You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

You are by far the worst sports game developer(which is saying a lot because EA is really really bad lol), who in their right mind purchases a game engine they cant debug correctly to fix the fielding and hitting engine? You learned 1 thing in the last 3 years though....paying for someone to host your servers since you cant even install a ping meter to show the connection before the game starts. 

Why have vertex shaders and shadows enabled for online play? These are causing a lot of the lag issues and errors. Oh wait you dont know how to disable them which would improve the gameplay experience by reducing graphical lag. (Every pc game and even a lot of fps ps4 games have the ability to turn this off).

Do I need to continue? Or will you get your head out of your rear and start addressing the issues instead of deleting topics?

Btw...nice job implementing an RNG system which user input has no control over when the number lands in your opponents favor for hitting mechanics pitching location and fielding. Whoever approved that at the game dev pow wow should be fired asap.

It is obvious the code is implemented to create a false sense of competitive game to get people to continue playing and buying stubs. Its like a drug dealer getting his addicts hooked on heroine so they come back for more. 

Owen Good from Kotaku is writing up an article on game developer cash grabs with microtransactions. It even includes inside info from meetings on how to maximize profitability by making everyone be closer on a level playing field with random number generators. Rumor is there are some congressman involved on how this is affecting youth and children developing addictive and gambling personalities. Wouldnt be surprised to see a class action suit in the future.

5/15/2019 10:07PM PDT

Today I said, f*** it, I’m not doing this anymore. Fired up RDR2 (which I quit when this garbage dump opened up) and honestly felt a sense of relief knowing I wasn’t in for gameplay full of randomness, frustration and programming deciding what’s going to happen out of my control. 

I’m taking an extended break from this game. 

5/15/2019 10:29PM PDT
This comment has been deleted.
5/15/2019 10:40PM PDT

Today I said, f*** it, I’m not doing this anymore. Fired up RDR2 (which I quit when this garbage dump opened up) and honestly felt a sense of relief knowing I wasn’t in for gameplay full of randomness, frustration and programming deciding what’s going to happen out of my control. 

I’m taking an extended break from this game. 

Comment by Rambo_11k
5/15/2019 10:29PM PDT

RDR2 Online or replaying story mode??

5/15/2019 11:51PM PDT

Been saying this for a while and getting flamed all along ...

5/16/2019 12:00AM PDT

These fools deserve to be put on blast for sure

5/16/2019 12:37AM PDT

Tbh the closing and locking of critical threads and seeing SDS essentially allow partners to flaunt violation of the TOS while paying customers get banned influences me way more.

The longer I've played the show, the more I see how SDS likes to use heavy-handed tactics. They're not particular engaged with the community bordering on adversarial at times. Worst of all there's this kinda shadiness, they're not exactly honest or forthcoming.

I switched from XBox to PS because MLB is pretty much Sony exclusive. If The Show continues trending downward, I think my next console will be an XBox

5/16/2019 12:47AM PDT

You are by far the worst sports game developer(which is saying a lot because EA is really really bad lol), who in their right mind purchases a game engine they cant debug correctly to fix the fielding and hitting engine? You learned 1 thing in the last 3 years though....paying for someone to host your servers since you cant even install a ping meter to show the connection before the game starts. 

Why have vertex shaders and shadows enabled for online play? These are causing a lot of the lag issues and errors. Oh wait you dont know how to disable them which would improve the gameplay experience by reducing graphical lag. (Every pc game and even a lot of fps ps4 games have the ability to turn this off).

Do I need to continue? Or will you get your head out of your rear and start addressing the issues instead of deleting topics?

Btw...nice job implementing an RNG system which user input has no control over when the number lands in your opponents favor for hitting mechanics pitching location and fielding. Whoever approved that at the game dev pow wow should be fired asap.

It is obvious the code is implemented to create a false sense of competitive game to get people to continue playing and buying stubs. Its like a drug dealer getting his addicts hooked on heroine so they come back for more. 

Owen Good from Kotaku is writing up an article on game developer cash grabs with microtransactions. It even includes inside info from meetings on how to maximize profitability by making everyone be closer on a level playing field with random number generators. Rumor is there are some congressman involved on how this is affecting youth and children developing addictive and gambling personalities. Wouldnt be surprised to see a class action suit in the future.

Comment by BlackOutRidge

The sad thing is you actually believe this. I experience very limited lag in this game.

Stop saying user input has no control. Any valid points you might make becomes overshadowed by this ridiculous comment.

Is this the first baseball video game you have ever played or what?

5/16/2019 12:54AM PDT

You have clearly never played 2k. Theyre a billion times worse than SDS (this game really isnt bad, i actually think its good) and no class action lawsuit will or has ever been formed against them. I seriously cant strees how bad 2k is. Straight up ripping people off with the shadiest of tactics. 

The shading / shadowing part is a good point

everything else involving “*** RNG / Input blah blah” - bruh. Youre being so damn dramatic. Yeah lineouts happen a little bit too often and same with errors (i dont personally have a problem with this though) but your other gripes are completely incoherent and nonsensical  

5/16/2019 4:15AM PDT

Comment by BlackOutRidge

The sad thing is you actually believe this. I experience very limited lag in this game.

Stop saying user input has no control. Any valid points you might make becomes overshadowed by this ridiculous comment.

Is this the first baseball video game you have ever played or what?

Comment by nasty6669
5/16/2019 12:54AM PDT

Every video game (not only this one) implements tactics to maximize profits. In this game, they have made it more random to keep casual players playing instead of quitting because they would be losing too much. The hitting has lots of randomness, pitching, and fielding as well. It amazes me that people play this game for hundreds of hours and still don't see this issue.

