You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

During one of the pre-release streams SDS stated that hit timing would mater more this year. HA! Not only does it not matter more, but I would bet that it matters LESS than it ever has. For one thing, the geniuses over there decided to make this the first year very early/very late swings could actually end up as hits, and then took the "bloop hit" dial and cranked that baby up to 10. So knowing that they were adding hit types for very early/late swings, and knowing that they were increasing the number of bloop hits, they sat there and told us that swing timing would actually matter more. So who holds them accountable? 

5/15/2019 8:14PM PDT

During one of the pre-release streams SDS stated that hit timing would mater more this year. HA! Not only does it not matter more, but I would bet that it matters LESS than it ever has. For one thing, the geniuses over there decided to make this the first year very early/very late swings could actually end up as hits, and then took the "bloop hit" dial and cranked that baby up to 10. So knowing that they were adding hit types for very early/late swings, and knowing that they were increasing the number of bloop hits, they sat there and told us that swing timing would actually matter more. So who holds them accountable? 

Comment by xIAmJumpMan23x
5/15/2019 8:14PM PDT

Our wallets hold them accountable. Unfortunately, it doesnt seem to work since they just change the game after we already shelled out for it.

5/15/2019 8:28PM PDT

Stop buying packs and stubs.

5/15/2019 8:31PM PDT

They also said that each card would look how it looked in the time period they played but Greinke still has long hair on his SS and MadBum has short hair on his SS 

5/15/2019 8:32PM PDT

* People complain because contact hitters are useless.
* People complain because of bloop hits.

Pick one.

SDS didn't lie, hit timing is much improved from last year. It'll never be perfect but it is improved without a doubt.

5/15/2019 8:33PM PDT

They also said “fielding is important”, no it’s not. Game will force you to make errors no matter who you have or what input you make. You could have a Diamond fielder and make no user input mistakes and the game will still force errors at will. 

This game is too frustrating to play at this point. 

5/15/2019 8:34PM PDT

SDS conned us. They love it. They are the type of people who get off on this ***. This game isn't about baseball anymore. It's about money and power. It's a mind ***. 

5/15/2019 9:04PM PDT

Just stop buying packs eventually SDS will take a hit if more people refuse to buy the packs. 

5/15/2019 9:14PM PDT

There was so much said in the streams by SDS that your ability will win games and you won’t lose games because of animations etc... how wrong could they be?

outfielders running in circles without locking on, gold infielders mishandling routine groundballs etc etc 

i was sooo looking forward to this game when I saw the streams but it has turned into the Fallout 76 of 2019

5/16/2019 12:41AM PDT

They also lied about fielding this year, baserunning last year and hot types the last 3 years, 

5/16/2019 5:33AM PDT

They actually haven't lied at all. Ya'll just choose to interpret stuff in a different way. Fielding matters so much this year. Diamond fielders (in my own personal experience) very rarely make errors but they still happen, why you ask...because anyone can make an error anytime, that being said I have only seen this on non standard plays. Bronze and common fielders can barely do anything right and boot easy grounders a good chunk of the time...because they are worse fielders. Ergo, fielding matters.

Swing timing matters to make good contact but bloops are still a thing. If you can't stop a guy from making contact enough that he scores on 10 bloop singles that's a you problem not the games problem.  

5/16/2019 5:49AM PDT

They actually haven't lied at all. Ya'll just choose to interpret stuff in a different way. Fielding matters so much this year. Diamond fielders (in my own personal experience) very rarely make errors but they still happen, why you ask...because anyone can make an error anytime, that being said I have only seen this on non standard plays. Bronze and common fielders can barely do anything right and boot easy grounders a good chunk of the time...because they are worse fielders. Ergo, fielding matters.

Swing timing matters to make good contact but bloops are still a thing. If you can't stop a guy from making contact enough that he scores on 10 bloop singles that's a you problem not the games problem.  

Comment by trfatboy22
5/16/2019 5:49AM PDT

My SS Frank Thomas is a gold glover with common fielding. He gets the same animations and timing as diamond Don Mattingly at first.

5/16/2019 6:52AM PDT

* People complain because contact hitters are useless.
* People complain because of bloop hits.

Pick one.

Comment by SaveFarris

That doesn’t mean we asked for the game to have little to no success on good/squared contact.  

Heres an idea.  The better timing and pci placement the more success...it’s really not a hard concept 

5/16/2019 6:56AM PDT

They also said “fielding is important”, no it’s not. Game will force you to make errors no matter who you have or what input you make. You could have a Diamond fielder and make no user input mistakes and the game will still force errors at will. 

This game is too frustrating to play at this point. 

Comment by Rambo_11k
5/15/2019 8:34PM PDT

Well, technically it is correct: it matters in the box score every tight game!

5/16/2019 6:59AM PDT
This comment has been deleted.
5/16/2019 7:23PM PDT