You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

It would be a lot better if you were allowed to decide your own order for your rotation. I’d prefer to have Kershaw be my 3rd or 4th starter, just to avoid having the Kershaw vs Kershaw stuff all the time. I get we will all be facing that guy a lot over the coming months, but at least let us mix up the order a bit. 

5/15/2019 8:20PM PDT

They do it by rank to make it more fair. your number 3 being a 99 Kershaw vs your opponent possibly being in 85 strasburg would be a major mismatch.

5/15/2019 8:21PM PDT

They do it by rank to make it more fair. your number 3 being a 99 Kershaw vs your opponent possibly being in 85 strasburg would be a major mismatch.

Comment by DarthKDog09
5/15/2019 8:21PM PDT

For sure, but then the opposite would be true and I’d presumably have the disadvantage when facing Kershaw. Just seems more fun that way. 

5/15/2019 9:44PM PDT

I feel the same way, I had a thread about it a while back. I don’t think I have ever had Kershaw start where the opposition did not also start Kershaw. Same with 99 Ryan. I don’t think you need to be able to set the order of your rotation. I think the starting pitchers need to be independently random, where your 1 can go against someone’s 5 and vice versa. Would instantly make both teams starting the same guy very rare, instead of it being the norm as it is now.

5/15/2019 9:50PM PDT

I feel the same way, I had a thread about it a while back. I don’t think I have ever had Kershaw start where the opposition did not also start Kershaw. Same with 99 Ryan. I don’t think you need to be able to set the order of your rotation. I think the starting pitchers need to be independently random, where your 1 can go against someone’s 5 and vice versa. Would instantly make both teams starting the same guy very rare, instead of it being the norm as it is now.

Comment by rtmink
5/15/2019 9:50PM PDT

That’s a better idea. Either way, they really need to mix up the pitching matchups somehow. I’m a fanboy too, this might be my biggest gripe with the game. 

5/15/2019 10:52PM PDT

It's random because if not stats and overall go out the window.i have Kershaw 99 Maddy from San Fran 98 cy young 96 hamels 87 and Hunter 85 bc of stamina.if I played against 70s overall I'd have a slight advantage and I'm lvl 20 silver but it's how you play the game

5/16/2019 12:58AM PDT

It can’t happen because it could be manipulated. The only way it’d work is if your rotation were then locked for 5 games. Otherwise it’s exploitable.

5/16/2019 2:52AM PDT

It can’t happen because it could be manipulated. The only way it’d work is if your rotation were then locked for 5 games. Otherwise it’s exploitable.

Comment by Joey2beers
5/16/2019 2:52AM PDT

Unless it’s a true rotation of the spot, not the player. So both your SP and your 4th spot (for example) should be fatigued, like the pen.

5/16/2019 4:21AM PDT