You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Listen, I love a piece of avocado toast as much as the next dude, but the ease at which high level cards in this game is ridiculous. We're less than 3 months in and everybody has elite players at every position.

Half the people I play have Mays already. The last couple years maybe 10% of people had the full collection reward (Immortal Vlad and Ted Williams). 

What's wrong with making it difficult to get the best cards? There's multiple ways to get high level cards this year without any skill and that doesn't even include the basement dwellers with mom's credit card. Why am I grnding to get to WS division when the players I get don't even give me an advantage? What's wrong with having to actually work hard, have skill, and earn the best cards on the game?

6/17/2019 4:13PM PDT

If you have played 2k, you would absolutely love what SDS is doing with content. Not sure they could have done it any better. And I had Vlad last year and Mays this year. Vlad last year was overkill and unnecessary amount of time and money. 

6/17/2019 4:17PM PDT

Listen, I love a piece of avocado toast as much as the next dude, but the ease at which high level cards in this game is ridiculous. We're less than 3 months in and everybody has elite players at every position.

Half the people I play have Mays already. The last couple years maybe 10% of people had the full collection reward (Immortal Vlad and Ted Williams). 

What's wrong with making it difficult to get the best cards? There's multiple ways to get high level cards this year without any skill and that doesn't even include the basement dwellers with mom's credit card. Why am I grnding to get to WS division when the players I get don't even give me an advantage? What's wrong with having to actually work hard, have skill, and earn the best cards on the game?

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x
6/17/2019 4:13PM PDT

because the CEO of my company is making more than me (I am the social media guy), I do more work so he should make less than me! #MillenialTwoWeekNotice 

Follow the money 

6/17/2019 4:18PM PDT

Never tried avocado toast.  But I love me some cinammin toast.  

Never tried avocado toast.  But I love me some cinammin toast.  

Comment by thinkbluedgr

cinnamon toast crunch!

6/17/2019 4:20PM PDT

cinnamon toast crunch!

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 4:20PM PDT

Nah.  Real cinammin toast.  Butter, sugar, then cinnamon.  

6/17/2019 4:23PM PDT

Nah.  Real cinammin toast.  Butter, sugar, then cinnamon.  

Comment by thinkbluedgr
6/17/2019 4:23PM PDT

in Canada we call that French Toast.

6/17/2019 4:24PM PDT

in Canada we call that French Toast.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 4:24PM PDT

Then what do you call toast dipped in egg batter, fried, then topped with powdered sugar?  

6/17/2019 4:27PM PDT

Sooooo, what’s your team looking like, OP?

Because if it’s so easy to get elite cards at every position, you should have a stacked lineup as well. 

And if you’re stacked, and you’re opponent is stacked, then it’s an even matchup and may the best player win (most of the time). 

Or do you want only people with deep pockets to have good lineups? Or only people who can make WS, and therefore have an even better lineup than those who aren’t as good at the game?

I just don’t really follow you here. Nor do I follow blaming an entire generation of people for whatever you feel is wrong with the game.

Blaming “millennials” for everything you don’t like is so trendy....

Following trends...how very....millennial of you... 

Then what do you call toast dipped in egg batter, fried, then topped with powdered sugar?  

Comment by thinkbluedgr

Ontario French Toast, I grew up in Quebec, egg batter, fried, powdered sugar Texas toast is as fake as Drake.

6/17/2019 4:30PM PDT

If you have played 2k, you would absolutely love what SDS is doing with content. Not sure they could have done it any better. And I had Vlad last year and Mays this year. Vlad last year was overkill and unnecessary amount of time and money. 

Comment by allmustfall16

I like the content, but the rewards don't have to be top-level cards. We're getting 99s for doing nothing other than collecting 300 easily collectible "program stars". Everyone has the best hitter in the game (Frank) because they literally  be did nothing other than play the game. What would be wrong with flawless and WS rewards being a step above the program or experience rewards that take no skill to get? 

Also, I got Vlad last year without spending any extra money. It took a while, but I did it. Your attitude of "it was too hard" is exactly why we have 99s all over everyone's team this year and perfectly illustrates my point

6/17/2019 4:31PM PDT

I like the content, but the rewards don't have to be top-level cards. We're getting 99s for doing nothing other than collecting 300 easily collectible "program stars". Everyone has the best hitter in the game (Frank) because they literally  be did nothing other than play the game. What would be wrong with flawless and WS rewards being a step above the program or experience rewards that take no skill to get? 

Also, I got Vlad last year without spending any extra money. It took a while, but I did it. Your attitude of "it was too hard" is exactly why we have 99s all over everyone's team this year and perfectly illustrates my point

this is what the online community cried for like a toddler teething last year, so this is what we get...

6/17/2019 4:32PM PDT

If you are better at the game, you can go on 12 wins run and make WS and have more stubs so you don't have to choose what card you want, you can have them all!

6/17/2019 4:36PM PDT

Not all of us have as much time to play online games. Especially during the week. It’s a lot easier to play moments and play conquest. To say that reaching ws makes you in an elite category yet make fun of people who grind all day to get 300 starts.  

I say to each his own. You shouldn’t have to be a ws caliber player to be able to get rewards. 

6/17/2019 4:38PM PDT

Sooooo, what’s your team looking like, OP?

Because if it’s so easy to get elite cards at every position, you should have a stacked lineup as well. 

And if you’re stacked, and you’re opponent is stacked, then it’s an even matchup and may the best player win (most of the time). 

