You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Decided to retool my lineup and play with people I actually want to play with.

Guy struck out 12 times and was just blindly swinging for fastballs most time.  Would have struck out more if cards like Ichiro didn't foul off balls two feet out of the zone but hey, this is who the game is catered too so little Billy can feel competitive.  I had 1 walk and a whopping 2 strikeouts.  Took a 2-0 lead and then the usual stuff happened.  Could have set my controller down because I couldn't score again until the 9th.  I am not the person that says I square up everything because I don't.  However, when I do and am in the lead it is hardly ever a hit.  3rd inning Oswalt throws a good/good pitch that I put low and inside right over the middle for a Lofton HR.  So even though this guy couldn't make contact in over a 3rd of his AB's, he was always one swing away from tying or taking the lead.  Had he been able to make more contact, I am sure he would have had some bloopers, errors, dribblers, etc to give him a better chance.  This guy was ranked 800 and had no business being at this rank but hey, this is what the game has become.  Probably his first time being in CS.  People making CS and WS for the first time ever seems to be a thing now. Hmmm

Really a shame a lot of people on this forum are blind.  Tells me that you are one of these people.

4/28/2019 12:13PM PDT

Couldn't agree more, This game needs some serious help. It's stupid how every game is just so close. The balls that are hit seem so heavy at times. I just played a 14 inn 1-0 game that I won. Glad someone else sees the ripples this has and how the "comeback logic" ruins this game. I don't care if someone beats me 10-0 or I win 10-0 I rather that be the outcome then have to deal with the bloopers. Honestly sure a blooper or two will find a way in a baseball game. I Don't mind that, But when someone has 13 hits and 8 of them are dinkers then there is something wrong. 

4/28/2019 12:21PM PDT

I agree with you 100%. I feel like this game sides with one team till the 8th or 9th inning. Happens to me everytime. My opponent and I could both have 99 Kershaw on the mound and only one of us can hit off that Kershaw, one person will just groud out or pop up a bunch of times and the other will just rake off you.  Once again just like last year I feel like theres no diversity in this game. Sometimes i feel bad for my opponents when im beating them 5-0 and they can't hit or score a run, unless there record is terrible than I think they suck and thats y im winning but i mostly vs good people in this game and they still cant hit, i dont think they suck, the game is just siding me, this could sound dumb but its true.

4/28/2019 12:22PM PDT

They seriously have to fix the htting and pitching once again. How am I going to line out or get a warning track bomb thats caught when i got a good and squared up hit. Im not asking for a homerun, but atleast a line drive to the gab, not some line out. Also im tired of throwing a perfect meter pitch and it goes no where near where i put it. 

4/28/2019 12:25PM PDT

The same 3 guys conspiring against sds every time they lose.. smh. I think this game is too random but it isn't scripted.

4/28/2019 12:28PM PDT

The same 3 guys conspiring against sds every time they lose.. smh. I think this game is too random but it isn't scripted.

Comment by mitchhammond24

Way more than 3 but whatever.  

4/28/2019 1:33PM PDT

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E

The point is, every time we see u create a post, your talking down and negatively at the game. dDo you honestly have anything better to do?

4/28/2019 1:38PM PDT

The point is, every time we see u create a post, your talking down and negatively at the game. dDo you honestly have anything better to do?

Comment by sportsking1331
4/28/2019 1:38PM PDT

yea, one person complains about ranked, another about moments, and the other about how stupid the program stars are or something

4/28/2019 1:49PM PDT

yea, one person complains about ranked, another about moments, and the other about how stupid the program stars are or something

Comment by jmiller5757
4/28/2019 1:49PM PDT

Yeah exactly lol. We can understand your frusturation from one post, no need to post about your frusturation every single day and instead try to improve lol

4/28/2019 1:52PM PDT

I thought said you were going to shelf the game.

4/28/2019 1:53PM PDT

Comment by two7offsuit

Haha. I predicted right lol

Just incase he tries to deny it: https://theshownation.com/forums/2-diamond-dynasty/forum_topics/136709-guess-i-need-to-shelf-this-crap

4/28/2019 1:56PM PDT

Lol, if you think it’s only 3 guys talking about the shady gameplay this year, you need to venture out of this site and see what others are saying. 

Hell dude, I saw you posting on one of McGunski’s streams a while back, the same stream in which he mentioned he’s had some games that felt scripted.  Did you call him out for saying that? It’s a yes or no answer. 

4/28/2019 2:49PM PDT

Comment by two7offsuit

Hahahahaha

4/28/2019 3:26PM PDT

Can the game improve? Yes. Does the gameplay cater to a certain type of players? For sure, every game does. If you don't like the game just stop playing it. That's what's nice about video games; there's something for every person, and if you don't like a game, then simply don't play it.

4/28/2019 3:33PM PDT

You get a tissue...and you get a tissue...Everyone gets a tissue!!!

4/28/2019 3:45PM PDT

Comment by two7offsuit

D_e_m_I_s_E has been saying he was going to shelf the game or not buy the following year's iteration for 4 years now.

