is exactly why we have 99s all over everyone's team this year and perfectly illustrates my point

6/17/2019 4:31PM PDT

“Those dang millennials and their...”

(Shuffles Deck) (Picks Card)

”ability to obtain good cards by playing the game”

6/17/2019 7:42PM PDT

They aren't though, SS Kershaw is a beast yes, but SS Greinke is better, SS Cal doesn't compare to a gapper from AS 89 Reyes and his 97 speed....that is because how the game is set up, speed and contact kill's, sure Cal will get you hit's but he isn't stretching a single into a triple.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 5:20PM PDT

This is wrong Kershaw is far better than grienke, I also can’t remember the last time AS Reyes got a hit against me, in the upper levels of this game Reyes is only useful as a pinch runner 

6/17/2019 7:59PM PDT

I have to agree with the OP, I haven’t given any second thought to selling any flawless or World Series rewards, at this point World Series and flawless rewards are only good for stubs. Not worth rostering.

6/17/2019 8:01PM PDT

Oh trust me, the good players will always stand out from the bad players. You can have Mays and completely suck, but play with Kemp and dominate. Collecting for Mays is hard enough already, more than a million stubs to complete, I’m still trying to complete it.

6/17/2019 8:35PM PDT