You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I am curious to know opinions about what you hate most  about the game:

- Moments, being difficult and repetitive and not reflecting the true difficulty like rookie is actually all star, veteran is actually hall of fame and that.

- Gameplay that line drives are always out and the way to go is blooper hits.

- That you lose games because one of your fielders decide to make an error in a routine play in a key moment of the game.

- Facing the same team over and over again. lets face it every team is: kershaw, ryan, ichiro, gwynn, hornsby, pudge, lofton etc etc. It is boring when there is not variety. (i would prefer events more often. at least you get to face different teams).

- I dont know is i am missing something else, please be free to add

5/5/2019 12:56PM PDT

I actually see plenty of variety in RS

5/5/2019 12:59PM PDT

Offline content and the lack of development, I dont care about wins or losses in a video game so all the BS error stuff doesn't bother me as much as some, but the fact that they stripped down this game and turned it into a glorified over priced baseball card binder bothers me.

5/5/2019 1:00PM PDT

I’d just like to say hating on team variety is a little much right now. That will even out the deeper we get into the season. Do you expect SDS to already have multiple 99s at every position? 

All of the line outs. Especially if I guess the pitch right, it shouldnt be a line drive out to the outfielder almost every time.

5/5/2019 1:03PM PDT

I’d just like to say hating on team variety is a little much right now. That will even out the deeper we get into the season. Do you expect SDS to already have multiple 99s at every position? 

Comment by KThug09

well considering they scrapped all program grinds to cater to those who wanted immortal teams immediately...yes, I kinda do....

MLB stadium lag

Freeze-offs

Facing Sig Frank Thomas 

5/5/2019 1:05PM PDT

well considering they scrapped all program grinds to cater to those who wanted immortal teams immediately...yes, I kinda do....

Comment by JEEZY-E

Immediately? Takes awhile to even get to Silver 1. Not sure what else you could be referring to besides the XP rewards.

5/5/2019 1:07PM PDT

Line outs and defensive bugs for sure. Late/early timing is often better than good timing at the plate and that’s very stupid 

5/5/2019 1:10PM PDT

Immediately? Takes awhile to even get to Silver 1. Not sure what else you could be referring to besides the XP rewards.

Comment by KThug09
5/5/2019 1:07PM PDT

People complained relentlessly that they had to risk their precious online records by using gold players to grind for immortals, they whined that "DD is an online mode only" even though the program grinds didn't restrict them from grinding online, they whined that people had more time to get immortal players in a *** video game than they did, because you know video games are life and death these days. So yea I was expecting the majority of early XP rewards to be 99's to placate those people, they may have just made them XP rewards but what has that done to stop people who have more time to play than others from getting 'immortal teams', nothing, its the same thing except offline players have been completely alienated. So if your going to alienate half your player base you better make sure every 99 is available from launch and available easily or else we just end up with the same whining as last year. 

5/5/2019 1:15PM PDT

Moments and errors in the game. I just washed my pitcher circle a pop fly in the infield for a very high ball and it wouldn’t lock onto it. So it bounced a mile and I gave up two runs. Every game there is at least 2 errors that aren’t my fault. 

5/5/2019 1:22PM PDT

People complained relentlessly that they had to risk their precious online records by using gold players to grind for immortals, they whined that "DD is an online mode only" even though the program grinds didn't restrict them from grinding online, they whined that people had more time to get immortal players in a *** video game than they did, because you know video games are life and death these days. So yea I was expecting the majority of early XP rewards to be 99's to placate those people, they may have just made them XP rewards but what has that done to stop people who have more time to play than others from getting 'immortal teams', nothing, its the same thing except offline players have been completely alienated. So if your going to alienate half your player base you better make sure every 99 is available from launch and available easily or else we just end up with the same whining as last year. 

Comment by JEEZY-E
5/5/2019 1:15PM PDT

Ooook... well I’m glad they didn’t do that lol. Having 99s easily at launch wouldn’t be fun. I miss the individual programs too but last year was definitely excessive with the grinds. Wish they just found a balance instead of removing them completely.

Moments.

Lack of offline content like last year.

Ooook... well I’m glad they didn’t do that lol. Having 99s easily at launch wouldn’t be fun. I miss the individual programs too but last year was definitely excessive with the grinds. Wish they just found a balance instead of removing them completely.

Comment by KThug09

I don't disagree about the grinds being excessive, because they were, but they weren't restricting. I would be happy with just a stat grind, 1000xp and 250 stubs for 300 k's etc. but this, this is just the same thing without any of the entertainment, I play RS because I am forced to now, and even then with my life's schedule I can only play a few here and there and complete collections to keep up with those who do have the time to play for hours everyday, I just feel like they were a bit excessive by completely eliminating any sort of stat or program grind, I imagine even the online players are going to get a little bored. They need to find a balance, I found '17 DD more balanced than this and very few of the stat grinds were linked to cards, thats all they need to do, make some programs linked to cards like the FS and POTM ones were and just make stat grinds that are moderately rewarding e.g. a certain amount of XP and stubs for 500 hits and do it in tiers. Sorry if I came off offensive or harsh in my previous reply but this is one of my biggest and probably my only gripe with the game this year so I get a little worked up about it lol my apologies.

