You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

This post is intended for the strictly off line grinder. This is totally separate from online play and has nothing to do with it.

After watching the rollout for the 2nd Inning program in yesterday's stream, I came to the conclusion that SDS will more likely than not will not be adding any stat based missions or programs to the game this year. They have fully embraced the concept of Moments and are doing away with the program or arc type missions of years past.

These games are planned out months ahead of time, so the notion of adding stat missions on the fly seems far fetched. Remember last year the huge gap between the 1st half of career arcs and the 2nd half that introduced the remaining arcs and immortals? I would wager that they spent most of their time since the game released until that new content dropped simply working on the missions and all of the coding needed. So just saying they can easily create a new batch of stat based missions is not that simple.

I am not a programmer but it cannot be easy telling the game to add up X stat(s) by X type player(s) and once a certain numbers are hit reward the user with this certain card.

So I am sad to say the grind is gone, and I know that is what many gamers enjoyed about the game. Yes, I know inning 2 drops today, but I am not looking forward to another conquest map and some more moments. I find myself playing less and less everyday and that is something I never did last year or in 17.

There are some of you that love moments and I am truly happy for you, but the moment lovers seem to be in the minority based on what I see on this and other boards.

I know that I am not alone in saying that my interest and desire to play this once great game is waning everyday. 

The beauty of this game was that there was not one way to play the game, an offline grinder could get the same amount of enjoyment as an online player. And the guys that played both got the best of both worlds.

But with the patches supposedly ruining online play and the offline grind being gone, people will stop playing this game and that is not good for any of us.

4/19/2019 6:09AM PDT

Well now they nerfed the amount of stars you get in both online and offline modes, so now it's going to be even harder to get the program-based rewards.  It's like they are eliminating one thing after another until you play their "Moments".  I really hope that's not the case though.

One question I have, when they were marketing this game was there any mention that there would be no stat grinding at all.  Was there any indication in previews, streams, or anything else that the game was going to do away with missions and only have Moments?

The reason I ask is that I didn't pay attention, just laid out my $80 pre-order money (I think I read one article in Game Informer prior to release).  I didn't feel it was necessary, since I enjoyed The Show so much in previous years.  Next year I will definitely want to know what offline play will be like before I buy it.

Comment by Precisionist99
4/20/2019 1:28PM CDT

No, they actually teased things like the multiple lineups, which I don't see a point for now, and in game mission stat tracking. The tracking is very helpful, but they never mentioned it being tied to only Moments.

It is still early, I'm hoping down the road we get some sort of program grind. If not I guess I'll see how far I can get in RS.

4/20/2019 1:11PM PDT
See original thread.