We got to routinely see him complain about comeback logic, SDS servers, latency, and of course, everyone's favorite...how nobody can compare to his superior internet and that he is losing because people have bad internet connections.  He also routinely invited people to go play him at his place to prove how great he is without internet issues, which was creepy af.

SDS are the ones laughing though...here you have someone that clearly hates the game and everything related to it...but here he is, spending his money on it every year.  Perhaps, just maybe, that this game is catered to people like HIM, and not the people he seems to think it's catered for...

4/28/2019 3:49PM PDT

who ever is saying that were complaining about the game are mad dumb. yea your not wrong about us complaining, but lets be real, im pretty sure youve all had problems with this game, to the point that you dont feel like playing it. Were not trying to say this game sucks were just bringing up problems that shouldnt be happening and should be fixed, or things that should be added or taken out, etc. Dont get me wrong on what i said, i love this game, i love baseball, and i wont stop playing it i just feel that some things could be improved. I wouldnt call it complaining or hating on this game, unless there seriously really really mad at this game to the point they break something, i would say that were just critiquing the game. And I assure you there are tons of people that critique/complain about this game. Nobody is trying to be negative on this game, unless the person only talks bad things about this game. 

4/28/2019 4:37PM PDT

Though I see what yall are saying about DEMISE, you do complain a lot bro, some things cant be changed or is just goin to happen cause thats how games work. 

4/28/2019 4:41PM PDT

I experienced the same thing yesterday. The other guy had 19 strikeouts through 11 innings because he swung at EVERYTHING. I out him like 16-8 or something. I was throwing everything out of the zone and finally quit when he got a grand slam on the top of the 12th despite the fact that I threw everything out of the zone. 

4/28/2019 4:49PM PDT

I think SDS does an adequate job at catering to as many audiences as possible, while still making a good game. It sucks baseball and sports games in general have to cater to the average fan, but that’s the reality. 

The issue is baseball selling it’s rights exclusively because it makes them more money. That costs money, and means the game needs to make a certain profit, or people are fired and lives are disrupted. 

4/28/2019 4:52PM PDT

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E

Ik it's more than 3. I'm one of them. But I don't believe in scripting and it's always the same people on the forums talking exclusively about DDA and other bs. The hitting isn't great, but it's not because of DDA, scripting, comeback logic, and all your ***.

4/28/2019 5:43PM PDT

Lol, if you think it’s only 3 guys talking about the shady gameplay this year, you need to venture out of this site and see what others are saying. 

Hell dude, I saw you posting on one of McGunski’s streams a while back, the same stream in which he mentioned he’s had some games that felt scripted.  Did you call him out for saying that? It’s a yes or no answer. 

Comment by Rambo_11k
4/28/2019 2:49PM PDT

Yeah I've been critical about lineouts and good input not being rewarded. Very critical. But I don't agree with scripting being in the game. If Mcgunski said that, which I don't recall, it was likely because he was mad about the randomness of the game. I think if he said that it was off of pure frustration and not actual reflection 

4/28/2019 5:47PM PDT

D_e_m_I_s_E has been saying he was going to shelf the game or not buy the following year's iteration for 4 years now.

We got to routinely see him complain about comeback logic, SDS servers, latency, and of course, everyone's favorite...how nobody can compare to his superior internet and that he is losing because people have bad internet connections.  He also routinely invited people to go play him at his place to prove how great he is without internet issues, which was creepy af.

SDS are the ones laughing though...here you have someone that clearly hates the game and everything related to it...but here he is, spending his money on it every year.  Perhaps, just maybe, that this game is catered to people like HIM, and not the people he seems to think it's catered for...

Comment by eldur74
4/28/2019 3:49PM PDT

Hardly played at all in 18. The time is coming.  Most gamers have crap internet. Hate to break that news to you.

4/28/2019 5:51PM PDT

Yeah exactly lol. We can understand your frusturation from one post, no need to post about your frusturation every single day and instead try to improve lol

Comment by sportsking1331
4/28/2019 1:52PM PDT

Try to improve.  That's a good one.  How can I improve my diamond rated SS to catch a jam shot pop up or the non-stop errors, bloopers and dribblers when you are ahead?  How about the magic good/good pitches over the middle so little Billy can just hit X.  I'll work on that.  lol

Yea, I played a few more games with a different lineup and tried some other things.  Exact same thing.

4/28/2019 5:54PM PDT

Yeah I've been critical about lineouts and good input not being rewarded. Very critical. But I don't agree with scripting being in the game. If Mcgunski said that, which I don't recall, it was likely because he was mad about the randomness of the game. I think if he said that it was off of pure frustration and not actual reflection 

4/28/2019 5:47PM PDT

If I remember right, someone asked him if he thought the game was scripted and his response was, my last 3 games felt like they were scripted....might not be word for word but whatever.  

I see randomness as a form of scripting. It’s like the programming deciding to do whatever at whatever time it wants. 

For example: Good/Squared hits, some times you get rewarded and sometimes not, it’s the programming deciding that. 

Errors, again it’s the programming deciding to let them happen at certain times. You have no control of it. 

This is why players are calling the game scripted. 

4/28/2019 6:03PM PDT