5/5/2019 1:31PM PDT

I would like the system they use for player ratings revamped. Put more stock into what they did over the past 2 years and throw out what they did 3 years ago. Rate players that are great now higher than players that were great 3 years ago. For example, there is no way that Kris Bryant and Joey Votto should be rated higher than Matt Chapman. 

5/5/2019 1:33PM PDT

Lack of offline content. Seems like there's less to do this year for offline players. I like that there's more Conquest maps, though.

Moments. They're awful.

5/5/2019 1:35PM PDT

I don't disagree about the grinds being excessive, because they were, but they weren't restricting. I would be happy with just a stat grind, 1000xp and 250 stubs for 300 k's etc. but this, this is just the same thing without any of the entertainment, I play RS because I am forced to now, and even then with my life's schedule I can only play a few here and there and complete collections to keep up with those who do have the time to play for hours everyday, I just feel like they were a bit excessive by completely eliminating any sort of stat or program grind, I imagine even the online players are going to get a little bored. They need to find a balance, I found '17 DD more balanced than this and very few of the stat grinds were linked to cards, thats all they need to do, make some programs linked to cards like the FS and POTM ones were and just make stat grinds that are moderately rewarding e.g. a certain amount of XP and stubs for 500 hits and do it in tiers. Sorry if I came off offensive or harsh in my previous reply but this is one of my biggest and probably my only gripe with the game this year so I get a little worked up about it lol my apologies.

Comment by JEEZY-E
5/5/2019 1:31PM PDT

It’s all good man. Just threw me off a bit because I was only commenting that it’s unreasonable to complain about lack of team variety this early in the games cycle. 

But I totally agree. I wish there was some incentive for doing certain things statistically. It was fun in 17 when you hit a triple and you got excited because you were that much closer to a milestone reward. Even if the payouts aren’t as good, even just all XP and no stubs, at least it would be something to work towards. Now you get the same results just bunting out the entire game.

5/5/2019 1:42PM PDT

Lack of offline content. To a lesser extent, moments being pointless and not very fun.

It’s all good man. Just threw me off a bit because I was only commenting that it’s unreasonable to complain about lack of team variety this early in the games cycle. 

But I totally agree. I wish there was some incentive for doing certain things statistically. It was fun in 17 when you hit a triple and you got excited because you were that much closer to a milestone reward. Even if the payouts aren’t as good, even just all XP and no stubs, at least it would be something to work towards. Now you get the same results just bunting out the entire game.

Comment by KThug09

I honestly still think you are going to see a lack of variety, even when they do release more cards, its just innevitable in a stat based game but yea its just less entertaining this year, nothing to work towards except WS and even then you are going to be overmatched in squad strength and skill compared to those who can spend months on end playing the game everyday. Nothing about this new set up is an improvement over last year in my opinion, the only improvement is you don't have a bunch of "adults" crying about their inability to field a team of immortals anymore. The sad fact is, at this point I have created a silver LS squad for this RS season just because I am sick of matching up with the same starting pitcher and line up as mine, nothing has changed, just people who didn't want to earn their top cards last year have them quicker.

5/5/2019 1:48PM PDT

Would like more offline dd modes but other than that enjoying the game. 

5/5/2019 2:06PM PDT

Would like more offline dd modes but other than that enjoying the game. 

Comment by SurfinSantaCruz
5/5/2019 2:06PM PDT

I don't even need more offline DD modes, just give me some stat or program grinds so I am not forced to play conquest or RS..ALL THE TIME.. lol and those that say/think TA is a grind, its not. 

5/5/2019 2:11PM PDT

Lack of offline content. It’s basically online, moments (which suck) and occasionally new conquest maps (which are cool, but not nearly challenging, interesting  or rewarding enough)

5/5/2019 2:12PM PDT

Having 2 strikouts to dudes 15 and still losing because of laggy *** connections in mlb stadiums.

Having 2 strikouts to dudes 15 and still losing because of laggy *** connections in mlb stadiums.

Comment by tyrusthebull

Barnes Canyon FTW!!

5/5/2019 2:15PM PDT

Hate is a strong word. I just prefer to play as many RS or events as I can. I’ll do the other stuff from time to time. It was a big shift this year, we’ll see what sticks and what’s on the scrap heap. M2O is a good concept, a bit of tweeking and it could become a staple

5/5/2019 2:40PM PDT