You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

i read in the patch note something about the rating mod no longer being active in the RS search bar when searching for a game. When I first read this I was excited as I’ve always felt the mod was idiotic. My friends will and have told me the reasoning for the mod is to help “balance” the game. In their and SDS eyes if I have a stacked team, I’m most likely going to punish players in my division. So they add this mod to make me match up with higher tiered players. I totally get the concept. Here’s my argument to their point. Just because I or anyone else has a stacked team DOES NOT mean they are a great player. So, this means that the mod is actually hurting said player. Because regardless of his team his is being matched up with players above his skill level. This is not cool. 

Take me for instance. I fancy myself an above average to maybe even a pretty good player (on my best days). I’ve never had a losing record, never had a .300+ average over any year, and imo always had a very respectable ERA. For ME pitching is what keeps me in games as I’m not the best batter. Now, with the rating mod in play I have/had (I still think it’s in play despite patch notes saying otherwise) a +170-180 mod. So, when I’m at 650 trying to get to DS what happens? I would get matched up with a 850-915 player 99% of the time. I’ve only ever beat a WS player once. I’ve played them ALOT. I can always make CS but never WS. 

Now, supposedly the mod is no longer in play during search, which according to patch notes “allows me to get matched within my own division” correct? Then please tell me why when I started a search today at a rank of like 630 my search started at 578-653?? The 653 I don’t have a problem with. It’s the 578 that’s the issue as it started my search IN A DIFFERENT DIVISION when the notes specifically said I should be able to avoid this. 

My point is I don’t want to face someone below me or above me. According to the patch notes I should be able to have my search start at 600 and end at 699, but it doesn’t. And now that I’m at about 680 the next game I play has a very high likelihood of being against a higher tiered player. I’ve always accepted this “problem” while not agreeing with it because, well if I want to play I have no choice lol.

But I believe the notes were misleading seeing as I can’t “set” the search to my specific division as it stated.

5/15/2019 8:50PM PDT

That search bar isn't an exact thing, it's more of like a window you fit in. If your rating was 630 that doesn't mean you only play 600 rated players. The search window starts out so many points below and above your current rating and expands out both ways equally until a match is made. You thought they would revamp the entire system?

5/15/2019 9:30PM PDT

That search bar isn't an exact thing, it's more of like a window you fit in. If your rating was 630 that doesn't mean you only play 600 rated players. The search window starts out so many points below and above your current rating and expands out both ways equally until a match is made. You thought they would revamp the entire system?

Comment by Gumby_Ronin
5/15/2019 9:30PM PDT

I know how it works. My post was very clear lol, the patch notes literally says “allowing users to control whether they match within the division/difficulty windows they prefer”.... so this means I should be able to set my search to say wildcard only or CS only. 

5/16/2019 4:41AM PDT

Too many words

5/16/2019 5:02AM PDT