You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Late/weak hits, programming deciding errors at crucial times, line outs, pitches go down the middle even on perfect release.....all that stuff is programmed to happen. 

They’re not getting rid of that stuff. Why? Because they want anybody to be able to pick up the game and compete  . They make money if players keep playing, players keep playing when they are successful, players are successful when the game helps you succeed. 

None of this crap was in the game last year, at least not to this extent, that’s because 18 was easier due to pitch speeds. They increased speeds this year and now the game is harder, they compensated for that by implementing this garbage, they didn’t want the casual player to quit playing due to it being harder this year. 

It’s not hard to figure out why the game is this way when you look at what SDS really wants......MONEY!!!!  

5/15/2019 8:20PM PDT

Its a bad decision if the coding to make this stuff happen is legit in there. They will chase off the hardcore players, who, you know, spend lots of cash on the game while keeping the casual, spend a few bucks here and there maybe types. Seems bad for business.

Still not sold on if this crap is intentional or just buggy coding that they haven't been able to fix yet though.

5/15/2019 8:27PM PDT

Its sucks that SDS doesn't have any competition.

5/15/2019 8:29PM PDT

Its a bad decision if the coding to make this stuff happen is legit in there. They will chase off the hardcore players, who, you know, spend lots of cash on the game while keeping the casual, spend a few bucks here and there maybe types. Seems bad for business.

Still not sold on if this crap is intentional or just buggy coding that they haven't been able to fix yet though.

Comment by ToneOfWrath
5/15/2019 8:27PM PDT

Ea has done a great job of chasing away the hardcore users lately. What I don't understand is why EA and SDS want to catter to the casuals. They buy the games and then put no money in while us hard core users easily put in 5x that amount. So what would you rather have 80$ or 400$ seems like common sense to me

5/15/2019 8:32PM PDT

yep. the game is ***. balls are going through my bats. i am talking offline but online it's even worse. the ball is going through my Fah KIN bat. i've got screenshots and video archives. i squared up a pitch and although i was a little little i should of at least fouled it off but the balll keeps going straight through my bat. 

you can bet i am going to trash this game everywhere and anywhere i can. wtf is wrong with the people at SDS to treat customers like this. it's a *** travesty 

5/15/2019 8:33PM PDT

They rely on hardcore players and long time buyers of the game to keep coming back year after year despite the significantly worse gameplay. I’ve bought the game every year since the PS3 days, and the last two are easily the worst in memory when it comes to h2h gameplay.

Yet I’ll probably buy it again next year and *** about how bad it is again for a couple months and then drop it. 

As long as people like myself keep taking the bait they don’t have to worry about sales year over year. 

5/15/2019 9:20PM PDT

They rely on hardcore players and long time buyers of the game to keep coming back year after year despite the significantly worse gameplay. I’ve bought the game every year since the PS3 days, and the last two are easily the worst in memory when it comes to h2h gameplay.

Yet I’ll probably buy it again next year and *** about how bad it is again for a couple months and then drop it. 

As long as people like myself keep taking the bait they don’t have to worry about sales year over year. 

Comment by sersimpleton
5/16/2019 12:20AM EDT

I cant help myself either. I love baseball too much to stop playing. Almost wish i could just play on all star the whole time cuz the game feels so much better. People think they patched it and ruined it but its just the fact that once u get up to hof its a diff game. 

5/15/2019 9:23PM PDT

I'm hoping for an update to hitting, this last update was caca....game isn't fun anymore

5/15/2019 9:44PM PDT