You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Yeah I’m sure you did you candy *** nerd.  And nobody asked you so take your lying *** bull somewhere else. 

Comment by PaullyG24
6/15/2019 4:58AM PDT

jesus christ dude relax lololol

6/17/2019 10:01AM PDT

I finally beat it this morning. It was a hard and ridiculous mission because I probably restarted the moments 10 times before I finally beat it.

6/17/2019 10:39AM PDT

Only needed 1 hit to complete the mission after 1 game. Be patient and wait for your pitch 

6/17/2019 10:44AM PDT

I think I finished all the Griffey Missions in about 1.5 hrs tops. They were pretty easy. Lol. 

6/17/2019 10:49AM PDT

Did this on my second try. Finished the storyline in one hour. 

Comment by xinspiration17x
6/17/2019 9:43AM PDT

Same. Was by far the easiest storyline.

6/17/2019 11:28AM PDT

First try.   Get good.  lol.   I probably got a bit lucky.

6/17/2019 11:33AM PDT

After reading these, I thought this might actually be difficult. Then I actually looked at the mission... 

It’s on VETERAN!

finished it first try. Needed 1 hit in the 3rd game, got it first AB. 

The whole Griffey storyline took all of 90 minutes. 

6/17/2019 7:59PM PDT

Took 2 days to do but i dont focus on 1 moment, give yourself a number of trys then stop and come back to it when your timing and pci placement is on.  I maybe had 15-20 trys. Some moments i feel like you just have to put enough time onto it to actually accomplish. 

6/17/2019 8:08PM PDT

It’s actually super easy if you use the dashboard method 

Comment by TwinCity0712
6/15/2019 10:17AM PDT

This........

6/17/2019 8:44PM PDT

Took me 6 tries. When I got it I did it in 7abs tho

6/17/2019 8:55PM PDT

In between the "git gud" posts there's some excellent advice here.  I'm down to the back-to-back HR and this one, after about an hour and a half spent on these moments, so overall I'm happy with this storyline (considering I'm a big Moments critic).

On the Edgar Martinez one, I probably spent the most time on that one of all the one's I've completed.  After getting thrown out at the plate so many times, I started sending the runners every pitch.  I'd either flail at a pitch out of the zone and the guy on 3rd would get tagged out, or I'd fly out.  But it was very quick each attempt (reducing it to 1 pitch except when I'd foul) and eventually put one into the gap, and with the head start was able to reach home with Jr. easily.

6/17/2019 9:17PM PDT

This........

Comment by lightshow
6/17/2019 8:44PM PDT

What's the Dashboard method?

6/17/2019 10:56PM PDT

Its funny though.  This mission was the bane of my existence when everyone else was having a tough time with the back to back homer mission.  It only took me 2 or 3 tries for that one.  Total of about 10 min.  I swear there has to be a difficulty difference for different users or something.  The homer mission wasnt hard for me at all.  In fact, all the other moments were relatively easy.  But this one pulled every difficulty and aggravating card in the deck for me.  It took me all things considered about 3 days and had to be around 5 or 6 hours total to do that ONE moment because I had all the others done and it made me manic.

6/17/2019 11:00PM PDT

I just don't get it.  I pretty much breezed through these Moments and was having a lot of fun with them.  HRs on good timing, hits when I'm being patient.

Down to the father/son HRs and the 3 game one.  Replay the 3 game one over and over until I get 2 extra base hits/2 rbis in game 1. Then I don't get a single hit the other two games!

Switch over to the father/son mission.  Every 10 or so attempts I nail one with Sr, but Jr is swinging a wet noodle.  Trying to get under the ball, putting the pci low...still a line drive with Jr the ball just dies mid-flight.

It seems like just when I think Moments are actually doable for the average player, there's always 1 or 2 in a series that just screams out "you're not an ElItE you have no business here!!!"

6/18/2019 2:55AM PDT

I usually having a hard times with some missions, but the Griffey Storyline was a breezer! Did the 12.5 GB in the third try. Most of the other one i cleared first try.

And than there was the Choo Moment on Rookie lol. I hit everything hard right at the Fielders or warning track flyouts... Switched to a different moment, came back and hit the HR first at bat.

Maybe thats the secret. If a moment gives you a hard time, switch to a different one and come back later. 

6/18/2019 5:12AM PDT

What's the Dashboard method?

Comment by PaullyG24
6/17/2019 10:56PM PDT

Close application before game finishes so the game doesn't count...     So I don't move on to Game 2 until I have 3 hits...    Then you do same in Game 2 you don't move on to Game 3 till you are within striking distance for Game 3...     I think Gomesdalegend did a Ytb video on it.        So when you get these Moments where its multiple games this method comes in handy and saves a lot of time.   

6/18/2019 8:04AM PDT

Are you guys power swinging or using x?

6/18/2019 8:20AM PDT

Power swing until you get 3 XB hits.  Then normal swing.  Harkey pitches like Cy Young in the 3rd game, so try to get all you XB hits in the first two...It took me hours to do this one mission after breezing through the rest, but the method that lightshow described above it what helped me finish it......still still a while, but finally got this one done...thank goodness

6/18/2019 10:15AM PDT

LOL thought the Dashboarding comment was a joke, but now it makes sense.  Going to try that next time although I'm sure SDS will nerf it soon just like they did when people were using sliders with Moments when the game first came out.

6/18/2019 10:39AM PDT

Wow, had no idea a 400s player could be so great. Please teach everyone your ways

Comment by mission-8-
6/15/2019 7:23PM PDT

A "400s" player. Didn't know I had to play ranked to be ok at the game. LMAO

6/21/2019 6:47PM PDT

F this mission...after playing for for probably 20 times and continuing to hit weak pop ups to the catcher, I followed a lot of advice from this thread, hit two HR and completed the RBI in first game, only to peter out in the next two games and fall short yet again. 

*Oh and SDS, when you create a mission in which RBI are needed, it might be fair to put some runners on base...in my most recent second game, i had one runner on base (at first) in my total four at bats

6/22/2019 6:24AM PDT

I heard and read all the horror stories about this storyline so stayed away until yesterday and must have gotten lucky.  Specifically saved this moment for last. 

I went 5-5 in the first game with 2 HRs and 2 Doubles. 

Got the 6th hit in my first AB in the second game. 

The longest moment for me was the dang back to back father son HRs. Until I figured out what Sr needed to bomb, Jr was much easier. 

Honestly, the whole storyline took me about 1.5 hours yesterday. 

Like everyone has said, wait for your pitch and take advantage of it. 

Now that Aaron Hicks (draw a walk for the CAP CF) moment almost made me freak out. Stinking Vargas just kept throwing ***-shots right down the middle. Ugh!!

6/22/2019 6:39AM PDT

Patience and persistence were the keys for this one.  If I would have had patience, I wouldn't have needed as much persistence.  But now that its all said and done, it wasn't even a fraction worth it.  The card stinks.  I don't even want it but its non-sellable and I can't bench it after all that.  So basically its the Chris Davis of MLB 19: The Show for me.

6/24/2019 4:12AM PDT