Or do you want only people with deep pockets to have good lineups? Or only people who can make WS, and therefore have an even better lineup than those who aren’t as good at the game?

I just don’t really follow you here. Nor do I follow blaming an entire generation of people for whatever you feel is wrong with the game.

Blaming “millennials” for everything you don’t like is so trendy....

Following trends...how very....millennial of you... 

Comment by maurice91932

I'm a millennial myself and I'll complain all day because we suck a huge one. And I'm not blaming an entire generation for this. That was obviously hyberbole. Way to take something literally that anyone with a modicum of critical thinking ability could decipher the correct way. How very... millennial of you. 

That being said, there would be NOTHING wrong with people who make WS having cards that make them better. They earned them. What's wrong with that? I'm probably never going to earn a flawless reward and that's totally ok! But what's the point of even trying this year when you can just be handed comparable cards simply for having the skill of picking up a controller. 

If you are better at the game, you can go on 12 wins run and make WS and have more stubs so you don't have to choose what card you want, you can have them all!

Comment by ag1982
6/17/2019 4:36PM PDT

so what you're saying is, if you play online more you can get better cards?, sounds like a bunch of online whiner mentality to me...."I cant hit 10 homeruns with an OP Griffey program reward so just let me have all the 99's and block anyone who doesn't play online from having them"...SDS is stupid for subscribing to this knowledge, maybe not business stupid, but in a consumer sense, dumb as the moron they let represent them on social media.

6/17/2019 4:39PM PDT

They all hit warning track fly balls anyway so who gives a *** how you get them 

6/17/2019 4:42PM PDT

Not all of us have as much time to play online games. Especially during the week. It’s a lot easier to play moments and play conquest. To say that reaching ws makes you in an elite category yet make fun of people who grind all day to get 300 starts.  

I say to each his own. You shouldn’t have to be a ws caliber player to be able to get rewards. 

Comment by Speedy44

I'm not making fun of people who grind for the program stars. I'm just saying that the rewards shouldn't be so OP because it doesn't take a lot skill to get them.

And I'm not saying you should have to get to WS to get rewards. I'm just saying the rewards for the things that take FAR LESS skill shouldn't be equal (or even better in some cases)

6/17/2019 4:43PM PDT

I mean... What's the difference when anyone can just buy said WS or 12-0 rewards. This is a pointless post IMO. 

6/17/2019 4:44PM PDT

so what you're saying is, if you play online more you can get better cards?, sounds like a bunch of online whiner mentality to me...."I cant hit 10 homeruns with an OP Griffey program reward so just let me have all the 99's and block anyone who doesn't play online from having them"...SDS is stupid for subscribing to this knowledge, maybe not business stupid, but in a consumer sense, dumb as the moron they let represent them on social media.

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 4:39PM PDT

Well DD is an online game mode. SDS trying to cater to people who don't want to play an online game mode ONLINE is part of the trouble. They're trying to appease everyone and on the process pissing off everyone haha

6/17/2019 4:45PM PDT

I'm a millennial myself and I'll complain all day because we suck a huge one. And I'm not blaming an entire generation for this. That was obviously hyberbole. Way to take something literally that anyone with a modicum of critical thinking ability could decipher the correct way. How very... millennial of you. 

That being said, there would be NOTHING wrong with people who make WS having cards that make them better. They earned them. What's wrong with that? I'm probably never going to earn a flawless reward and that's totally ok! But what's the point of even trying this year when you can just be handed comparable cards simply for having the skill of picking up a controller. 

with no stat grinds, no program grinds thats essentially what this is, Online players can earn high rewards while offline users get an 82 Bartolo Colon, because, well using gold players was just so damn hard for these "elites"

6/17/2019 4:46PM PDT

I mean... What's the difference when anyone can just buy said WS or 12-0 rewards. This is a pointless post IMO. 

Comment by jreypr
6/17/2019 4:44PM PDT

No, not anyone can buy them. McCovey and Felix are both going for over 300,000 stubs. Tons of people don't have those kind of stubs available to spend. 

And that's ok! That's what I'm saying. It's ok that those cards are hard to get. But nobody cares that they're hard to get and there's no point in trying to get them because comparable cards are achieved significantly easier in other ways. 

6/17/2019 4:49PM PDT

Well DD is an online game mode. SDS trying to cater to people who don't want to play an online game mode ONLINE is part of the trouble. They're trying to appease everyone and on the process pissing off everyone haha

6/17/2019 4:45PM PDT

DD became an Online only game mode this year, because a bunch of children who claim to be "elite" gamers/adults cried about people being able to earn the same rewards as them offline..."I am so elite that I dont want to have to use my gold larry doby offline in rookie vs. cpu (even though its not required to use him offline). SDS turned DD into an overpriced baseball card binder...but hey at least the "Elites" are happy...

6/17/2019 4:50PM PDT

with no stat grinds, no program grinds thats essentially what this is, Online players can earn high rewards while offline users get an 82 Bartolo Colon, because, well using gold players was just so damn hard for these "elites"

Comment by JEEZY-E
6/17/2019 4:46PM PDT

Offline players can get the program rewards and the experience level rewards which are the best cards in the game right now...

You could EASILY put diamonds at every position without touching any sort of H2H game mode. And probably have 90+ diamonds at most spots and a whole grip of 99s if you've leveled up your experience enough (which takes only time)

6/17/2019 4:53PM PDT