5/16/2019 4:23AM PDT

I doubt they really care.

This is what happens when there's no competition. It's true in every industry.

5/16/2019 4:50AM PDT

OH NO, NOT A KOTAKU ARTICLE!  HOW WILL SDS EVER RECOVER FROM THAT NEWS?!?

Seriously, if you don't think SDS isn't in competition with ESPN, Netflix, Hulu, Avengers, Fortnite, Madden, etc, you don't know the first thing about markets or the economy at large.

5/16/2019 5:04AM PDT

Seriously, if you don't think SDS isn't in competition with ESPN, Netflix, Hulu, Avengers, Fortnite, Madden, etc, you don't know the first thing about markets or the economy at large.

Comment by SaveFarris
5/16/2019 5:04AM PDT

So you’re trying to say that SDS is in  direct competition with basically every entertainment possibility that’s available on a screen?

And seriously...

5/16/2019 5:23AM PDT

" Seriously, if you don't think SDS isn't in competition with ESPN, Netflix, Hulu, Avengers, Fortnite, Madden, etc, you don't know the first thing about markets or the economy at large. "

How's the pitching and hitting in Hulu and Avengers?

Dude, I've got an MBA from a top school and 30 years of business experience. I know a company slacking due to lack of competition when I see one.

5/16/2019 5:29AM PDT

Comment by SaveFarris
5/16/2019 8:04AM EDT

I think it's quite a stretch to say they are in competition with ESPN, Netflix, Hulu, and Avengers. Maybe Fortnite and Madden but not to a great extent as they are different types of games.

5/16/2019 5:32AM PDT

Entertainment dollars are entertainment dollars.  And eyeballs are eyeballs.  

You don't think there are people deciding whether to WATCH a game on TV or PLAY a game in The Show?  And whether SDS is interested in affecting that decision?

Or the guy who is deciding between going and watching Endgame or spending a few hours grinding towards Bumgarner?

They're all competing against one another whether you're willing to recognize it or not.

5/16/2019 5:47AM PDT

"Entertainment dollars are entertainment dollars.  And eyeballs are eyeballs."

Yes. And no.

There are some people who have diverse interests. And there are some who have specific interests.

There are a lot of people who play this game for one reason: they love baseball.

Like me. I bought my PS4 only to play The Show. It's the only game I play on it.

If there were a good baseball game on this or a different platform, I'd have choices, and SDS would have to work to get my money. But there isn't, so they don't.

It's as simple as that.

And as long as people keep giving them even more money by buying stubs, nothing will ever change in any meaningful way.

5/16/2019 5:49AM PDT

The point Farris is making is 100 percent valid. His point is sds is competing for our free time. I don’t play any other video games but there are things I will watch on Netflix etc. it Netflix or Hulu just keeps putting out better content I may choose that over the show. With work and family I may have two hours of free time per day. Will I spend that playing the game or doing other things. I own a fitness business and I’m not necessarily competing with planet fitness I’m competing with your couch or the golf course. I need to get people to my gyms a few times a week but other activities get in their way. 

5/16/2019 5:53AM PDT

It's valid, but not 100%.

Nobody is disputing that there's global competition for free time.

The point is that people who want to play baseball basically have no choice. SDS knows that, and that's a big part of why they are phoning it in.

5/16/2019 6:07AM PDT

It's valid, but not 100%.

Nobody is disputing that there's global competition for free time.

The point is that people who want to play baseball basically have no choice. SDS knows that, and that's a big part of why they are phoning it in.

Comment by Qeltar_
5/16/2019 6:07AM PDT

Agreed 100%. I also have my degree in business/finance and hav been working in the industry for 32 years in pretty much the largest market in the world (NYC). Farris' point has some validity to it but it really is irrelevant to the conversation in this thread. The point is, if someone is inclined to spend their time playing a video game and is a lover of baseball, they're going to find time to play one, period. People don;t say "welp, this game isn;t so hot, I'm gonna go see a movie today instead"...They say "well, I wanna see Endgame, so I will check that out tonight and when I get home I'll hop into a RS game or 2".They do both. Not everyone, mind you, but the vast majority. Bear in mind that addiction (especially in this country) is a HUGE driver of certain businesses - especially gaming. Anyone who has a gaming addiction ( again, this is a HUGE chunk of people playing Madden, The Show, etc- me included), is going to look to fill that addiction and there's no way that other things like going to the gym, watching ESPN, etc, is going to get in the way of that.

5/16/2019 6:16AM PDT

If there were a good baseball game on this or a different platform, I'd have choices, and SDS would have to work to get my money. But there isn't, so they don't.
The point is that people who want to play baseball basically have no choice.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2121-CUSA12800_00-RBIBASEBALL19XNA

I know, I know.  You're going to come back and say "But that game is garbage!"  Which entirely invalidates the argument you've been making.

But go ahead...

5/16/2019 6:19AM PDT
5/16/2019 6:19AM PDT
5/16/2019 6:23AM PDT

" You're going to come back and say "But that game is garbage!"  Which entirely invalidates the argument you've been making. "

It doesn't invalidate the argument at all.

Competition inherently means that there are two at least reasonably comparable options. If one of them is "garbage" (I didn't even look) then there is no competition.

5/16/2019 6:27AM PDT

You wanted another baseball option.  You got one.  

5/16/2019 6:43AM PDT